Union J - Carry You

12346»

Comments

• andi84andi84 Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like pop music, but still cannot get into this song, It's alright and the vocals are good but just doesn't have that x factor (pardon the pun), as far as debut singles go its a bit weak and doesn't leave me anticipating the next,

My prediction is a sharp decline after a top 5 debut week.

Sorry :(

- tim

I don't expect it to be top 5 this week... It's only Tuesday and it's already down to #6 on itunes. We'll see how the midweeks look tomorrow, as they also have the sales of the EP (which is down to #19 on itunes by the way). I think they'll be #4 in the midweeks, as Daft Punk have two versions of "Get Lucky" on itunes (#4 and 16 as of now) and Union J were never really ahead of them. They could be in front of Passenger though...
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    andi84 wrote: »
    I don't expect it to be top 5 this week... It's only Tuesday and it's already down to #6 on itunes. We'll see how the midweeks look tomorrow, as they also have the sales of the EP (which is down to #19 on itunes by the way). I think they'll be #4 in the midweeks, as Daft Punk have two versions of "Get Lucky" on itunes (#4 and 16 as of now) and Union J were never really ahead of them. They could be in front of Passenger though...

Free falling?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    String9 wrote: »
    Free falling?

not free falling, that's a bit harsh! The EP was expected to drop once the proper single to released. Top 10 is in the bag, I'm just not so sure about top 5.
    This would put them in the same spot as the Loveable Rogues. They're not from the X Factor, but from Simon Cowells other talent show (BGT). Couldn't think of any other recent (boy)band from XF or BGT with a similar chart position for their first song :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even in week 2 it's not free falling on itunes (yet), seems to be pretty stable just outside the top 10, as it's been since Saturday. Only overtaken by some newly released songs...
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It really did chart extremely well considering its ranking on the airplay chart. Sales were also unusually high last week and I'm pretty sure on an average week, its sales would have been enough to make top 5. Let's hope the radio stations support the next single, whatever it might be, so that it at least features in the top 10 for airplay. :)