DTC: "A sad story for Lee Carter"

124»

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    I agree-it's ironic that an expressionless actor is tackling a depression storyline.

lee: stares into the distance blankly

No-one notices...

I think i would be expressionless if i was given the crap material Danny Boy has been given for the last year or so

He hasn't been given anything to act from. His scenes consist of kissing whitney or occasionally engaging in conversations with his family. Hardly shakespeare.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its refreshing for Eastenders to give a story to a young male character like this. We all know how EE like to treat there male characters over the last few years so to see something like this for Lee will be good and I like the fact that for once it will be Whitney having a boyfriend that needs her help rather than the other way round. I'm sure Danny Boy will pull this off, he has hardly had any decent material in his time with the show so this is an excellent chance now to show what he can do.
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    I think its refreshing for Eastenders to give a story to a young male character like this. We all know how EE like to treat there male characters over the last few years so to see something like this for Lee will be good and I like the fact that for once it will be Whitney having a boyfriend that needs her help rather than the other way round. I'm sure Danny Boy will pull this off, he has hardly had any decent material in his time with the show so this is an excellent chance now to show what he can do.

Well said.
  • KatenutzsKatenutzs Posts: 2,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie is doing this storyline with Steve, got to say they are doing it well .... hope this is done as good
  • Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think i would be expressionless if i was given the crap material Danny Boy has been given for the last year or so

He hasn't been given anything to act from. His scenes consist of kissing whitney or occasionally engaging in conversations with his family. Hardly shakespeare.

Good points. Like I have said before, I like Whitney and Lee as a couple, but Danny Boy has not really had a challenging story to work with. Romance stories are not challenging. At least this depressing story will give the actor a challenge.:)
  • Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »

I agree.:) I am looking forward to seeing the story unfold.