Options

The Flash - US Pace - Spoilers tagged

SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
Forum Member
✭✭✭
With the release of the full-length Flash trailer I thought it was time to make a thread for it.

The new trailer looks absolutely amazing and I seriously can not wait for this show to air. Gustin looks completely comfortable in the role and he will definitely do the role justice.

Discuss!

Comments

• Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    With the release of the full-length Flash trailer I thought it was time to make a thread for it.

The new trailer looks absolutely amazing and I seriously can not wait for this show to air. Gustin looks completely comfortable in the role and he will definitely do the role justice.

Discuss!

Clyde Mardon was the brother of Mark Mardon aka Weather Wizard in the DC comics and he created the weather control technology used by Mark.

Originally the rogues were all techo-villains but if Mardon is any example it would seem they will be super-powered types like they are in the New 52
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a long trailer :)

Wasn't expecting the person who first used the word Flash to be in it.
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the look of the lead. I have to say I did try Arrow but I don't like the lead. This actor looks very much in the vein of the new Spiderman: less testosterone filled than some of the superheroes.

I like the chap in the wheelchair. The only point that bothered me were the sidekicks. They are all supposed to be scientists etc and look about 16! That is the CW for you. I do think this new show will succeed as the special effects look great.
  • Options
    Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh god, this show looks amazing. Hah, and everyone getting powers is happening the exact way I predicted it, which also means widespread DCU, not just Central City.

Problem; special effects. Every episode will be FX laden, meaning big budget. The moment viewing figures slightly drop it's at risk of cancellation due to budget/viewer ratio.I mean, they say fan following why BATB was chosen over TTP, but obviously budget factored in with TTP havibng loads of costly special FX each episode.
  • Options
    DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it looks absolutely brilliant. Coming from the Arrow stable, it should be.

So naturally I stand ready to be disappointed. My "WTF, why cast someone from Glee???" exclamation is loaded ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've read somewhere that the character John Wesley Shipp (the Flash from the 90s show) will be playing is Henry Allen, Barry's Dad
  • Options
    F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My first thought was "it's the bloke who played the preacher in "The Following" lol"
    Then it was "ooooh it's him. Is this his only time in it or will he be popping up now and again visa vera"
    Then it was "...cool"
  • Options
    hybridtheoryhybridtheory Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi

Do u recon well seen this on our screens on Sky One in the Autumn or will we have to wait until early next year?

Thanks

Baz
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's like Arrow, then it should be on screen the same week or week after (if they want to give themselves a week or two wiggle room for the many US breaks they don't want to have to take. This year was set about 3 weeks behind at points and is now in line I think but it moved from 3 weeks behind to 2 weeks behind to 3 and so on as the year progressed and USA took weeks off for this and that and sky didn't) anyway, that's all good if Sky 1 pick it up. Everyone thought ITV2 would pick up The Originals because they have TVD but it ended up on Syfy. With Agents of Shield and Arrow sky1 might feel it would be overload of that genre for midweek primetime.
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F1etch wrote: »
    If it's like Arrow, then it should be on screen the same week or week after (if they want to give themselves a week or two wiggle room for the many US breaks they don't want to have to take. This year was set about 3 weeks behind at points and is now in line I think but it moved from 3 weeks behind to 2 weeks behind to 3 and so on as the year progressed and USA took weeks off for this and that and sky didn't) anyway, that's all good if Sky 1 pick it up. Everyone thought ITV2 would pick up The Originals because they have TVD but it ended up on Syfy. With Agents of Shield and Arrow sky1 might feel it would be overload of that genre for midweek primetime.

SHIELD isn't on sky1 it's on channel 4? :confused:
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks good, but there's a lot of effects. Could end up being expensive.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    They probably just highlighted a lot from the whole series, or at least the first bunch of episodes. We can't have Barry whizzing around all of the time, and I can't see the special effects of Flash being much more costly than the explosions and stuff in Arrow.
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Superspeed effects look like the Smallville effects that Clark had for his superspeed, only with the golden lightning effect.

Must say that I think Grant fits the role to perfection. Super glad that Oliver Queen made an appearance in the trailer too. I would love to see a crossover episode of the two in the future.

Really excited to see how this show turns out. As a huge Flash fan, I hope it's good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slow it down enough and you can see Professor Zoom in his yellow and red outfit

Also the fact that Eddie Thawne is in a wheelchair maybe a nod to Hunter Zolomon the third Reverse-Flash
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Am looking forward to this.
    And having John Wesley Shipp as Barrys father is the only logical (and hopefully recuring) part he could play
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Looks very good, but I'm not sure I like the idea of all the freaks being in the same world as Arrow.
  • Options
    ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The original series was highly stylised with beautiful production design and art direction; I don't see any of that here, just a lot of CGI and bland leads.
    As soon as I saw Arrow turn up, my heart sank.
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    ironjade wrote: »
    The original series was highly stylised with beautiful production design and art direction; I don't see any of that here, just a lot of CGI and bland leads.
    As soon as I saw Arrow turn up, my heart sank.

why, most of us squealed!
  • Options
    ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TWS wrote: »
    why, most of us squealed!

Because I thought Arrow was dreadful.
    The 90s Flash series was excellent and shame on UK tv for never showing it, apart from Sky.
    It played it straight, dialled down the camp villains and dumped Iris West very early on.
    Apart from Amanda Pays, it's difficult to find much to complain about.
    Of things to remake I wouldn't have picked The Flash. I'd rather have a remake of the last episode of Smallville for which the producers should have been taken out and shot.:)
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    ironjade wrote: »
    Because I thought Arrow was dreadful.
    The 90s Flash series was excellent and shame on UK tv for never showing it, apart from Sky.
    It played it straight, dialled down the camp villains and dumped Iris West very early on.
    Apart from Amanda Pays, it's difficult to find much to complain about.
    Of things to remake I wouldn't have picked The Flash. I'd rather have a remake of the last episode of Smallville for which the producers should have been taken out and shot.:)

I admit Arrow took a few episodes to get going but halfway through season 1 and season 2 has been brilliant. Stephen has confirmed on his facebook page he is in the Flash pilot, only seems fair as Barry Allen got a two parter in Arrow and must admit I adored his character when he appeared not so much his new science team Caitlin in particular
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    natalie77 wrote: »
    SHIELD isn't on sky1 it's on channel 4? :confused:

My bad, don't watch it and thought it was a sky1 program.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not sure how it works but it's possible that it costs more to do the effects first of all and then they can recycle them later on to lower the cost.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad there is such positive reaction to the trailer, it means there will be a fair few of us discussing it as it airs. :D
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    I did not enjoy it.
  • Options
    MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member
    Ok, quite surprised to see this pop up on the usual sources so early.

So having sat through the pilot episode of The Flash, I can honestly say that I am really looking forward to the rest of the series. Ok at times it felt a little cheesy but in a good way. It had a smattering of cgi, some obviously good looking people (well it is the CW) and a spot of bad acting from the Father.

It was a nice nod to the originating series with
    The Arrow popping up to supply some words of wisdom

At times for me it felt like a cross between Mutant X and Smallville but with
    the newspaper from the future
    at the end, there seemed to be enough to draw me back for the next episode. I just hope that it doesn't turn into the Freak of the Week type show.