Little Mix Discussion Thread - singles & upcoming debut album (Part 4)

Comments

• casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More Tweets from the Musical Director
    @mrrichardtaylor
    Yeeeaaaaa Love Drunk sounds Ssssiiiccckkkk with the band @LittleMixOffic

@mrrichardtaylor Ahh ok thanks for the follow btw, hope everything's going well in terms of your input on the LM tour :)

@mrrichardtaylor
    @LittleMixOnline all goodie😄 just finished 1st rehearsal day with the Musicians. It's sounding great . Really happy 🎶

@mrrichardtaylor Great, how hard is it creating the sounds for the songs, as I know some songs include special effects like Love Drunk

@mrrichardtaylor
    @LittleMixOnline good keyboards :)

@mrrichardtaylor
    Time to get this Damn Little mix Intro finished once and for all !!

Cant wait to hear Love Drunk.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/charts/music-videos/

This is still saying Wings at #8. Those of you who have iTunes, what does it say?

It's at 10.

Btw, R1 played CYL 9 hours ago and then 30 mins ago. So, twice today?
  • RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    That American boy band seem to have confirmed they have signed a deal with Columbia and Syco its all over twitter been confirmed by a few news sites too

Does anyone know if LM have done the same or have they just signed with Columbia where their American music is concerned?
  • PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure they are going to release Red Planet in the US. I mean they have too. This song has US MARKET written all over it.
  • davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    there is something in the newspaper today about the girls signing a America deal
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    PJ River wrote: »
    I am pretty sure they are going to release Red Planet in the US. I mean they have too. This song has US MARKET written all over it.

I can't even think about that happening. The whole campaign would be so flawless, THE MUSIC VIDEO, HOLY GOSH.
  • RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    davem1234 wrote: »
    there is something in the newspaper today about the girls signing a America deal

It's in most papers or news websites today, Even radio 1 DJ's have tweeted them congrats

What I'm surprised about it no-one from their team seems to be acknowledging it YET.

Adam retweeted a Digitalspy tweet but that's about all i have seen :rolleyes:

Syco have tweeted and confirmed EmblemThree
    More news on @EmblemThree 's recording deal with Syco & Columbia Records facebook.com/SYCOentertainm… - @TheXFactorUSA @Savan_Kotecha
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe a double single. Who knows?
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jade is such a babe. She even looks stunning blowing out her birthday candles lol http://t.co/QHK9hJvm

Little Mix in The Chart Update:

DNA (Album) #40 (Down 12) :eek: :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The song has Adult Contemporary written all over it...which is why I think their music ultimately has an edge over some of the other Syco acts.

Incidentally I heard something on KIIS FM LA that I've never heard before. Yesterday morning I heard a radio ad for K Pop Girls' Generation I've Got a Boy. Maybe the US is about to be invaded by foreign girl groups.
    Forum Member
    The song has Adult Contemporary written all over it...which is why I think their music ultimately has an edge over some of the other Syco acts.

Incidentally I heard something on KIIS FM LA that I've never heard before. Yesterday morning I heard a radio ad for K Pop Girls' Generation I've Got a Boy. Maybe the US is about to be invaded by foreign girl groups.

Haha maybe but have you heard it? I like it but I don't think it would be successful in the UK let alone the US.
    Forum Member
    Maybe a double single. Who knows?

DNA and Red Planet double single pls. RP could be the music video sequel to DNA.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha maybe but have you heard it? I like it but I don't think it would be successful in the UK let alone the US.

I liked the 3 songs in it. :D Its disjointed but I can now see why Little Mix might appeal to a segment of that market when in that video, the group transitioned to their "urban" look. BTW I have never seen a neuftet before. They could field a baseball team.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DNA and Red Planet double single pls. RP could be the music video sequel to DNA.

If a RP video was shot they must have T Boz in it.
  • PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If a RP video was shot they must have T Boz in it.

That's the whole point of it, really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Rayforever wrote: »

lol at the slow motion running at the beginning! :D

Is Jade's hair still blue? It looks pretty dark brown to me now. But ugh when will Perrie ever go back to blonde again? I really can't stand the purple she's having at the moment :(
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    The Saturdays are getting slots on a few US talkshows (Jay Leon/Chelsea Lately) and will be promoted on Vevo Lift (they'll get more ads, vevo interviews etc).

I hope they girls do too!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Has this been posted?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AzfoMmOso50
    Little Mix Interview - Group Coming to USA - Exclusive
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rayforever wrote: »
    That American boy band seem to have confirmed they have signed a deal with Columbia and Syco its all over twitter been confirmed by a few news sites too

Does anyone know if LM have done the same or have they just signed with Columbia where their American music is concerned?

It'll be Syco/Columbia. Syco made the album, Columbia might add to it I suppose but their main role is distributing and promoting the produced DNA record. Syco will probably have some involvement in that but more at oversight level, I think.

What's different with Emblem 3 is that they've been signed to Kanani Songs - a joint venture between Syco and Savan Kotecha. Last year nearly all the finalists that got deals signed to Epic and it was very much L.A Reid and his people that worked on their albums. Whereas with Emblem 3, they're with one of "Simon's guys".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the 3 songs in it. :D Its disjointed but I can now see why Little Mix might appeal to a segment of that market when in that video, the group transitioned to their "urban" look. BTW I have never seen a neuftet before. They could field a baseball team.

Yeah, I looked at that video and said that Little Mix dress very similar to them. Same sort of urban vibe. Even one girl has the jumper tied around the waiste thingy :D
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CYL being played on Radio 1 right now! :D

So amazing hearing on the radio :D

Greg James said at the intro "Epic Piano" :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C14E wrote: »
    What's different with Emblem 3 is that they've been signed to Kanani Songs - a joint venture between Syco and Savan Kotecha. Last year nearly all the finalists that got deals signed to Epic and it was very much L.A Reid and his people that worked on their albums. Whereas with Emblem 3, they're with one of "Simon's guys".

This was the guy that co-wrote 1D's hits? American version of 1D .. . . ..
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    Perez now reporting the deal http://perezhilton.com/2013-01-09-little-mix-signs-american-label-columbia-comig-united-states-first-single-wings#.UO2skHfDXSs

But the comments! :(
    They look so…….. atrocious. What is that style? Yuck!
    They look like cheap hooker Bratz dolls. There is nothing wholesome about them.
This discussion has been closed.