Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 145)

Comments

• Ready Steady GoReady Steady Go Posts: 39,592
    Forum Member
    Lovely post, Jubes! I had no idea what to expect from this week, but my hopes weren't that high. But this has just been the loveliest surprise. Such fantastic scenes.
    kojan wrote: »
    Why are people talking about Emmett leaving? have I missed something? :confused:

He said in his DS Inside Sosp interview that this is the beginning of the end.
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Why are people talking about Emmett leaving? have I missed something? :confused:

Hey kojan, it's just that he gave another interview at the Inside Soap awards where he talked about it being the beginning of the end for Brendan, his final furlong. He's said it a few times now. It made everyone philosophical.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45,402
    Forum Member
    Johnny-come-lately. :p

I'm so glad you love him now though. He's incredible. :o

Ere I fancied him before. But then he was awful in Later. And now I like him again. :cool:

I really liked this line the most, though, "Think of it like a birthday! You know it's coming, you just don't know what you're gonna get!" *evil laugh*

I'm telling you, his laugh should be a ringtone. I'd use it.
    Forum Member
    tezzabobs wrote: »
    Lovely. :o :cool:

I really fancy him now he's a total nutcase.

I should worry what that says about me but I don't care.

ETA: You know last night when Walker talked about how he wanted to show Brendan how easily who could get to him, and get to his loved ones, I thought he was gonna text Ste to come to the flat from Brendan's phone.

And then all he did was frigging insult his shirt.

It's nice and firm :o

You remind me of my friend who only fancies tv characters when they start to become villainous and mad, and blow up houses. Worrying, tez :D

Ah, but that's the important first step. Insult the clothes of the person who your enemy loves the most. He read it in the villian handbook ;)
    Forum Member
    Ere I fancied him before. But then he was awful in Later. And now I like him again. :cool:

I really liked this line the most, though, "Think of it like a birthday! You know it's coming, you just don't know what you're gonna get!" *evil laugh*

I thought you hated him! Oof, i cannot keep up with you. :D

Oh, that line! It was evil genius. I loved the thing about him being a dead man as well. I think something must be really a bit wrong in old Simon's head for him to ruin his whole life over his brother, but he's doing it beautifully, so who cares.
    Forum Member
    It's nice and firm :o

You remind me of my friend who only fancies tv characters when they start to become villainous and mad, and blow up houses. Worrying, tez :D

Ah, but that's the important first step. Insult the clothes of the person who your enemy loves the most. He read it in the villian handbook ;)

I loike dem. :cool:

WELL. He does evil so well. It's hard not to fall for his charms. ;)

I wonder if he forgot about the trademark flowers and mistook it for a trademark catchphrase instead, thus why he quickly chooses a flower for Cheryl's car. :cool:

ETA: The line about the birthday just reminded me of Forrest Gump, which his probably why I liked it so much, when Forrest said, my mama always said life was like a box of chocolate, you never know what you're gonna get. :D

And the dead line, I loved that, too. I like how he's got it cemented in his mind that Brendan killed his brother. No excuses, no other explanations, just Brendan killed his brother. So he has to pay for it.
    Forum Member
    Oh Walker, you villainous fail. :rolleyes::D

It makes me love him more ;)

I ADORED that. It's like he found his own joke hilarious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,753
    Forum Member
    Hey kojan, it's just that he gave another interview at the Inside Soap awards where he talked about it being the beginning of the end for Brendan, his final furlong. He's said it a few times now. It made everyone philosophical.
    He said in his DS Inside Sosp interview that this is the beginning of the end.

Oh Thanks :D Must have missed it, me.

So there's no fixed date or anything? I knew It's inevitable but I hope we have him till feb at least :(
  • ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is this villains handbook available? I need it for my night classes.
    Forum Member
    ally08 wrote: »

I'll give it to you later. Simon lent me a copy.

I've been saying tick tock ever since.
    I loike dem. :cool:

WELL. He does evil so well. It's hard not to fall for his charms. ;)

I wonder if he forgot about the trademark flowers and mistook it for a trademark catchphrase instead, thus why he quickly chooses a flower for Cheryl's car. :cool:

It's true, he really does. He makes Warren look even more rubbish in comparison (sorry all you Warren fans.) Even Silas actually. Silas was creepy, but he still had things to lose, namely his family. Like Walker said, he's dead already.

I think you've just discovered it ;)
    Forum Member

It's true, he really does. He makes Warren look even more rubbish in comparison (sorry all you Warren fans.) Even Silas actually. Silas was creepy, but he still had things to lose, namely his family. Like Walker said, he's dead already.

I think you've just discovered it ;)

I think cos Warren wasn't really a villain, he was just a big thug who did bad things, and Silas was a bit too pantomimey - despite being brilliant, whereas Walker is genuinely quite scary. :o

I really liked the line about good cop, bad cop, too. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very true about Walker having nothing to lose and that making him more dangerous.

I do wonder if Alice and the kids are going to be brought in to remind him that he might have weakness, people he loves, as well.

I do hope so.
    Forum Member
    Very true about Walker having nothing to lose and that making him more dangerous.

I do wonder if Alice and the kids are going to be brought in to remind him that he might have weakness, people he loves, as well.

I do hope so.

I don't think there's going to be any time to bring them in. I really think he's gone by the end of next week. :o
    Forum Member
    I think cos Warren wasn't really a villain, he was just a big thug who did bad things, and Silas was a bit too pantomimey - despite being brilliant, whereas Walker is genuinely quite scary. :o

I really liked the line about good cop, bad cop, too. :p

That's very true. Warren tried to be scary, but his methods of intimidation were so obvious. Walker's clever, and he knows exactly what will destroy Brendan.

Me too :D It's what we were all thinking really - how part if him was torn. I liked that a part of him did seem affected by Lynsey, however small.

So there's no fixed date or anything? I knew It's inevitable but I hope we have him till feb at least :(

No date yet, no. I think there's a good chance he could stay till Feb. He seems very fond of the show, and pleased about what they're doing with Brendan.
  • AnotherSarahAnotherSarah Posts: 41,903
    Forum Member
    Morning.

I hate long hair on men.

I love Simon's hair.

#StockholmSyndrome
    Forum Member

I do hope so.

I really don't think they exist. I think the writers abandoned it entirely, or it was another lie.

There's no way he has a wife and kids. Where have they been hiding all this time? They were never at the hospital offering support. I think all he had in the world was Cam.
  • JubesJubes Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought you hated him! Oof, i cannot keep up with you. :D

Oh, that line! It was evil genius. I loved the thing about him being a dead man as well. I think something must be really a bit wrong in old Simon's head for him to ruin his whole life over his brother, but he's doing it beautifully, so who cares.

Your right, something must be really wrong in Simon's head. It's been a long time coming but it's so good watching him just not caring about what he says to Brendan anymore. The undercover cop reveal really was what unlocked Walker I think, allowing him to show his pure hatred and his need for revenge. This unhinged Walker is so much better/sexier than the man he was before Brendan knew the truth.
    Forum Member
    Morning.

I hate long hair on men.

I love Simon's hair.

#StockholmSyndrome

I'm exactly the same. I'd usually want him to cut it all off, but he just works it.

I just want there to be a massive breeze, and for him to swish it all about :o

Not like in that pic Maya posted though :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally OT but I've been watching the Wright Stuff this morning, the guy who plays Lou Carpenter is a total hero, but I've been laughing my head off at can you have a relationship with someone you have nothing in common with.

There has just been a guy on who's wife is a veggie and he likes to eat road kill.

It tickled me.
    Forum Member

Nay. I think he's just preparing us ... :o

On the internet at villains.com

It recommends starting with black murder gloves (diamante studding optional), and a choice of rope or gun.

Yeah, I wonder what did happen to the whole wife and kids thing? They basically totally forgot about it didn't they. Oh dear. :D
    Forum Member
    Jubes wrote: »
    Your right, something must be really wrong in Simon's head. It's been a long time coming but it's so good watching him just not caring about what he says to Brendan anymore. The undercover cop reveal really was what unlocked Walker I think, allowing him to show his pure hatred and his need for revenge. This unhinged Walker is so much better/sexier than the man he was before Brendan knew the truth.

Yeah the "friend" Walker was crap, I thought. Just because I never bought Brendan would trust him as much as he seemed to, and it was just so confusing watching Brendan go from trusting to suspicious to trusting to suspicious.

Now he knows so he can pack it in. ;)

I need Walker to stop making Brendan cry, though. I hated it last night. :o
    Forum Member
    There has just been a guy on who's wife is a veggie and he likes to eat road kill.

We think Ste and Brendan have problems...

Aw, they'll always be my problem though.

*cries*
    Forum Member
    Jubes wrote: »

Oh I don't know. I found mysterious flirty Walker pretty damn hot as well, but I realise I was in a minority there. :D

But there is something very sexy about him letting it all hang out. So to speak. ;)
    Forum Member
    Aww.

You'll always be my problem.

So affectionate and they were so coupley and I can't cope. :cry:

Also, I came to the conclusion that when Brendan text Ste, the letter x was on the left hand side, and before he pressed send, he pressed another letter on the left hand side, so therefore the text message said "Help x"

:cool:
    Forum Member
    Oh I don't know. I found mysterious flirty Walker pretty damn hot as well, but I realise I was in a minority there. :D

But there is something very sexy about him letting it all hang out. So to speak. ;)

I found all versions of him sexy, C&S :o

If only it wasn't so to speak :(
This discussion has been closed.