Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 145)

Comments

• JEHJEH Posts: 2,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, we did! Should be coming up within the next month or two.

I loved that so much :D

And Stug totally would do that.

Thanks so I didn't imagine it then I wonder what it is all about :-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45,402
    Forum Member

Oh yeah, I loved that. Their Bert and Ernie act makes him cringe as much as it does us, doesn't it.

I imagine it makes Brendan more than just cringe, love of his life and that. ;)

But yes. :cool:

I LOL'd at the, "Maybe you should'a called ahead," comment too, when he rolled into the flat. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tezzabobs wrote: »
    Oh, god, do you know what I meant to say last night?

Did you see Ste, when Doug picked up his phone and said it was Brendan?

He just looked so wary of him, back to the eggshells, the "He's problehh just bored in 'osspitull, int he?" annoyed me, as well. Like Ste had to explain why Brendan would be ringing him to Doug.

God it annoyed me. :o

It annoyed me too.

BIB: Did you see the way he touches his ear before he says that? I thought it made it obvious Ste was uncomfortable, or lying to placate Doug.
  • Radio.GagaRadio.Gaga Posts: 14,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "The earth didn't move for me, Douglas."

:cool:

Ha, yes!

'Or for Stephen apparently. That's new.'
    Forum Member
    x-Maya-x wrote: »
    BIB: Did you see the way he touches his ear before he says that? I thought it made it obvious Ste was uncomfortable, or lying to placate Doug.

Yeah, I just rewatched now. And he just looks so awkward, having to answer to Doug. :o

And how he had to be all snappy to Brendan on the phone, when you know full well if Doug hadn't have been there, he would've been lovely. The sass and snap was all for Doug's benefit.

ETA: I'm sorry but just look at the way he's looking at Ste here.

Moron.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine it makes Brendan more than just cringe, love of his life and that. ;)

But yes. :cool:

I LOL'd at the, "Maybe you should'a called ahead," comment too, when he rolled into the flat. :D

BIB: I thought that was so brilliant. :D

I still can't get enough of that episode yesterday. So many good moments.
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    It annoyed me too.

I didn't see that, but I love that it seems clear that Ste feels really torn, stuck between his bond with Brendan and Doug's jealousy. And I love that when Brendan asked him, Ste didn't even hesitate, he just went. And then once he was there he didn't want to leave him alone. He's being lovely, and there's so much continuity with that hug that started it all. :o
  • ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to think that Brendan would be distraught about the very idea of Ste sleeping with another man but I've changed my mind.

Obviously he wouldn't be a fan but I think it would be the more personal intimate stuff that would bother him.

He treats sex like a pleasant form of exercise himself and I honestly do think that is how he sees it with other people.

Maybe that is why he got so upset at the idea of Ste being engaged.

He will be able to treat sounds of Stug sex as an annoyance that keeps him awake but the holding hands stuff will kill him.
    Forum Member
    Radio.Gaga wrote: »
    Ha, yes!

'Or for Stephen apparently. That's new.'

"He's usually louder than that." :cool:

Oh Brendan, don't let us down.
  • kaz80kaz80 Posts: 1,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah the "friend" Walker was crap, I thought. Just because I never bought Brendan would trust him as much as he seemed to, and it was just so confusing watching Brendan go from trusting to suspicious to trusting to suspicious.

Now he knows so he can pack it in. ;)

I need Walker to stop making Brendan cry, though. I hated it last night. :o

I know talk about pulling at your heart strings:cry:
    I wanted to go slap Walker when he was going on about how Lyndsey had died:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't see that, but I love that it seems clear that Ste feels really torn, stuck between his bond with Brendan and Doug's jealousy. And I love that when Brendan asked him, Ste didn't even hesitate, he just went. And then once he was there he didn't want to leave him alone. He's being lovely, and there's so much continuity with that hug that started it all. :o

Aw, yeah. I was thinking this morning about what Ste said when Cheryl was crying behind the door and he was trying to get her to go to Ireland for Brendan, and now that Cheryl's not around, Ste really stepped up to the plate to look after Brendan. :o
    Forum Member
    ally08 wrote: »
    I used to think that Brendan would be distraught about the very idea of Ste sleeping with another man but I've changed my mind.

Obviously he wouldn't be a fan but I think it would be the more personal intimate stuff that would bother him.

He treats sex like a pleasant form of exercise himself and I honestly do think that is how he sees it with other people.

He will be able to treat sounds of Stug sex as an annoyance that keeps him awake but the holding hands stuff will kill him.

Mm, I wouldn't say distraught either but I'd say annoyed. Because it's still an intimate thing especially since it's Ste, I mean he used to get really bitchy and twitchy when Noah and Ste used to kiss infront of him, and his face when Noah was on about being at it like rabbits, he looked like he could've ripped off limbs and used them as maracas. :D

But yeah, I'd say it's the more affectionate, personal stuff he has a bigger problem with. And I quite like that. :o
  • Ready Steady GoReady Steady Go Posts: 39,592
    Forum Member
    That's very true, ally. I think he'd hate it, but it's definitely the idea of Ste being in love, and Stug being coupley that would kill him.
    Forum Member
    ally08 wrote: »

Really like that idea. Funny, I thought the same. I always thought when Ste got with Noah, he'd want to rip Noah's head off for just touching him. Instead, he just despised him. It's definitely the closeness of the relationship stuff that upsets him. Maybe because he knows that's what he was never able to give him. :(
    Aw, yeah. I was thinking this morning about what Ste said when Cheryl was crying behind the door and he was trying to get her to go to Ireland for Brendan, and now that Cheryl's not around, Ste really stepped up to the plate to look after Brendan. :o

I liked what he said about "just do whatever makes you happy." And I found myself thinking, yeah, you need to start doing what makes you happy Ste, instead of bending to Doug's moods all the time. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member

I liked what he said about "just do whatever makes you happy." And I found myself thinking, yeah, you need to start doing what makes you happy Ste, instead of bending to Doug's moods all the time. :rolleyes:

Part of me wondered whether it was meant to be like, hinting, a little bit. Cos the bit about not being able to stop caring overnight was about him, so it makes sense if the entire sentence was. :o

But honestly, imagine waking up to this face.

I think that's funnier than the other one.
  • JEHJEH Posts: 2,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bit with doug at the end annoyed me aswell his thankyou for WHAT letting ste leave the flipping house to help someone that nearly died seriously doug bravo for you I half expect doug to handcuff ste to him next so he is always with him
  • ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh tezza you are a beast.

Imagine Ste and Doug in bed though, "did Brendan do this? I do it better though right? I am the best you have ever had homie, swear it"

Ste sighs and tries to keep his hard on going,
  • AnotherSarahAnotherSarah Posts: 41,906
    Forum Member

I loved it. It was like 'Sketch', naughty Stendan against priggish Doug.

One of the joys of the episode was how argumentative Brendan and Ste were with each other. There's nothing twee or cutesy about them, it's all so real. They get each other.

:(
    Forum Member
    I loved it. It was like 'Sketch', naughty Stendan against priggish Doug.

One of the joys of the episode was how argumentative Brendan and Ste were with each other. There's nothing twee or cutesy about them, it's all so real. They get each other.

:(

It was a nice time of argumentative, as well. Ste being all fussy, and concerned, and Brendan being all grumpy but appreciative that he was there regardless. :o

I just loved it.

My favourite bit was still, "What if I said please?!" "Nope." "No. Fine." :o
  • Radio.GagaRadio.Gaga Posts: 14,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HO's ratings have been on quite a high since Later was first on last week, over 600k watched E4 last night and it was close to 1 million on C4.

Just as R boys are beginning to interact more :o
    Forum Member
    @kieronrichardso quick question for you. You know when you and PJ kiss on screen, is it real or just a trick of the camera? It looks real!
    Okay.:confused:
    Forum Member
    Okay.:confused:

What an odd little question.

Though I suppose it's better than, "r u rly gey lol"
    Forum Member
    What an odd little question.

Though I suppose it's better than, "r u rly gey lol"
    Yeah. Would they ask ATD if it's a trick of the camera when he kisses Jessica, or Rob about Rachel?
    Forum Member
    Yeah. Would they ask ATD if it's a trick of the camera when he kisses Jessica, or Rob about Rachel?

Iss cos they're gays, Sarah. Gays can't kiss on tv.

Ewww.

;)
    Forum Member
    Iss cos they're gays, Sarah. Gays can't kiss on tv.

Ewww.

;)
    Well I should hope not. Think of the children.:(

It's more complicated with Stendan, because not only do they have to do camera trickery to make it look as if they're really kissing, but they also add CGI tongue.:cool:
This discussion has been closed.