How will deadlock work?

TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
Forum Member
I just read about the flash voting. Interesting idea (which I actually think will be very good), but someone being in the bottom two after just ten minutes of voting versus 24 hours of voting isn't going to work for deadlock. :confused:

Comments

• pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    I've heard a revote :confused:
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they have not yet revealed that
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    It will be manipulated by the show's producers to get whatever result they want of course
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    Perhaps they will let voting continue for the act voted to be bottom and then the bottom two on Sunday might not even include that act. Another effective 'seat swap' :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    They've already got the capability to do flash voting, so I can see them doing another 10 minute flash vote. Question is, what do they do with the 10 minutes? Probably Dermot time plus ad break.
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    s_bowes_uk wrote: »
    They've already got the capability to do flash voting, so I can see them doing another 10 minute flash vote. Question is, what do they do with the 10 minutes? Probably Dermot time plus ad break.

It's not ITV's style to allow a show to overrun though, so that really rules out a re-vote - unless we don't find out the results till the following week.
  • abcdabcd Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many threads are we going to get on this?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    AcerBen wrote: »
    It's not ITV's style to allow a show to overrun though, so that really rules out a re-vote - unless we don't find out the results till the following week.

Yeah I retract that suggestion. Realised it would be a fundamentally flawed way to handle things. For one thing, asking people to vote again after they have already done so that weekend would anger a lot of people, and I couldn't blame them for that.
  • Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That might be where the 5th judge comes in during the lives, flash vote via the app
  • all_nightall_night Posts: 7,597
    Forum Member
    How can a flash vote be accurate as such. After the phone-in scandal few years go in TV, there is usually a decent gap to allow to votes to be checked correctly.
  • J05hJ05h Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think deadlock will be impossible I see them having a fifth guest judge maybe Simon Cowell via video or another star.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Maybe they reveal who is CURRENTLY bottom two on Saturday but reveal it on Sunday and it might not even included the same?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Open the lines again and the act with the fewest votes is eliminated next Saturday at the start of the show.
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J05h wrote: »
    I think deadlock will be impossible I see them having a fifth guest judge maybe Simon Cowell via video or another star.

Haven't you seen the announcement on the show? I'm the fifth judge.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Satnavvy wrote: »
    It will be manipulated by the show's producers to get whatever result they want of course
    This, its all a con but people will still waste money voting:rolleyes:
  • essexboyashessexboyash Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was told that if it goes to deadlock then it's the person who was bottom on the Saturday that goes. I don't know how reliable this is so might not be the case but I'm guessing it's to stop the judges copping out by just taking the decision to deadlock
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was told that if it goes to deadlock then it's the person who was bottom on the Saturday that goes. I don't know how reliable this is so might not be the case but I'm guessing it's to stop the judges copping out by just taking the decision to deadlock

That's like blowing up a ship to fix a little leak, although I wouldn't put it past the producers to have this as the underlying reason.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    the one on our right goes, unless they changed it lol
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If that is the case there will be hell on & there'll be fix claims galore as all itll do is give producers more control over who goes if the bottom act via the flash vote is actt want gone theyll just send it to deadlock. So no it wont stop the judges just sending it to deadlock
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    I actually don't mind when it goes to deadlock. At least then it's better because it comes down to the voters choice instead of the judges picking their favourites.