Options

Cancelling Sky

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
Forum Member
After 4 years and 4 price hikes, I've decided to switch to Freesat. I just wanted to ask a few questions regarding the programmes I currently have as the info I've found on the web has been a bit contradictory.

Regarding programmes already recorded on my sky box will I not be able to view them after the subscription ends? Some sites have said once it ends you can't, whereas I've also read that after cancellation you have 30 days within which time one can view all recorded programmes.

And if you can't watch any recordings after cancellation is it just for the subscriptions channel recordings or all of them including free to air?

Comments

• Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the 30 days you have read means the 30/31 days left of your subscription from the day you phone to cancel.

Bottom line, the day they turn your subscription off, you can no longer access your planner for any recording.
  • Options
    hurrikane313hurrikane313 Posts: 2,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After 4 years and 4 price hikes, I've decided to switch to Freesat. I just wanted to ask a few questions regarding the programmes I currently have as the info I've found on the web has been a bit contradictory.

Regarding programmes already recorded on my sky box will I not be able to view them after the subscription ends? Some sites have said once it ends you can't, whereas I've also read that after cancellation you have 30 days within which time one can view all recorded programmes.

And if you can't watch any recordings after cancellation is it just for the subscriptions channel recordings or all of them including free to air?

The 30 days refers to the notice period between cancellation request and switch off, inside that 30 days you still get full unrestricted access to all services. After switch off thats it all gone unless you pay the £10.50 or whatever it is to keep recording functionality. This does not matter if it is subscription or FTA/FTV channels, the record function is part of the sky subscription, no subscription no recordings.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    Thanks, so does that mean that after the complete switch off playback of previously recorded programmes would no longer work either?
  • Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks, so does that mean that after the complete switch off playback of previously recorded programmes would no longer work either?

correct.
    sky+ functions require an active subscription.
  • Options
    missbtsportmissbtsport Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    chenks wrote: »
    correct.
    sky+ functions require an active subscription.

Yes the only TV recording system you have to pay for "Sky Believe in better"
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes the only TV recording system you have to pay for "Sky Believe in better"

You do for VM as well!
  • Options
    missbtsportmissbtsport Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    You do for VM as well!

I don't have VM so I don't pay them anything. so all my recording facilities are free except Sky, I should have said "I have to pay for" in my post, thank you for pointing out my error.