Options

Zoo

Comments

• Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    I'm finding this series really meh. I want to know what happens but I've not really got much interest in watching it. It feels like a bit of a let down, not really gory enough for one thing considering the story line (but maybe that's just me). I'll probably end up just reading the spoilers.

But I know at least 2 people in my office are loving it, maybe I'm just too fussy :D
  • Options
    xtra_timextra_time Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    katt wrote: »
    maybe its pointing out that some animals are developing a caring nature towards some humans and not all are are out to kill/maim...........

possibly

the little girl clearly dotes on the dog so maybe the dog is returning the favour and telling the girl (for want of a better word) when she is about to have an attack.......

that is kinda how I saw it anyway

Im probably completely wrong

I am thinking once the dog has more of the meds inside then it may stop telling her about the attacks coming
  • Options
    MaccaMacca Posts: 18,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xtra_time wrote: »
    I am thinking once the dog has more of the meds inside then it may stop telling her about the attacks coming

This show has a talking dog? :o:D
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maccadanny wrote: »
    This show has a talking dog? :o:D

That would liven it up!
  • Options
    SgtRockSgtRock Posts: 11,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really only watching this now for the amusement value, it is getting worse and worse. They're in a life or death situation trying to build an electromagnetic pulse (or an oscillator) and they break off for a lengthy psych session. Abraham turns into Batman to defeat six(?) of the gangsters on his own. The woman in Paris looked more worried about the mess the bear was making of her lovely kitchen than the bear itself. Why is the "master cell" in such a huge container?
  • Options
    SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My God, this show is so bad. Probably worse than Under the Dome. So many WTF moments every episode.
    The worst hunting method I've ever seen, just run after the first thing you see.

The disapearing ninja grizzly bear in Paris.

The complete lack of security at a death row prison (that apparently has no fire suppresion system). "Let me in, I'm French"

The artic base that runs off solar power with no way of storing that power or any sort of back up system.

Being thrown in an abandoned derelict apartment and told to solve the bat crisis.... and they do!

Shooting an FBI agent with zero consequences.
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel the same as all of you. Its on planner, but I have to be REALLY bored to watch it. It just hasn't gripped me, and its a shame because it could have been excellent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm only sticking with it as the series isn't too long, if it had been 20+ episodes i think i'd have given up now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing that amuses me most is the preamble at the start (where else would it be? :)), talking about how this elite squad of five has been recruited due to their special skills. One of them is described as "a journalist".

Of course a journalist - after all, who would put together any kind of special task force without the crucial 20% of journalism skills?

Difficult to know where to start with the absurdity of this week's episode, but how about the ludicrous computer hacking sequence?
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    I'm only sticking with it as the series isn't too long, if it had been 20+ episodes i think i'd have given up now.

I feel the same, I figure by now we're over half way so might as well watch to the end
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SgtRock wrote: »
    Difficult to know where to start with the absurdity of this week's episode, but how about the ludicrous computer hacking sequence?

Haha, what was that about. I like how they knew all about the company's security and data storage arrangements even before the French lady came into the room, considering she'd be the one best placed to find out.

Or the gullable VP who happens to wandering through the lobby and believes he's won a trip from some random stranger. Oh, no, they wouldn't tell him that via an appointed meeting or e-mail. Nope just a random bloke who then walks straight out of the building.

Or the facial recognition security that unlocks using a photo (she only held that phone up for a couple of seconds)

Or no one noticed the suspissious, massive black man standing stock still in the middle of the lobby, but the guard noticed that she had left her sunglasses behind even before she had got up from the table.

:D

By the way, did the Frenchie's ex say he was a civil engineer?
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    SgtRock wrote: »

i liked that scene, not sure what was ludicrous about it
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zoo has been renewed for a 2nd season. :eek:
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good news, enjoying it so far. Sundays at 9pm seem like the perfect time for it to.
  • Options
    daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried, I really did. There were some really interesting moments, but the script and the acting and some of the sequences are just mind boggling bad. Some of it is quite fun, silly and I can laugh at it, but I've drifted into boredom now. I had 4 eps left on my planner but I've deleted them. There's too many other good things too watch!

I only really held out as long as I did because I like Billy Burke.

Glad for fans that it's getting season 2, but hope it doesn't descend to the level of dreadful that Under the Dome did.
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Zoo has been renewed for a 2nd season. :eek:

Good, it is getting better
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow I am surprised it got a Season 2 Billy Burke kept me watching but I did fall behind a few weeks I would rather watch him in revolution.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking of giving up. The first few episodes were good but since then its gone downhill.
    I want to see more of the animals.
    The cast, Billy Burke aside, are dreadful too. The blonde woman is an awful actress, and the main guy, a poor mans Nick from Grimm, fawning over his obvious 'love interest' is tedious. The reporter girl is marginally better but still irritating. I don't mind the black guy.
    But overall nobody is that likeable and i'd be happy for all the wolves and lions just eat the lot of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    curvybabes wrote: »
    Wow I am surprised it got a Season 2 Billy Burke kept me watching but I did fall behind a few weeks I would rather watch him in revolution.

I like Billy too but ironically i gave up Revolution half way through as i found it tedious!
    I liked him in Rizzoli and Isles!
  • Options
    kattkatt Posts: 10,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the 1st episode with the lions I thought was really good and the show showed promise

since then it has gone downhill

Im surprised it has gotten a 2nd season!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do exterminators really use flamethrowers indoors?

"Hi Mrs Smith, I've solved your rat problem, I burnt your house down"
  • Options
    kattkatt Posts: 10,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SXTony wrote: »
    Do exterminators really use flamethrowers indoors?

"Hi Mrs Smith, I've solved your rat problem, I burnt your house down"

hehe, I thought the same thing

I dont think so................ :confused::p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And of course, if you're going into an abandoned hotel to search for deadly rats, why would you bother taking decent torches with you when the feeble flash on an iPhone clearly works so well?
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    I think I know what the issue is. Its on too long. It should be 30 mins rather than an hour, then they wouldn't need to drag so much out.

Enjoying bits of it, and its interesting
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Season 2 starts on Sky 1 on July 17th

http://www.geektown.co.uk/tvairdates/zoo/