Options

Zoo

Comments

• Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oscar_ wrote: »
    Since the title of this thread has no mention of "pace" or spoilers policy I have always taken it as being a general discussion about the show. Also I am not sure how far the UK is behind the US. Some shows these days are seen at almost the same time but with this one perhaps not. At US pace we got a double episode at the beginning of Season 2 and I presume the double episode (12 and 13) is the season finale.
    I have enjoyed Zoo as one of several good shows through the summer season. Looks like they wrote the story expecting this to be the final season but have tweaked it a bit to allow for something new for Season 3. I am glad this is going to happen but it remains to be seen how well it will work if they are going to shift everything forward by a number of years. If this season was set in present day then the next season would perhaps need to have some slightly futuristic technology, even if it is only about 10 years worth. We have always had to willingly suspend lots of disbelief with this show.

They travelled from the island to Portland, Maine on their jet plane but it seems the birds made the trip of thousands of miles almost as quickly, or did I misunderstand that bit??
    Not necessarily, if the world i suddenly infertile science and the world would have been too busy concentrating on that instead of technology.

They didn't leave as soon as the birds did, they were in captivity and trying to escape for a bit.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    They didn't leave as soon as the birds did, they were in captivity and trying to escape for a bit.
    The "bit" in captivity seemed to last about 5 minutes and it was the easiest prison to escape from as they just had to wait for the door to open. I'm sure their super-duper plane could catch up a flock of birds. Let's just ignore whether such a big plane (looked like a modified A380) could land and take off from such a small landing strip on a supposedly unknown island. And how did Jamie and Logan get there so quickly?

I really should stop trying to understand this nonsense.
  • Options
    SgtRockSgtRock Posts: 11,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It gets sillier and sillier.

Like a news network would employ a newsreader who pronounces "nuclear" as "nucular"...

And they're now looking for Jurassic Park...

What kind of nucular-powered helicopter did Daniela use to get from "Ipswich" (ha!) to Helsinki in that time??
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had to laugh when Mitch told Jamie the plane miraculously gets cleaned up, this show doesn't take itself seriously which is what I like.

Got behind with this show but all caught up for tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Idea for new movie: Gorillas In The Lift.

Can't help thinking that if they'd had Robert Oz on board from the start they would have had the cure by now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone have any idea what's going on now??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought episode 12 was the season finale, but no, there's one more!
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SgtRock wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea what's going on now??

I doubt the writers even have a clue what's going on.
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought episode twelve would have been a better series end than episode thirteen. Lots of stretches of credibility (as usual) and no huge shock that Mitch is alive, I was going by the "if you don't see the body then they may be alive" policy. However he is a frustrating character so I would have rather he had left the show than be returning.

The time hop will at least get round the awkwardness of having a baby on the plane.

I still think axing Chloe was a mistake.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest they should have ended the show for good when they released the birds to cure the animals. Don't really like when shows jump ahead in time.

As much as I like the silliness of the show, 2 seasons would have been enough.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So in ten years they haven't found the cure for human sterility?

So many stretches of credibility in that episode. The shepherds throw them in a cell from which they escaped in two minutes. The shepherds didn't do the one thing which would have kept the Zoo crew on the island - destroy the plane. "Look - the birds from Pangaea!" - like they couldn't have just been regular birds! And so on... although at least they mentioned the mother cell!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So in ten years they haven't found the cure for human sterility?

So many stretches of credibility in that episode. The shepherds throw them in a cell from which they escaped in two minutes. The shepherds didn't do the one thing which would have kept the Zoo crew on the island - destroy the plane. "Look - the birds from Pangaea!" - like they couldn't have just been regular birds! And so on... although at least they mentioned the mother cell!
    People really have to stop saying that about this show, all of it is silly lol

The only one who can cure everyone is Mitch of course :p
  • Options
    sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had a Zoo fest over the weekend and last night.

Great to know we are going in to another season, bit concerned that he didnt recognise Mitch's daughter, even I did, loved the finale, agree with a poster that said its another Dome, but its watchable.

So Mitch can save mankind, only got to find him, although in these programmes, blood being spurted, drag marks, animals feasting, dont mean anything, looking forward to the next series now they always finish with me wanting more, which is a good thing.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 28/06/17 - 16:55 #140
    Season 3 starts on Sky 1 on July 7th at 9pm
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Season 3 starts on Syfy on July 7th at 9pm

They are still making this rubbish? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's rubbish, but good rubbish. It's not a show for thinking, just over the top fun.

• Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 28/06/17 - 17:42 #143
    Woodbine wrote: »

It's rubbish, but good rubbish. It's not a show for thinking, just over the top fun.

I watched the first series and thought it was really boring and really far fetched. I don't mind far fetched as long as it's entertaining but this wasn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I watched the first series and thought it was really boring and really far fetched. I don't mind far fetched as long as it's entertaining but this wasn't.
    Each to their own, I'm easily pleased to be honest :p

• Options
    Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The trailer looks bonkers. The hybrids are great. How long before we get dino traits…? It's gonna happen, been saying it since beginning of last season then we got sabre tooth tigers.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 29/06/17 - 06:39 #146
    The show is absolutely bonkers but i love it. Can't until it's back next week.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed! Though I sometimes struggle to understand the mentality of US networks these days when shows like Zoo get (at least) three seasons whereas anything that even remotely shows serious potential tends to get cancelled after one. If Star Trek TNG was released now it probably wouldn't have got past season two.

• Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »

Agreed! Though I sometimes struggle to understand the mentality of US networks these days when shows like Zoo get (at least) three seasons whereas anything that even remotely shows serious potential tends to get cancelled after one. If Star Trek TNG was released now it probably wouldn't have got past season two.

Viewers want something that you just enjoy it for what it is, literally anything could happen, it was mentioned before on here that dinosaurs could appear and it wouldn't make it any more bonkers. Just sit back and enjoy the ride is all I say.
  • Options
    Oscar_Oscar_ Posts: 3,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to have this back as one of several enjoyable summer season shows. I am still a Kristen Connolly fan and nice to see her looking different in the storyline this season compared to last year. They are now "10 years later" so it will be interesting to see how they cope with the futuristic element, but as it is a fun fantasy fest I guess attention to detail in the technology is not important. Off to a great start with episode 01.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 08/07/17 - 21:09 #150
    Episode 1 didn't let down anyone who loves how bonkers this show is.

Jackson (the renegade zoologist!) is now trying to save the last inhabitants of the West Coast hybrid-ridden wasteland and get them to safety behind a huge barrier that has apparently been built north to south across the whole country (Donald Trump eat your heart out!) He can now apparently control lions with his mind. He still has time to snog women before luring a frightening new hybrid creature (which can crash through metal walls, cars etc) into a flimsy looking truck from which it can now apparently not escape.

Abe and Dariella are married and have a kid. Abe is working on a cure for human sterility - presumably because NO-ELSE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD IS??

Jamie has apparently become some kind of millionaire author, holding swanky parties in a New York which looks remarkably unaffected and unbothered by the fact that the human race is dying out. She has custody of the Zoo plane (which is still in perfect working order) and at night she becomes a ninja warrior to break into secret science labs. Jamie is therefore now Batman.

Mitch has been kept in a stasis tank since being captured in the hybrid lab ten years ago. The stasis tank is now in Eastern Siberia. His daughter Clem (or is she?) tries to enlist Abe and Dariella's help to get out there and break him out before the IADG get there. She leaves them behind and just hooks up with Jamie in the plane instead. The plane is of course primed and ready with a crew to achieve "wheels up" in five minutes. The IADG have beaten them to it though, and already broken Mitch out of the stasis tank. They are trying to get information out of him (we don't know what) but he is unable to speak and can only communicate by scribbling a messy doodle, which looks like the word "SEX". Their next tactic is to bring in a woman who claims to be Clem - is she the real Clem or is the other girl the real Clem?

Meanwhile Jackson has sent Abe a sample of the new hybrid rhino's blood. A few hours later the blood has escaped its tube and is growing into some kind of blob - but what is it?? Meanwhile again, someone who appears to be an IADG agent has blown up Jackson's refugee camp and the hybrid rhino with it.

All this happens in one 40-minute episode which leaves us no closer to knowing what on earth is going on, or where on earth this is supposed to be going.

Bring on Episode 2.
  • Options
    Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,739
    Forum Member
    Episode 1 didn't let down anyone who loves how bonkers this show is.

Jackson (the renegade zoologist!) is now trying to save the last inhabitants of the West Coast hybrid-ridden wasteland and get them to safety behind a huge barrier that has apparently been built north to south across the whole country (Donald Trump eat your heart out!) He can now apparently control lions with his mind. He still has time to snog women before luring a frightening new hybrid creature (which can crash through metal walls, cars etc) into a flimsy looking truck from which it can now apparently not escape.

Abe and Dariella are married and have a kid. Abe is working on a cure for human sterility - presumably because NO-ELSE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD IS??

Jamie has apparently become some kind of millionaire author, holding swanky parties in a New York which looks remarkably unaffected and unbothered by the fact that the human race is dying out. She has custody of the Zoo plane (which is still in perfect working order) and at night she becomes a ninja warrior to break into secret science labs. Jamie is therefore now Batman.

Mitch has been kept in a stasis tank since being captured in the hybrid lab ten years ago. The stasis tank is now in Eastern Siberia. His daughter Clem (or is she?) tries to enlist Abe and Dariella's help to get out there and break him out before the IADG get there. She leaves them behind and just hooks up with Jamie in the plane instead. The plane is of course primed and ready with a crew to achieve "wheels up" in five minutes. The IADG have beaten them to it though, and already broken Mitch out of the stasis tank. They are trying to get information out of him (we don't know what) but he is unable to speak and can only communicate by scribbling a messy doodle, which looks like the word "SEX". Their next tactic is to bring in a woman who claims to be Clem - is she the real Clem or is the other girl the real Clem?

Meanwhile Jackson has sent Abe a sample of the new hybrid rhino's blood. A few hours later the blood has escaped its tube and is growing into some kind of blob - but what is it?? Meanwhile again, someone who appears to be an IADG agent has blown up Jackson's refugee camp and the hybrid rhino with it.

All this happens in one 40-minute episode which leaves us no closer to knowing what on earth is going on, or where on earth this is supposed to be going.

Bring on Episode 2.

Glad you explained all that to me - I recorded and watched on Saturday and hadn't a Scooby what was going on - but it's all so much clearer now :mrgreen:

This show is just so bonkers that you have to suspend any kind of logic and go with it for the ride....