Scream: The TV Series

Comments

• WolfGirl2WolfGirl2 Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure about this, only watching because I loved the films but this seems to have taken a similar premise but then just churned out some generic, run of the mill teen slasher. The actings not great, they all look like models and the writings not much better. It definately lacks the charm and humour of the films. So far I couldn't care less about any of the characters and it's extremely cliched. The back story seems like something from a bad 80s horror I have a feeling it's not going to get any better but I will persist a little longer.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It premiered to 1 million ratings last night. It's hard to know whether that is good or not.

Teen wolf gets about 2 million an episode and that has been a big hit for MTV
    But Faking It and Finding Carter manage between 600k-800k and both have a third season ordered
  • ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't mind it for a first episode, I'll carry on watching it because I'm a huge Scream fan. I loved the whole 'slasher movies couldn't be a tv show' lol :D I do like the Randy of the show, although the Sydney of the show is pretty bland and boring.

Anyone going to guess a suspect, that was always my favourite thing to do with the films. They made a point of mentioning Brandon had an older brother so could it be the Sheriff? Maybe that was just a red herring though. Could it be the new guy or the teacher hmmmm?
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,427
    Forum Member
    It premiered to 1 million ratings last night. It's hard to know whether that is good or not.

Teen wolf gets about 2 million an episode and that has been a big hit for MTV
    But Faking It and Finding Carter manage between 600k-800k and both have a third season ordered

I would say the ratings are decent enough, just hope they don't fall too dramatically over the first season.

Teen Wolf doesn't hit +2m anymore, the newest season aired to 1.5 and the last episode didn't even get 1.2.
  • actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    When does it come to the UK?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    When does it come to the UK?

Nobody has it over here yet.
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody has it over here yet.

I don't think anyone will. I can't see it last more than 4 episodes. Besides the first 5 minutes, the rest was just rich American teens bitching about stuff.
    Terrible. 1 Million viewers aint good.

Oh and everytime a song got played in the episode, a black thing covered the bottom of the screen telling you the name of the song.
    Gets annoying after 6 or so songs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Hmm. I watched it and tried not to compare it to the original three films, but couldn't help myself and was slightly disappointed. It's just the pilot though so I'll invest my time watching it. I'm guessing the killer is someone you wouldn't guess at all much like the shock reveal of the fourth film. Somewhere in the series I'm hoping for a Sydney or Gale Weathers cameo but you can't ask for too much lol. I just don't think it should've been given to MTV, they've glamourised it too much which affects the horror aspect.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watch the second epsiode? i thought it was better.

Loved the reference to the first Scream

You look tired
    What?
    You sound tired

Because I want to know who I'm looking at
    I want to know who I'm talking to
  • gothergother Posts: 14,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone watch the second epsiode? i thought it was better.

Loved the reference to the first Scream

You look tired
    What?
    You sound tired

Because I want to know who I'm looking at
    I want to know who I'm talking to

Thanks to scary movie i'm waiting for the "whazzuuuup!"
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't seen either 'Red Roses' or 'Hello, Emma' yet. There's been a very mixed reaction and the ratings appear underwhelming.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyyleer wrote: »

Teen Wolf doesn't hit +2m anymore, the newest season aired to 1.5 and the last episode didn't even get 1.2.

Similar ratings to Catfish, another MTV’s most popular shows. That used to get 2.5 million+, but now averages around 1 million.
    If a show can average about a million I think MTV considers it acceptable, and usually enough for another season.
    rhynoGB wrote: »
    1 Million viewers aint good.

As I said above, I think MTV considers 1 million acceptable. But the difference between the likes of Teen Wolf/Catfish and Scream is that Teen Wolf/Catfish started out with much higher ratings before dropping to the acceptable 1 million, where as Scream has started out with 1 million so it can’t really afford to drop any further and could really do with increasing. Which isn’t impossible, but it’s probably unlikely.
    I should also point out that Catfish is a lot cheaper to produce than Teen Wolf and Scream so MTV may accept lower ratings.

Speaking of MTV, the revived Teen Mom (now named Teen Mom OG) has been a success for them yet again. It’s not getting the 4 or 5 million it has previously, but it did average 1.5 million+ (almost getting 2 million on some occasions). Again, it’s also cheap to produce too.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was resisting watching this, but it's actually okay. I'm enjoying the brash deaths . The mystery could be better developed, because i'm not really picking up on any clues about the present or past events.

I don't like how they keep settling into teen-soap (party time, hanging out) but its to be expected.

I think the Mum is the Killer.
  • wakeywakey Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't watched the second episode yet but the first had a lot of potential but had more misses than hits. Every so often it had sparks of the smart and self referential dialogue but most of the time it was stilted. And with the episode being about half the running time of a movie there was more time to fill and they filled that with teen drama. Would the teen drama be a problem, not if it was Friday Night Lights level but it's more One Tree Hill actually that's being kind make that more it's the level of that awful show with Kelly Osbourne which I think was called Life as we know it. Even then while the movies would slip into the bad parts of horror movies it would do so intentionally to skewer the genre and they could have done the same thing with the teen drama genre and TV in general but doesnt
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has been given a second season after only 2 episodes. Can't think why they would do that.
    By reading some of the comments here, some of you like it. I hated it after the first 5 minutes. Too much teen drama & not enough suspense. Each to their own I guess.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's actually an ok show. It makes fun of its self. Much like the movies did. It has all the typical clichés a teen horror has but you expect it if you have seen the films and it makes fun of the fact it does. But compared to Horror Story, Bates Motel and Hannibal, people will be quick to slate this because it's not full of unique writing and high standard acting. But then people shouldn't have television shows high on pedestals anyway. Not every show has to be in high quality in all areas. It's impossible.
  • hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the first two episodes actually.
  • spiderwebsspiderwebs Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    I'm enjoying it.
    I'm liking the subtle hints to scream like the girls in the toilet and the you look tired/sound tired dialogue.

The "randy" character is great.

And Brooke looks and reminds me of one tree hills Brooke!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So happy it's been renewed :D
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTV must be happy with its performance if it's been green lit for a second run. It's also interesting to hear from Comic Con that Bella Thorne will be returning to screens in a flashback sequence.
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,427
    Forum Member
    So happy it's been renewed :D

:D:D:D:D:D
  • kirbyreedkirbyreed Posts: 1,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's okay, i can see it getting better when it hits the middle. i'm glad it's only ten episodes long though, any longer and that would feel like they were just dragging it out. i really hope this doesn't turn out like pretty little liars where we are still waiting 6 seasons later to find the answer to the main mystery. with a show like this i'd like a start, beginning and end each series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kirbyreed wrote: »
    it's okay, i can see it getting better when it hits the middle. i'm glad it's only ten episodes long though, any longer and that would feel like they were just dragging it out. i really hope this doesn't turn out like pretty little liars where we are still waiting 6 seasons later to find the answer to the main mystery. with a show like this i'd like a start, beginning and end each series.

Well season 2 has been confirmed and with Bella Thorne confirmed to return in flashbacks, I reckon this will be like pretty little liars and likely drag on for seasons to come. Unless they do what Skins did and change the cast and storylines every few seasons.
  • newplanetnewplanet Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    I'm a huge fan of the movies but I am finding myself having to persevere with the TV show in the hope it gets better. If it'd been anything other than Scream I think I might not have lasted until the end of the first episode.

That said, the second episode was better than the first - with the long telephone conversation scene being the first I've seen which ramped up a bit of tension and felt even remotely Scream-like. Otherwise, I'm afraid to say the overall look is a bit cheap, the acting's poor at times, the pacing seems off, the ambient score is actually terrible, and the music sometimes drowns out the dialogue.

I'm not looking for award winning TV here, just something which resembles the look and feel of the movies, and so far it's not quite cutting the mustard. Hope it improves!
  • hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    It's a TV show, not a movie. That right there is your problem. I on the other hand look forward to episode 3.