Options

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD on Ch4 (Use Spoiler Tags)

Comments

• Options
    varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whiteswan wrote: »
    Ok - latest episode left me completely confused.

The flashback at the end featuring Skys dad - can somebody pls explain it to me ?

Perhaps I wasn't paying enough attention - but I am really lost ?

Hawaii - Australia - emp - watches - hydra - arrrghh - somebody help a thicko.

Dave

Wrong thread? This is the UK one...
  • Options
    whiteswanwhiteswan Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorry tried to delete it but i cant !!

Says time has expired ?

Dave
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member

Says time has expired ?

Dave

I don't think your confusion spoiled much, to be fair. I'm none the wiser :D
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I wasn't keen on series one. But I've watched the episodes so far in this series and I think it has improved considerably. I'm tuning in now and enjoying it.
    I think it's improved a hell of a lot.
  • Options
    *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member

Says time has expired ?

Dave

As Thrombin said I don't think your post spoiled anything - if you want to get rid of it though you could click on report and ask the mods to do it.
  • Options
    FrostyJimFrostyJim Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving this season, the two new baddies; Whitehall and Skye's dad are cracking. Wonder what Skye's dad is? Also the team is getting kinda large now with another girl joining this episode. How long before some gets culled? Do we need the black doctor guy now that Simmons is back? Great season so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    Loving this season, the two new baddies; Whitehall and Skye's dad are cracking. Wonder what Skye's dad is? Also the team is getting kinda large now with another girl joining this episode. How long before some gets culled? Do we need the black doctor guy now that Simmons is back? Great season so far.
    Are you referring to Mack, the guy who had been helping Fitz? He's a mechanic type. I like the larger cast, they've worked well so far too make the relationships interesting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    varsas wrote: »
    Are you referring to Mack, the guy who had been helping Fitz? He's a mechanic type. I like the larger cast, they've worked well so far too make the relationships interesting.

Yeah, didn't know his name, thought he was another scientist. I missed the pilot so maybe they explained everything about him then. Trouble with bigger casts though is characters will start to get short shrift.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought Fitz thought Simmons was actually there with him all along because of the damage to his brain? Then when she actually turned up last night he asked her if it was really her. It didn't make sense.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Fitz thought Simmons was actually there with him all along because of the damage to his brain? Then when she actually turned up last night he asked her if it was really her. It didn't make sense.
    It's been established for a while now that Fitz knew that the Simmons he was seeing was his subconscious. It's even spelled out when "they're" talking about Mac's physique.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He only just lost the imaginary Simmons so naturally he would be worried that she could come back due to regression.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Excellent episode last night. Not a lot of action but it wasn't neccessary because it was very plot driven.
    Best episode of this series for me.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The larger cast is really working for me. Gives everyone a chance to bounce off different personalities and make them more likeable. Plus it's nice to have some fun casual personalities. Mac and Bobbi really stand out. Unfortunately I feel Trip has taken a slight back burner in terms of development. Ward is OK in small doses as he is hardly riveting as a character anyway.
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoying this season much more than last. They've got themselves some cracking new characters, though I still find Skye really boring. I prefer them being in a more stable location than tearing all over in that Bus.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The only problem I have with the Skye character is that fact that she seems to think she is different to the other agents. Well, in one way I guess she is as she was a hacker and didn't go through the Shield academy or training.

But why she thinks she is more entitled to info/access than others when she seemed quite humbled by being made a proper Shield agent.
  • Options
    Old Man 43Old Man 43 Posts: 6,214
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    The only problem I have with the Skye character is that fact that she seems to think she is different to the other agents. Well, in one way I guess she is as she was a hacker and didn't go through the Shield academy or training.

But why she thinks she is more entitled to info/access than others when she seemed quite humbled by being made a proper Shield agent.

I think there is plenty here to explain her attitude

http://agentsofshield.wikia.com/wiki/Skye
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Hackers tend to be pretty anti-establishment anyway, so Skye doesn't necessarily respect the rules and protocols of the agency all the time. Plus she has a special relationship with Coulson. She is the only one in the team that he actually picked and they share one common thing, both were injected with the GH serum.

I think the father-daughter relationship also explains why she tends to act like a brat when she's with him. He was very open with her back in S1 and it's only the start of this season that he's been unusually distant. She's been challenging him mostly on the strange writing. After all, he did assign her to look into it. So she naturally feels she has the right to full disclosure concerning her assignment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hackers tend to be pretty anti-establishment anyway, so Skye doesn't necessarily respect the rules and protocols of the agency all the time. Plus she has a special relationship with Coulson. She is the only one in the team that he actually picked and they share one common thing, both were injected with the GH serum.

I think the father-daughter relationship also explains why she tends to act like a brat when she's with him. He was very open with her back in S1 and it's only the start of this season that he's been unusually distant. She's been challenging him mostly on the strange writing. After all, he did assign her to look into it. So she naturally feels she has the right to full disclosure concerning her assignment.

And let's face it, if she just became just another uber professional S.H.I.E.L.D agent who doesn't moan, whine or question she'd become instantly dull. Her questioning sets her apart from the crowd, even if people don't like it, it makes her different, we don't need another May or Tripp as we already have them.
  • Options
    PaperSkinPaperSkin Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another really good episode. The new characters have slipped into the show very well which is kind of funny when last season people were having problems with the characters. They've introduced the new ones with better efficiency and the existing characters have settled and become stronger which helps give good faith when new ones come in and start bouncing off them.
  • Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Someone hasn't been paying attention! :D Fitz has been hallucinating Simmons, but he knew that he was hallucinating. Then when he saw real Simmons, he wondered whether it was really her or if he was hallucinating again.
    degsyhufc wrote: »

For me, this all comes down to Skye and Coulson having a father/daughter dynamic (as I perceive it). She feels emotionally close to Coulson. It's not like her boss shutting her out, it's more like her 'dad' shutting her out. I don't think she even thinks "I'm arguing with the director" or "I'm arguing with a SHIELD agent", but "I'm arguing with Coulson."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good episode again, really liked the bit's with Fitz and Simmons, good acting, really drew me in. Missed Whitehall and Skye's Dad though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the episode really emphasised how much the show has come along. The character interactions were all engaging with a breadth of emotion and humour that hits perfectly.
  • Options
    Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    Yeah, loved today's episode. The Fitz/Simmons development seemed kind of obvious to me in that Simmons was/is hindering his recovery. Ward escaping also seemed kind of obvious too.

But even with that, I liked the Lance and Bobbi development too. Is Mockingbird staying around do we think? I certainly hope so! In fact, both of them need to stay around imo (Lance and Bobbi).

I agree that Triplett seemed to have got the short end of the stick, but honestly I don't like him at all. He's not engaging or really that likeable. I hoping he doesn't make it to next season.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Another good episode for Agents Of SHIELD and interesting seeing Grant brother who Im sure has got some sort of plan!

Im glad they are keeping Grant Ward as a bad guy as I was worried that they may turn him back good again.I loved him escaping at the end!

Bobbi Morse seems to be fitting into the team but I'm disappointed to see that looks like Hunter might be leaving as I really like him as a character

Im just suprised that they have not introduced Marie Hill as a regular character in the show especially as Cobie Smoulders isn't doing How I Met Your Mother anymore although I guess she might be filming Avengers Age Of Ultron
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maria is working for Stark but perhaps that will change after Ultron and she will rejoin SHIELD?