BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 41)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    Morning Bella - yes, I've been watching UC and I think Arte has - someone else too but can't recall at moment. I'm constantly impressed at the breadth of knowledge in such young people - even allowing for PhDs and MAs, they're still young in terms of life experience.

Camilla looked shrunken and bent to me, and horribly saggy around the bra/no bra area. We thought she'd had to drag herself from the sofa, G&T and DVD to do the presentation.

I am enraged currently with all politicians, they all promise much and deliver nowt. The outoftouchness is now so prevalent with all parties that I wonder if they're parachuted into the UK in the morning and removed again each evening, to a land of make believe with no media access.

Twas me :)
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 242,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello from Zukashika Midochiku !

Glad i didnt have an "rd" in my name.....
  • LittsisLittsis Posts: 11,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nowahalla wrote: »
    Told ya I was bored:-
    nicked from elsewhere on DS :D

What is your ninja name?
    Just substitute the letters of your name (real or DS) for the ones in the list below.

A - ka
    B - zu
    C - mi
    D - te
    E - ku
    F - lu
    G - ji
    H - ri
    I - ki
    J - zu
    K - me
    L - ta
    M - rin
    N - to
    O - mo
    P - no
    Q - ke
    R - shi
    S - ari
    T - chi
    U - do
    V - ru
    W - mei
    X - na
    Y - fu
    Z - zi

hugs and kisses from Tomomeika-rikatataka...hai:D

I thought you said you were bored? More like certifiably indolent, imo.:D

For my part, I am ecstatically happy. I am working in the shop, queen of all I survey for the day. But more than that, I have identified a whole new area at home which starting tomorrow I can begin to clear out. I have all my family documents from about 1939 onwards filed in ring binders. I shall be keeping those as social and family records. But in addition, I have my own records, which I can go through and destroy according solely to my whim and fancy. For example the three inches of correspondence and records relating to Elf and their bailiffs attempt to extort $2,700 from me that I did not owe them. (The shop's laptop does not have a pound sign)
    I asked OH if it were OK for me to do this, and he said yes. And after that I widened the policy to deciding that I can say no to anyone as often as I wish over the next 2 or 3 years and I will still be in credit in terms of what I have done for them in the past. Of course, good deeds and helpfulness are not provided in the expectation of being paid back, but eventually if one is not a Christian one can choose one's own path.
    Now where was i. Stewart has just come in the shop. I am listing books for him on Amazon, feeding and watering him when he drops in, lending him my sofa when necessary, offering to type him a CV as an alternative to the one he has as a jeweller so that it suits other jobs he applies for. (I thought this was something DWP provided facilities for? Or was that only for disabled people like Jayne and Pauline? Though it seems to me that St needs more help than they in that respect.) Coincidental timing him popping in. Prior to last week when I was going to be doing 3 days in the shop, I had asked if he could be sure to pop in to keep me company or to release me to go to the toilet. Yes. Yes he said. Did he come? No. Today, did he have an excuse? No. Did he say sorry? No, he just laughed.
  • ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    Good Afternoon all from sunny Greece.:)

Oh the joy of being able to walk around town in my FitFlops - no socks **spits ** or boots, no jacket....bliss.....:)

Yes, we love UC and I was pleased that Manchester won as they were our second favourite team. The team that lost last week captained by Karran, the wild-haired medical student was our favourite as they all seemed to genuinely get on well together and they were not afraid to guess, if they didn't know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning Bella - yes, I've been watching UC and I think Arte has - someone else too but can't recall at moment.
    I
    I expect that was Balders you were thinking of.:cry:
    Well OK 50,000 is a slight exageration but we do have hundreds. I'm going to be ruthless though - we have glasses from my ex MIL, OH's parents and my parents because it seemed a crime to throw away good glasses. We've also bought some ourselves and received them as gifts. I plan to Freecycle about half of them today:cool:

I doubt the 99 year old will be taking the flame anywhere much, just long enough for some good PR footage and then she'll have a sit down and a cup of tea.
    I have had a massive clear out of glasses. As a result, children who visit are given their drinks in cut glass ware. But I have had to keep boxes of wine glasses in store to cater for OH's private views.
    Excuse me BB - I'm 'people who watch sports' and I take huge exception at the inference:p;)
    And me too. For # 70 a night I can put up with people for a short while, possibly.
  • ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    Off for a sit outside with Sudoku and crossword....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artemesia wrote: »

Oh the joy of being able to walk around town in my FitFlops - no socks **spits ** or boots, no jacket....bliss.....:)

Yes, we love UC and I was pleased that Manchester won as they were our second favourite team. The team that lost last week captained by Karran, the wild-haired medical student was our favourite as they all seemed to genuinely get on well together and they were not afraid to guess, if they didn't know.

I was surprised how well Kent was represented on both teams.

I was also surprised just how big Pugh was in real life.

And I loved the D of C saying that it held her interest and was a family programme, firstly with parents then with children. It is the only TV programme that the three of us watch together with equal pleasure. (And no, I am not advocating watching UC or eating together as a social activity for all , so no need to jump on the defensive). It is interesting to OH and me that Rhys is now entering the scoring stakes, mainly on the geographic, maths and science Qs `

I shall leave you all in peace now, time for a cuppa soup.
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    NO!!!!! Have you seen people who watch sports????

hello :)
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Littsis wrote: »
    I thought you said you were bored? More like certifiably indolent, imo.:D

For my part, I am ecstatically happy. I am working in the shop, queen of all I survey for the day. But more than that, I have identified a whole new area at home which starting tomorrow I can begin to clear out. I have all my family documents from about 1939 onwards filed in ring binders. I shall be keeping those as social and family records. But in addition, I have my own records, which I can go through and destroy according solely to my whim and fancy. For example the three inches of correspondence and records relating to Elf and their bailiffs attempt to extort $2,700 from me that I did not owe them. (The shop's laptop does not have a pound sign)
    I asked OH if it were OK for me to do this, and he said yes. And after that I widened the policy to deciding that I can say no to anyone as often as I wish over the next 2 or 3 years and I will still be in credit in terms of what I have done for them in the past. Of course, good deeds and helpfulness are not provided in the expectation of being paid back, but eventually if one is not a Christian one can choose one's own path.
    Now where was i. Stewart has just come in the shop. I am listing books for him on Amazon, feeding and watering him when he drops in, lending him my sofa when necessary, offering to type him a CV as an alternative to the one he has as a jeweller so that it suits other jobs he applies for. (I thought this was something DWP provided facilities for? Or was that only for disabled people like Jayne and Pauline? Though it seems to me that St needs more help than they in that respect.) Coincidental timing him popping in. Prior to last week when I was going to be doing 3 days in the shop, I had asked if he could be sure to pop in to keep me company or to release me to go to the toilet. Yes. Yes he said. Did he come? No. Today, did he have an excuse? No. Did he say sorry? No, he just laughed.
    Don't you press the Alt with the dollar($) key to get a £ sign, just a thought, or maybe with another of the top keys.
    I would think it was there somewhere.
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Shurrup. :(
    Forum Member
    Off for a sit outside with Sudoku and crossword....

hiya arte :) Is he Greek ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

What is your ninja name?
    Just substitute the letters of your name (real or DS) for the ones in the list below.

A - ka
    B - zu
    C - mi
    D - te
    E - ku
    F - lu
    G - ji
    H - ri
    I - ki
    J - zu
    K - me
    L - ta
    M - rin
    N - to
    O - mo
    P - no
    Q - ke
    R - shi
    S - ari
    T - chi
    U - do
    V - ru
    W - mei
    X - na
    Y - fu
    Z - zi

Jikurinmo has a nice ring to it. :)
    Forum Member
    Gemo52 wrote: »

Hiya gemo :), they put what I gave my mum to shame :o...can you not do " scratch n sniff " ? ( sorry ..just let me blther ..ive come for banter cos its better than tears :) )
    Forum Member

What is your ninja name?

A - ka
    B - zu
    C - mi
    D - te
    E - ku
    F - lu
    G - ji
    H - ri
    I - ki
    J - zu
    K - me
    L - ta
    M - rin
    N - to
    O - mo
    P - no
    Q - ke
    R - shi
    S - ari
    T - chi
    U - do
    V - ru
    W - mei
    X - na
    Y - fu
    Z - zi

hiya from acker :)
  • nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's me Zukatatekushiari :D
    Hai:D
    Barracute wrote: »
    Hello from Zukashika Midochiku !

Glad i didnt have an "rd" in my name.....
    ...sniggers childishly..

Oh the joy of being able to walk around town in my FitFlops - no socks **spits ** or boots, no jacket....bliss.....

yiasou missus:D
    beautiful flowers and beautifully photographed:)
    acker wrote: »
    Hiya gemo :), they put what I gave my mum to shame :o...can you not do " scratch n sniff " ? ( sorry ..just let me blther ..ive come for banter cos its better than tears :) )
    hiya acker...mwah...blows big soppy kiss...:D

it's tooooo hot........:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

They’re not very strongly scented. Flowers that are get too much unwanted attention from the cats.

I rarely get flowers because I tell people not to get them for me so this bouquet from my son was a lovely surprise and they are really beautiful.

My daughter got me my favourite bath salts and a map of California so we can plan our June trip.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

...sniggers childishly..

Thank you nowahalla. :)
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lovely pics Gemo, as always. :D

Afternoon acker :D

Its the thought that counts.
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's me Zukatatekushiari :D

Easy for you to say :D
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Littsis wrote: »
    I was surprised how well Kent was represented on both teams.

I was also surprised just how big Pugh was in real life.

And I loved the D of C saying that it held her interest and was a family programme, firstly with parents then with children. It is the only TV programme that the three of us watch together with equal pleasure. (And no, I am not advocating watching UC or eating together as a social activity for all , so no need to jump on the defensive). It is interesting to OH and me that Rhys is now entering the scoring stakes, mainly on the geographic, maths and science Qs `

I shall leave you all in peace now, time for a cuppa soup.
    I am very very sorry you were upset about my observations about "round the table " memes. As i stated at the time, it was not directed at you.
    However, now i feel goaded into pointing out that an awful lot of pseudo- intellectuals boast about watching University challenge, Mastermind, and everything with David Wotsit in it. Indeed, they hardly have the television on at all.:p

Hi Acker. The photos are lovely aren't they? The close up of the pink rose reminds me of a picture for sale in a cafe i sometimes go to for lemon cake that i would like. I either don't have the money or else i'm going on somewhere and cant be carting a big print around.
    It's probably gone now.:(
    Forum Member

...sniggers childishly..

thanks halla :o...saw these forever ago, that long ago that Dexys Midnight Runners were supporting them and no one had heard of Dexys ( the band ) they were on for like quarter of an hour like a breathless whirlwind and then they were gone ...astonishing totally blew us away ....next thing they were in the charts and they were crap :( ....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8SIUtUAtrw&feature=related

eta that was Dexys on for quarter of an hour not the Specials
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    thanks halla :o...saw these forever ago, that long ago that Dexys Midnight Runners were supporting them and no one had heard of Dexys ( the band ) they were on for like quarter of an hour like a breathless whirlwind and then they were gone ...astonishing totally blew us away ....next thing they were in the charts and they were crap :( ....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8SIUtUAtrw&feature=related

eta that was Dexys on for quarter of an hour not the Specials

At Erics? :)
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    The flowers are lovely Gemo, you place must look like a Florists.
    hiya from acker :)
    You Ninja name is: kamimekushi
    Forum Member
    Lovely pics Gemo, as always. :D

Afternoon acker :D

Its the thought that counts.

Hiya Flora :)...I know . I thought id get her some flowers :)
This discussion has been closed.