BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 41)

Comments

• HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    What does health and safety have to do with the price of fish? :confused: You think "Eldorado" was cancelled cos someone was bitten by a jellyfish?
    You may think Health & Safety plays only a small part in the running of factories, sports and pleasure but you would be wrong, everything that is undertaken in this country now has to comply with it, and it's very vigorous and has stopped so many activities because they couldn't comply with it.

Unless you are involved with running activities with a group of people then you may not come across it.

When anything goes wrong thats the first question asked, can i see the risk assessment .
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 242,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    acker wrote: »
    hiya sr :)..I like honey have tried to have discussion with the mods before now about " inconsistent" moderating :(...I was having a bath earlier and bemoaning the way the heater doesnt warm up the bathroom like it used to when Indie the cat stuck his head through from behind the curtains ,,,hed come in through the wide open window ...sod all wrong with the heater at all ...something wrong with my brain :o:D

haha that is so funny :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    Heehee, funny........you never know what can happen in the changing room. HERE :D:D

lol, so simple, yet so effective - good job they all laughed at the end though :D
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »
    You may think Health & Safety plays only a small part in the running of factories, sports and pleasure but you would be wrong, everything that is undertaken in this country now has to comply with it, and it's very vigorous and has stopped so many activities because they couldn't comply with it.

Unless you are involved with running activities with a group of people then you may not come across it.

When anything goes wrong thats the first question asked, can i see the risk assessment .
    I come across it all the time thankyou.
    Health and safety is usually sorted out beforehand. They have officers to deal with it. Its not like they are whipping actors off the stage mid performance and issuing rubber gloves.
    Forum Member
    I come across it all the time thankyou.
    Health and safety is usually sorted out beforehand. They have officers to deal with it. Its not like they are whipping actors off the stage mid performance and issuing rubber gloves.
    You had me fooled.
    Forum Member
    You had me fooled.

Why are you deliberately rude and aggressive?
    Its annoying,mate.. Knock it off please. :)
    Forum Member
    Why are you deliberately rude and aggressive?
    Its annoying,mate.. Knock it off please. :)
    Doesn't sound rude or aggressive to me, just an observation.
    Forum Member
    Doesn't sound rude or aggressive to me, just an observation.

Observe at somebody else then.
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do they give people with really thick accents jobs answering telephones. :mad:

Why do they give people with speech impediments jobs as TV presenters?
    Forum Member
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    The company is probably forced to give all sorts a job, and some need to be not as perfect as us, thats why i'm in a minority.:D
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The company is probably forced to give all sorts a job, and some need to be not as perfect as us, thats why i'm in a minority.:D

Katy Hill talking about weally wough teeth in the Arm and Hammer ad. makes me hit the mute button.
  • storminmikestorminmike Posts: 46,847
    Forum Member
    Fawlty Towers is a British sitcom . Twelve episodes were made

Fawlty Towers knew when enough was just enough
    CBB works when it is not on because you know for a brif period in time it WILL be on...and therefore more alluring

Saturated BB will kill the golden goose
    IACGMOOH worked...until it became all the sameand if it were not for a sparkle of unpredictability would have died ages ago

CBB can have that and can also de the same way but you have to work at getting the right cast even harder and create "unique" oportunities for notable events to happen
    Forum Member
    Katy Hill talking about weally wough teeth in the Arm and Hammer ad. makes me hit the mute button.

Me too. Elfy has been appointed as Stacey Solomon's translator whenever she's on. I had no luck with Freddie parrot face davies either.
    Forum Member

CBB works when it is not on because you know for a brif period in time it WILL be on...and therefore more alluring

IACGMOOH worked...until it became all the sameand if it were not for a sparkle of unpredictability would have died ages ago

CBB can have that and can also de the same way but you have to work at getting the right cast even harder and create "unique" oportunities for notable events to happen

Exactly.:)
    "Who wants to be a millionaire" was popular until they put it on a loop.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed, too much of a good thing, is too much, you risk OD'ing on it and it no longer being so good :o
    Forum Member
    I believe it's done on purpose, it's things like that makes you remember it, the fact that you turn it off now is too late, you have it in your mind and will remember it, with a normal person doing the advert you probably wouldn't have.
    Thats how clever they are.
    Forum Member
    I believe it's done on purpose, it's things like that makes you remember it, the fact that you turn it off now is too late, you have it in your mind and will remember it, with a normal person doing the advert you probably wouldn't have.

Not quite. I had no idea what the advert was for. :)
    Forum Member
    Exactly.:)
    "Who wants to be a millionaire" was popular until they put it on a loop.
    Barracute wrote: »
    Agreed, too much of a good thing, is too much, you risk OD'ing on it and it no longer being so good :o

So many good programs have come and gone

The more notable ones because of the less is more

Black Adder for example "nearly" over did it and stopped just in the knick of time

Ant and Dec are on borrowed time me thinks too

I loved RAM RAY on MOM

Star Trek on serialisation has gone on too far
    Alien went one or two films too many...the original is still the best

Survivor still ranks as a good un even though it did only 2 series (i think)
    Forum Member

Simples.....good
    Go compare....bloody annoying
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,639
    Forum Member
    acker wrote: »
    This thread is more like bb than bb these days , its 24/7 and people can dip in and out when they please. Sometimes " theyre " up late, sometimes theyre all tucked up in bed early. Theres even the occasional fight night and everything :o . CH 5 could show bb every night for a year Celebrity or otherwise whilst theres no live feed and I simply wouldnt watch it .:( It has totally lost its place as " unique " , its just the same as loads of other shows now ...it just takes place in the Big Brother house ...outside of that I dont think its bb at all . Like you say CH5 bought it , its just a pity they cant show it .

WEll said Acker, BB is now just one of masses of 'reality' TV shows - most of which are dire.
    Artemesia wrote: »
    I adore quiz shows and never watch soaps but I don't think I qualify as a pseudo-intellectual because I watch BB, SoccerAM and all sorts of nonsense....:D:o:p
    Someone on here once called me a snob because my radios are all tuned to radio4, which I thought was hilarious. The truth is, I don't like deliberately listening to music. If I am out and there is music playing, I don't stamp my foot, I just enjoy or endure it, whichever is appropriate.I managed pubs, clubs and restaurants for 40 years all replete with background music, DJs etc, it is a relief to listen to the spoken word.

I agree - I like my own choice of music, but since I started to work more from home it's the spoken word that I miss the most. My default setting is Radio 4 and I change or turn off to suit.
    What does health and safety have to do with the price of fish? :confused: You think "Eldorado" was cancelled cos someone was bitten by a jellyfish?

Ha ha - would've been a better plotline than some of the ones they had. I quite liked Eldorado, in a Crossroads kind of way:cool:
    Forum Member
    ,,,or as Johhny Ball would say...lets do the MAFFS

20 shows at 1 million...or
    1 show at 20 million

same....but not

Live Aid....one off
    Karaoke at the pub.....every night...tumbleweed
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,639
    Forum Member
    Why do they give people with really thick accents jobs answering telephones. :mad:

I too should like to know the answer to these questions - I can't think of any offenders off hand, but I'll mull it over while I'm in the bath:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Simples.....good
    Go compare....bloody annoying
    Maybe they get a special rate for x amount of similar adverts, if they didn't work though think they would stop.

I always thought if you had to advertise you were desperate for sales.

But it seems they all allow a certain amount to advertise, so maybe whether they work or not they may never know.
    Not quite. I had no idea what the advert was for. :)
    I really try not to watch adverts, i can't stand them.
    Forum Member
    Maybe they get a special rate for x amount of similar adverts, if they didn't work though think they would stop.

I always thought if you had to advertise you were desperate for sales.

But it seems they all allow a certain amount to advertise, so maybe whether they work or not they may never know.

I really try not to watch adverts, i can't stand them.

Sort of....I think certain areas have 12 month rolling customers such as car insurance where it's not at the forefront of the individuals mind except when renewal is near. The applicabilty therefore to the one person is only relevant then at the time you're considering your options

Sofa ads at Christmas target the "nice home" for vanity reasons when visitors are around

Sofa ads at New Year target those who visted the relatives etc of the above and think their sofa is cr@p
This discussion has been closed.