BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 41)

Comments

• Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning everyone :)
    I had to wrestle my phone off Pippin last night and at 6.00 i found out she had set the alarm. She obviously found it easier than i do :D

Morning honey :D

Smart doggie :D
  • nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    morning all :)
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nowahalla wrote: »

Morning halla :D
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Morning halla :)
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Good Morning Everyone.:)

Sun trying to make an effort here.
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    We've been watching 'Empire' on BBC1, I've found it really interesting and it's explained bits of history that I either missed or was too young and stupid to realise their signficance!

I have 50,000 glasses to unwrap from their newspaper and replace in cabinets, dressers etc. I can't bear to think of washing them all - I might do 10 at a time:o
    Morning JoJo.:)
    Am i seeing right?
    How on earth do you have 50,000 glasses?:eek:
    Yes Hicky we know that, but do they???

Just on news now that the oldest Olympic torch bearer is a 99 year old woman:eek: I wonder how far she;s carrying it??
    It's Logic dear Watson.

She takes it from 1 care home to the next to warm them up.
    And oh look, Hicky. Here it is being discussed somewhere else!
    http://www.bigbrother247.co.uk/channel-5-set-to-renew-big-brother-contract/
    Morning Honey.:)
    They know less than us.
    I go by Logic, and that always wins.
    Scots rool wrote: »
    Morning all :D
    Morning SR.:)
    I wouldn't be in the least surprised if they did do that.

You have inside information do you? :rolleyes:

No we don't, as CH5 have kept quiet of whether they're keeping the regular BB.

:confused: Then it has been questioned. :rolleyes:
    So FM's on a BB forum are nobodies?

It has been questioned by plenty of people in various places & via the media.........but I suppose you'll know better than anyone.

Fancy that! ;)
    FM's don't discuss things logically, they just throw a load of spanners into the works and then try and unravel the situation.
    It's logical that with what C5 has said that they want BB and 2 CBB's to cover the year.
    Any discussion that doesn't include C5 is pretty pointless isn't it?
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Good morning you lot.

:D
    Morning EddyBee.:)
    Morning SR :D

Sun is out and looking promising this morning, hope it stays around..
    Morning Flora.:)
    Same here, fingers crossed, more difficult with legs because of Arthritis.:D
    Morning Halla.:)
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hicky wrote: »

Am i seeing right?

It's Logic dear Watson.

They know less than us.

FM's don't discuss things logically, they just throw a load of spanners into the works and then try and unravel the situation.

It's logical that with what C5 has said that they want BB and 2 CBB's to cover the year.

Morning EddyBee.:)

Morning Flora.:)
    Same here, fingers crossed, more difficult with legs because of Arthritis.:D

Morning Halla.:)
    Morning Hicky.

Yeah right.

No they haven't mentioned anything about the regular BB actually........they have however mentioned having more CBB's. :rolleyes:
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member

They know less than us.

Any discussion with you including channel five or not is pointless when all you do is talk bollocks.
    Logic indeed! I've heard it all now:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    .....scatters :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: liberally about the place, seems to be a bit of a demand for them at the moment....:p
  • LittsisLittsis Posts: 11,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Since brevity is the soul of wit and tediousness its limbs and outward shadows, I shall be brief":
    "How ill white hairs become a fool and jester".

I am not impressed by a 99 year old woman carrying the torch. I am becoming less and less interested in the eventage surrounding the Olympics. The only thing that might still interest me is the sport.

Good morning all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Littsis wrote: »
    "Since brevity is the soul of wit and tediousness its limbs and outward shadows, I shall be brief":

I am not impressed by a 99 year old woman carrying the torch. I am becoming less and less interested in the eventage surrounding the Olympics. The only thing that might still interest me is the sport.

Good morning all.
    Morning Littsis:)
    Huge waste of money in my opinion, quite glad to be nowhere near the whole circus...:)

It's hot and I'm bored....this is never a good thing:D
    Forum Member
    Morning Hicky.

Yeah right.

No they haven't mentioned anything about the regular BB actually........they have however mentioned having more CBB's. :rolleyes:
    They don't need to mention the normal BB, they only mention what they want to change which is an additional CBB, can't see what the problem is.
    Any discussion with you including channel five or not is pointless when all you do is talk bollocks.
    Logic indeed! I've heard it all now:rolleyes:
    They will be having the normal BB with 2 CBB's to better utilise the expense of hiring the studio and all that goes with it, it's logical to me, to think they may drop BB isn't even logical as the they wouldn't be able to hire the studio unless they used it.
    It's not rocket science.

Good morning all.
    Morning Littsis.:)

What on earth is that about?

To be honest i can't even see the point in the torch, just get an LED one and save fuel.:D
  • Bella BoffinBella Boffin Posts: 6,561
    Forum Member
    I came on here to say hello and catch up with news. You know it;s all dreadfully confusing for the occasional reader and trying to krul is worthy of a PhD.

Has anyone else been gripped by University Challenge? I normally watch it a bit but this year it was the most fascinating thing on television. Happily the team I liked best won (Manchester) although the final was the worst round until they all trooped to Clarence House to get the prize from Camilla who had dressed for the Antarctic even though it was indoors but had forgotten to wear a bra. Fortunately she had managed to shake off that thin girl with the cheap looking frox who has taken to following her around.

The big brother house is not used for anything other than CBB and BB. Staff are engaged on a temp basis for the run of the show....Hicky seems to think it is held in a studio that is kept running all year and full time staff are employed.

I have been enraged by the conservative government and particularly its view that people should be paid less up north. I am advised by Those Who Know Better that it is a good idea (they live safely in the south and consider Hampstead to be up north) but cannot follow their arguments. :mad:
    Forum Member
    Huge waste of money in my opinion, quite glad to be nowhere near the whole circus...:)

Mr B is furious about.....

The Queen and all that

The Olympics (he has a special hatred of Seb Coe)

The old lady carrying the (pretend) torch

Royalty, sport and the elderly combine most of his prime hates so he should be in for a good year.
  • LittsisLittsis Posts: 11,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It did cross my mind this morning whether I should offer my guest room as B&B for visitors, after all am only 40 minutes form London, and rochester is a pleasant place for tourists.

I understand, body temperature and boredom can lead to dangerous thoughts, although the heat luckily sometimes constrains putting those thoughts into action.:D:D
    Forum Member
    ....plus Mr B has just heard that he is to get a letter from the Chancellor tomorrow. He believes he is the only person who will receive one and is preparing his reply now. He, Mr B not Osborne, has taken to writing letters to newspapers...most I can intercept but some slip through and get published. :eek:
    Forum Member
    It did cross my mind this morning whether I should offer my guest room as B&B for visitors, after all am only 40 minutes form London, and rochester is a pleasant place for tourists.

I understand, body temperature and boredom can lead to dangerous thoughts, although the heat luckily sometimes constrains putting those thoughts into action.:D:D

NO!!!!! Have you seen people who watch sports????
    Forum Member
    I came on here to say hello and catch up with news. You know it;s all dreadfully confusing for the occasional reader and trying to krul is worthy of a PhD.

Has anyone else been gripped by University Challenge? I normally watch it a bit but this year it was the most fascinating thing on television. Happily the team I liked best won (Manchester) although the final was the worst round until they all trooped to Clarence House to get the prize from Camilla who had dressed for the Antarctic even though it was indoors but had forgotten to wear a bra. Fortunately she had managed to shake off that thin girl with the cheap looking frox who has taken to following her around.

The big brother house is not used for anything other than CBB and BB. Staff are engaged on a temp basis for the run of the show....Hicky seems to think it is held in a studio that is kept running all year and full time staff are employed.

I have been enraged by the conservative government and particularly its view that people should be paid less up north. I am advised by Those Who Know Better that it is a good idea (they live safely in the south and consider Hampstead to be up north) but cannot follow their arguments. :mad:
    Morning Bella.:)

That's my point, they don't want the BB house doing nothing, they want to utilise it better, thats why they want 2 CBB's and a BB, that will make more use of it than at present.

It is all held in a studio, the house is there all year, it need maintenance, it all has to be protected, it's an expensive hobby, so they want to make it worth while.
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,639
    Forum Member

Morning Bella - yes, I've been watching UC and I think Arte has - someone else too but can't recall at moment. I'm constantly impressed at the breadth of knowledge in such young people - even allowing for PhDs and MAs, they're still young in terms of life experience.

Camilla looked shrunken and bent to me, and horribly saggy around the bra/no bra area. We thought she'd had to drag herself from the sofa, G&T and DVD to do the presentation.

I am enraged currently with all politicians, they all promise much and deliver nowt. The outoftouchness is now so prevalent with all parties that I wonder if they're parachuted into the UK in the morning and removed again each evening, to a land of make believe with no media access.
    Forum Member

Good morning all.

Morning All:)

It's a pity we have all this moaning and criticism of the nuts and bolts, the organisation of the games, because it's overshadowing the basic point - the athletes and their performances. I guess it's always the same for the host nation, as we see it all unfurling.

I shall be interested in the sporting aspect of the carnival - it'll be a change to be able to watch during normal daylight hours instead of waking early or going to bed late (or in my case, later)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Told ya I was bored:-
    nicked from elsewhere on DS :D

What is your ninja name?
    Just substitute the letters of your name (real or DS) for the ones in the list below.

A - ka
    B - zu
    C - mi
    D - te
    E - ku
    F - lu
    G - ji
    H - ri
    I - ki
    J - zu
    K - me
    L - ta
    M - rin
    N - to
    O - mo
    P - no
    Q - ke
    R - shi
    S - ari
    T - chi
    U - do
    V - ru
    W - mei
    X - na
    Y - fu
    Z - zi

hugs and kisses from Tomomeika-rikatataka...hai:D
    Forum Member

Am i seeing right?

It's Logic dear Watson.

)

Well OK 50,000 is a slight exageration but we do have hundreds. I'm going to be ruthless though - we have glasses from my ex MIL, OH's parents and my parents because it seemed a crime to throw away good glasses. We've also bought some ourselves and received them as gifts. I plan to Freecycle about half of them today:cool:

I doubt the 99 year old will be taking the flame anywhere much, just long enough for some good PR footage and then she'll have a sit down and a cup of tea.
    Forum Member
    NO!!!!! Have you seen people who watch sports????

Excuse me BB - I'm 'people who watch sports' and I take huge exception at the inference:p;)
    Forum Member

What is your ninja name?
    Just substitute the letters of your name (real or DS) for the ones in the list below.

A - ka
    B - zu
    C - mi
    D - te
    E - ku
    F - lu
    G - ji
    H - ri
    I - ki
    J - zu
    K - me
    L - ta
    M - rin
    N - to
    O - mo
    P - no
    Q - ke
    R - shi
    S - ari
    T - chi
    U - do
    V - ru
    W - mei
    X - na
    Y - fu
    Z - zi

hugs and kisses from Tomomeika-rikatataka...hai:D
    And it's Hello from katakato aka rikimimeru..:D
    Well OK 50,000 is a slight exageration but we do have hundreds. I'm going to be ruthless though - we have glasses from my ex MIL, OH's parents and my parents because it seemed a crime to throw away good glasses. We've also bought some ourselves and received them as gifts. I plan to Freecycle about half of them today:cool:

I doubt the 99 year old will be taking the flame anywhere much, just long enough for some good PR footage and then she'll have a sit down and a cup of tea.
    Most people collect glasses, they always think one day they might need them, i'm sure we have boxes of them somewhere, got 2 cupboards full in the kitchen, what a waste of space.:D
    Forum Member

What is your ninja name?

A - ka
    B - zu
    C - mi
    D - te
    E - ku
    F - lu
    G - ji
    H - ri
    I - ki
    J - zu
    K - me
    L - ta