My telly may be broken

I fear I know the answer to this, but I live in hope. Any advice would be appreciated.

I own a fairly big bulky Sanyo widescreen digital TV dating back to the days when they had only just started including Freeview within the television. Had it for years.

Came in tonight to find it until to find any channels but, more disconcertingly, that the date and time on the TV's EPG had gone back to 01 January 1980. Before I was even born, never mind the telly.

Tried switching it off, on again, taking out aerial etc etc and nothing's working. To use the Scottish term, is it gubbed? (ie broken) Or is there some hope?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like it needs a repair to me!
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds as if you might have accidently switched the TV into shop mode. Somewhere in the plug and play or first install options you should be able to turn this off.

Someone else on here will be able to provide more exact instructons.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,505
    Forum Member
    My guess is that it has switched to using its analogue tuner and of course there are no analogue channels for it to find.
  • JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you get any 80s telly programmes?
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Could this TV have some kind of internal battery thay may have failed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Contact Customer Support and see also here.
  • p_c_u_kp_c_u_k Posts: 8,806
    Forum Member
    Thank you all for your suggestions - going to work through them when I get through tonight. Particularly amused by Jumbobones's contribution - if only... :D