EastEnders - 08/11/2012 - Syed's Decision!!

12346»

Comments

• Miss MelonMiss Melon Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    I was so convinced Kim never ordered a fridge haha! And I did not expect the mouse to get caught in the trap... I kinda thought someone would sit down and get their foot caught :p

Poor Billy getting all left out :( Must be so hard when Phil has so much money and he has hardly any. At least Lola was considerate enough to reject Phil's offer of money!

So nice to see Kat and Alfie happy again... Kirkwood, this is what we wanted/expected when you brought them back! Fingers crossed LN can patch them up eventually, even if it's a bit rocky for a while after the reveal!
  • lloydsimcolloydsimco Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    What an absolute pile of crap that was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a snoozefest that entire 30 minutes was; EastEnders, really must do better. Ever since late August, the show has returned to a lowly form.

Chyred-gate continues. I can't see where Masood was in the wrong tonight - he's right; Syed is age twenty-eight now and it's time for him to make his own decisions, starting with the welfare of his child. Syed, over the past few months hasn't really even been a parent to Yasmin - too caught up in his own deceptions to care; and even comparing parenthood to being in prison! Syed, as Mas says will only mature if he is forced to take responsibility of his life and not have decisions essentially made for him by his parents - that's the feature of a child. Syed is a man; it is about time he started acting like it. And while the Masoods are Yasmin's family, they are not where the buck stops in terms of Yasmin's welfare. In the end parents decide what is best for their child.

I believe Yasmin should live with Amira. Amira, has impressed me this time round; she seems a much more grounded, calmer individual at a stable place in her life with stability and security to offer Yasmin, and I'm sure (as Amira, I believe does promise) Yasmin will still have contact with her father (and thus the Masoods) and Christian. That seems rather fair, from where I'm looking. Syed, by contrast is the twenty-eight year old child; a man still in an omini-present identity crisis waiting to grow up. It’s better that Yasmin gets the stability her mother can offer her, at quite a young age (so the change isn't too traumatic) rather than have to deal with her father's ever present dramas.

What alarmed me though, was how almost Syed was using his own child as a mere instrument to get back Christian. Not once has this pitiful excuse of a man had the guts to be honest with Christian about his own feelings, and desires. He has used his own daughter to guilt trip Christian, and its good Christian didn't fall for it. It's even more imperative Syed spends some time 'alone' so he gets his priorities straight. Kim's nonsense was the worst of the night. I don't give a fig about whatever idiocy she has entwined herself into this time; but the joke has been dead for a long time now, and EastEnders bringing it back from the dead and embalming it won't work.

Kim is just a fool; and that's all that needs to be said. Kim even narrows the confines of Denise's character; with Denise constantly plugged into disapproving sister mode. Denise is a character worthy of more than that. Cora's matriarch act is tiring. Giving birth in any way, shape or form does not validate someone's mothering skills; I have never heard such nonsense logic in my life. I'm not buying 'happy'' Kalfie, especially as it includes Kat avoiding being mother once again. If Kat is so dedicated to Alfie why doesn’t she just block the number of the Branning? The one decent scene tonight, was between Roxy and Michael.

Ugh. Not borthered to go on any longer. Many are probably relieved at this anyway!

Episode Score; 1/10

Stars; Roxy, MM
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Syed decision:yawn: Who cares if Christian not with you, at least put up a fight, He knows if he's with Christian, Christian will take care of the childcare while he bankrupts another business and plays the victim when all goes wrong.
    Forum Member
    If Kat is so dedicated to Alfie why doesn’t she just block the number of the Branning?

Do not take this as me being argumentative or anything, because I'm not, but I do just want to say that, at least on any phone I've had it's not actually that simple to block someone's number.

She could get a new sim, but then she's got so many contacts who live far away it would be hard to get the number to everyone.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alfie broke Kats old phone and gave her a new one (i think) so she obviously gave her new number to the shagger. I just hate the SL.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss Melon wrote: »
    Do not take this as me being argumentative or anything, because I'm not, but I do just want to say that, at least on any phone I've had it's not actually that simple to block someone's number.

She could get a new sim, but then she's got so many contacts who live far away it would be hard to get the number to everyone.

She could at least try to block it. If she couldn't then fine; but at least try - especially since Shagger is proving to be a pest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Alfie broke Kats old phone and gave her a new one (i think) so she obviously gave her new number to the shagger. I just hate the SL.

Forgot this. Very true, priscilla.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I was so convinced Kim never ordered a fridge haha! And I did not expect the mouse to get caught in the trap... I kinda thought someone would sit down and get their foot caught :p

Poor Billy getting all left out :( Must be so hard when Phil has so much money and he has hardly any. At least Lola was considerate enough to reject Phil's offer of money!

So nice to see Kat and Alfie happy again... Kirkwood, this is what we wanted/expected when you brought them back! Fingers crossed LN can patch them up eventually, even if it's a bit rocky for a while after the reveal!

I agree with you that it was good to see. Why they set out to ruin such a great couple I'll never understand. Knowing what's coming just spoils any enjoyment I'd normally get from their scenes. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member

According to the Daily Mail, it doesn't look that happiness is going to last
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a snoozefest that entire 30 minutes was; EastEnders, really must do better. Ever since late August, the show has returned to a lowly form.

Chyred-gate continues. I can't see where Masood was in the wrong tonight - he's right; Syed is age twenty-eight now and it's time for him to make his own decisions, starting with the welfare of his child. Syed, over the past few months hasn't really even been a parent to Yasmin - too caught up in his own deceptions to care; and even comparing parenthood to being in prison! Syed, as Mas says will only mature if he is forced to take responsibility of his life and not have decisions essentially made for him by his parents - that's the feature of a child. Syed is a man; it is about time he started acting like it. And while the Masoods are Yasmin's family, they are not where the buck stops in terms of Yasmin's welfare. In the end parents decide what is best for their child.

I believe Yasmin should live with Amira. Amira, has impressed me this time round; she seems a much more grounded, calmer individual at a stable place in her life with stability and security to offer Yasmin, and I'm sure (as Amira, I believe does promise) Yasmin will still have contact with her father (and thus the Masoods) and Christian. That seems rather fair, from where I'm looking. Syed, by contrast is the twenty-eight year old child; a man still in an omini-present identity crisis waiting to grow up. It’s better that Yasmin gets the stability her mother can offer her, at quite a young age (so the change isn't too traumatic) rather than have to deal with her father's ever present dramas.

What alarmed me though, was how almost Syed was using his own child as a mere instrument to get back Christian. Not once has this pitiful excuse of a man had the guts to be honest with Christian about his own feelings, and desires. He has used his own daughter to guilt trip Christian, and its good Christian didn't fall for it. It's even more imperative Syed spends some time 'alone' so he gets his priorities straight. Kim's nonsense was the worst of the night. I don't give a fig about whatever idiocy she has entwined herself into this time; but the joke has been dead for a long time now, and EastEnders bringing it back from the dead and embalming it won't work.

Kim is just a fool; and that's all that needs to be said. Kim even narrows the confines of Denise's character; with Denise constantly plugged into disapproving sister mode. Denise is a character worthy of more than that. Cora's matriarch act is tiring. Giving birth in any way, shape or form does not validate someone's mothering skills; I have never heard such nonsense logic in my life. I'm not buying 'happy'' Kalfie, especially as it includes Kat avoiding being mother once again. If Kat is so dedicated to Alfie why doesn’t she just block the number of the Branning? The one decent scene tonight, was between Roxy and Michael.

Ugh. Not borthered to go on any longer. Many are probably relieved at this anyway!

Episode Score; 1/10

Stars; Roxy, MM

Lol 1/10 - you're a tough critic, PP :D:D. I totally agree with your review though. Very much a snoozefest of an episode :yawn: :sleep:.

I'm also glad that you seem to dislike Kim as much as I do (she needs to get axed ASAP). This episode made me dislike her even more with her getting Ian's cafe into trouble with that food safety inspector or whoever he was (I wasn't paying much attention to all of that to be honest :o). Glad justice was served in the end though :).

Also, want Roxy to stay away from Michael - that Janine's man :mad: :cool:.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think EE are not being very subtle. The difference couldn't be more striking between Amira and Syed now. Amira is mature, calm and loving. She's no longer the bitter broken desperate woman who came back last year. The real Amira is back, just more mature, happier and actually became a better person than she ever was. Syed on the other hand has really hit rock bottom and he only has himself to blame. He's totally immature and a pathological liar.

That being said I don't understand why Amira insisted Syed talked to Christian. She knows Christian well enough to know that he wouldn't give a fig about her and would do everything he could to convince Syed to keep Yasmin in Walford.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Lol 1/10 - you're a tough critic, PP :D:D. I totally agree with your review though. Very much a snoozefest of an episode :yawn: :sleep:.

I'm also glad that you seem to dislike Kim as much as I do (she needs to get axed ASAP). This episode made me dislike her even more with her getting Ian's cafe into trouble with that food safety inspector or whoever he was (I wasn't paying much attention to all of that to be honest :o). Glad justice was served in the end though :).

Also, want Roxy to stay away from Michael - that Janine's man :mad: :cool:.

:D

On Kim - Oh yes, I depise her. I loved her at the beginning of her stint funnily enough - but as time's gone on - especially this year - she's become ultra-annoying to saturated levels. When Ray cheats on her (because I'm convinced he will) I'm intrigued to see if the writers will pull her character up from the try-hard comedy mode into some sort of serious reaction. I hope she's axed though. She can leave with Derek!
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »

You can put an old sim in a new phone ;)
    Forum Member
    sweetm1995 wrote: »

Yeah I saw that a few days ago :/ However I think it's pretty hard to judge anything from a few pictures, and I've incredibly cynical when it comes to anything that hasn't come directly from a source and is littered with "perhaps" :p

I may be in denial here because Kalfie were my favourite back in the day and I would love LN to get them back that way...

Hey, maybe it's true and they go separate ways for a while and then realise that no one compares to each other? :p
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why does AJ dress like a 13 year old!
    and act like one:rolleyes:
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    Yasmin's last episode! And she has said more words than Amy!
    I hope that she can recover from the trauma
    demfe wrote: »
    was this Kim story line written by a twelve year old?? and as for the actress....not exactly a nuanced performance......
    She's awful, awful, awful:mad:
    im with tamwar here. masood is just jealous of syed, the idiot.
    Tamwar doesn't have a clue:rolleyes:
    Tanequil wrote: »
    Billy has his scrounging face on.
    He's soon lost his stolen poppy:o
    What utter rubbish from Cora.
    The Sage of the Square:rolleyes:
    leeruk wrote: »
    kim is priceless
    worthless more like
    klendathu wrote: »
    This episode is a complete bag of CRUD !
    One of the very worst I have seen
    So they dont want their fridge then!
    I have no idea what she wants:eek:
    xTonix wrote: »
    Syed is a womble, why didn't he tell Christian about Yasmin, and tell him he loves him!

You want him to tell even more lies. :confused:

I have no doubt that the feckless Syed will continue to claim the child allowance:rolleyes:
  • Green KnickersGreen Knickers Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel so sorry for Lorraine Newman having this dire episode credited in her name despite the fact she has had nothing at all to do with this episode and no responsibility whatsoever for it.:sleep::rolleyes:
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan-Bevis wrote: »
    You were never much of a family, Syed, you lying, selfish ****.

To be fair, Syed was fine with Yasmin no 1 - cuddling her, playing with her and looking after her whilst Christian went out with Roxy or Afia - it's just since Yasmin no 2 has appeared ( at the same time as his market stall went under ) that he's convieniantly come across as a father who hasn't bonded with his daughter as well as Christian. This whole storyline is contrived, designed to give Chryed a 'will they or won't they' leave together ending.

Oh and Yasmin doesn't leave until Monday for those saying she's already gone.

The less said about the Kim stuff and the Kalfie stuff the better, this is the poor state of EE that Chryed got their exit storyline in.
  • FallingPianoFallingPiano Posts: 962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel so sorry for Lorraine Newman having this dire episode credited in her name despite the fact she has had nothing at all to do with this episode and no responsibility whatsoever for it.:sleep::rolleyes:

I don't know what the catty comment is for, Robert, when as far as I know no one has said that Lorraine has had nothing to do with the episode. She's inherited storylines from a previous regime is all and we still don't have a great idea of her vision yet.

Now, grow up please.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the episode. :o

Kim had me in stitches, as did the health inspector when trying to hide his notepad from Ian and then Denise. :D

I'm also liking having Amira back, even for a short while. She's likeable again! :)