Options

EE - Children In Need Ghosts Revealed!

Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
Forum Member
It has been confirmed that Lucy Beale, Pat Butcher, Kathy Mitchell and Cindy Beale will all be returning to haunt Ian Beale in the Children in Need special!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/news/a604373/dead-eastenders-characters-to-haunt-ian-beale-for-children-in-need.html

Comments

• Options
    walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    OMG. This is exactly what I was hoping for.

A-ma-zing.
  • Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Yay Pat!!!!!
    Shouldn't have killed her off, in fact they shouldn't have killed any of the 4 off
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Pat!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will the Lucy ghost give a clue. Will it be canon?
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh wow, that's way better than I was expecting! Deffo tuning in for that! :D
  • Options
    Rich_WilsonRich_Wilson Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    I said this!! Amazing!!! Really looking forward to this!! Well done Eastenders!!
  • Options
    NickJordanNickJordan Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, this is fabulous
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to this! It will be great to see lucy and kathy back! Pat can stay and we wilm be able to forget the fact she was killed off. Pauline and Lou would of been great given the storyline but sadly no longer with is :( rip Anna and Wendy :'(
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazing, but dreading seeing Pat, she should never of been killed off, and it's just insulting to viewers!:(

Pam St. Clement will be amazing though!

They could very easily bring Kathy back, so this is backing themselves into a corner!:(
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This will be amazing but so annoying at the same time as it will only highlight how wrong it was to kill Pat, Kathy and Cindy off.

lou_123 wrote: »
    They could very easily bring Kathy back, so this is backing themselves into a corner!:(

No they really couldn't. Santer said he wanted to and tried to think up a plausible way but it wasn't realistic. She is gone and we have to deal with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How could they bring Kathy back? She's dead, maybe around 2006/2007 she could have made a shock return, but it's just not plausible she would be away from Ben for so long.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    I might be in another country on that night which is really disappointing! I will find a way to watch it, even if it kills me :D

I'm so happy about this, well done to EastEnders and I'm really looking forward to seeing all four of those characters.
  • Options
    dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How could they bring Kathy back? She's dead, maybe around 2006/2007 she could have made a shock return, but it's just not plausible she would be away from Ben for so long.

Ultimately there is a plausible way but it's far fetched. Her husband could have been involved in some drugs cartel or a general criminal underworld type and the car accident was caused by men connected to this. While Gavin was killed instantly, Kathy was still alive so the gang took her and placed a body in her place. She may have then either gone on the run or stayed with the gang until her return - in both cases she would have extreme amnesia and her memories would have been tripped by discovering about what happened to Gavin.

Again plausible just far fetched. However, Kathy is one of those characters I could suspend belief for.
  • Options
    CeeCee87CeeCee87 Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    As its children in need I think the skit will be about Ian refusing to give to charity and the ghosts coming to show him what lifes about etc! Great they've got those actresses on board to take part.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Amazing, amazing, amazing. These things can often be a let-down, but there's no chance of that happening here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think Lucy's ghost will probably blame a character whose already a murderer for her death as a spoof so they don't give anything away, sort of like how Kat and Liz spoofed 'You Ain't Ma Muvva'
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Lucy's ghost will probably blame a character whose already a murderer for her death as a spoof so they don't give anything away, sort of like how Kat and Liz spoofed 'You Ain't Ma Muvva'

Oh, I see. Don't you think making it lighter in tone (out of context of the buildup) will take away some of the seriousness of the soon to be seen reveal?

A clue would be good. They might make it poignant. She'll be the last visitation I suspect.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    Yay Pat. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sw2963 wrote: »
    Oh, I see. Don't you think making it lighter in tone (out of context of the buildup) will take away some of the seriousness of the soon to be seen reveal?

A clue would be good. They might make it poignant. She'll be the last visitation I suspect.

Hmm, they may just miss that out all together anyway.
  • Options
    MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see Sharon reunited with Den and Angie in the Queen Vic. This would be absolutely epic;

The other idea is to reunite all surviving members of the original cast for a one-off sketch.

Sue and Ali back in the Cafe
    Den and Angie back in the Vic
    Dr Legg in the surgery

for one night only.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I wanna see a real ghost, why don't they bring back Wendy Richards?
  • Options
    IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was hoping Ian woukd be the visitee so looking forward to the Beale centric CIN Episode.

I think its such a shame Wendy has passed away, (RIP) as Pauline would hav been amazing in this CIN and she no doubt would have been back for this considering how close Ian and Pauline were ( prefer their relationship to Ian/Dot but then I guess there is no other female who could serve as a mother figure to Ian anymore). In fact had Pauline not remarried and Wendy was still with us, I think Pauline would have been amazing in the who killed Lucy plot
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Markjuk wrote: »
    I would like to see Sharon reunited with Den and Angie in the Queen Vic. This would be absolutely epic;

The other idea is to reunite all surviving members of the original cast for a one-off sketch.

Sue and Ali back in the Cafe
    Den and Angie back in the Vic
    Dr Legg in the surgery

for one night only.

Seeing Den and Angie back behind the bar of the Vic would be epic. Linda could come down and say 'get outta ma pub!' Sharon would introduce them and Linda would go 'oh, alright dahlin' and go back upstairs.

Around the 30th it would be good to see Dr Legg come over for a cup of tea and slice of battenburg.

Hilariously producers have regretted Kathy and Pat dying and there were rumours about Cindy being alive through witness protection. I know people are bitter Pat was killed off but it will be good to see her.

All of the characters are iconic. Maybe Lucy will give a sly teaser of the future of her storyline?
  • Options
    lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this! It will be great to see lucy and kathy back! Pat can stay and we wilm be able to forget the fact she was killed off. Pauline and Lou would of been great given the storyline but sadly no longer with is :( rip Anna and Wendy :'(

Yes I completely agree with the bit in bold. Pauline would of been great to return. However, she shouldn't of been killed off in 2006. We could of still had a few more years of Pauline until at least 2008. Shame.
  • Options
    lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IanMandy wrote: »
    I was hoping Ian woukd be the visitee so looking forward to the Beale centric CIN Episode.

I think its such a shame Wendy has passed away, (RIP) as Pauline would hav been amazing in this CIN and she no doubt would have been back for this considering how close Ian and Pauline were ( prefer their relationship to Ian/Dot but then I guess there is no other female who could serve as a mother figure to Ian anymore). In fact had Pauline not remarried and Wendy was still with us, I think Pauline would have been amazing in the who killed Lucy plot

If Pauline and Wendy were still alive then I don't even think we would of got this 'WhokilledLucy' plot. Instead, Wendy would of been the main focus as she would of been the longest running character on the show. Ian, Sharon and Dot probably would still have a big focus in the 30th but not as big as Pauline. Same as now, Ian is getting the most focus for the 30th with Dot and Sharon getting smaller stories of their own. I do miss Pauline and Wendy so much.