Lisa Reilly

2»

Comments

• CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    I didn't see why she got the high marks she did on the Xmas special!

Her jive was awful - heavy, flat footed and barely a kick or flick to be seen - even if the judges did commend her for them (so much so I forced myself to re- watch it to see if I really had missed seen them - I hadn't as they weren't there!). She was marginally better than Russell, but she should have been below Chris Hollins - not above him.

I didn't mind her too much on her series, until her over marking forced out better dancers, but she has turned into a right pain in the bum because the producers of SCD and ITT seem determined to shove her down our throats at every opportunity, and Robin seems to be surgically attached to her as well. she can't present, can't dance that well, and is just OTT when she does appear.

I'd much rather see Alison Hammond do the stuff they have had Lisa doing - at least she can interview and present properly, but given a choice of them or anyone else - I'd take anyone else!
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has done very well considering she has no talent. Or am I missing something?
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan but they always overmark and are far too nice on the Christmas Specials. I was actually surprised she got 8s i thought she would have got 9s and 10s!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HALibutt wrote: »
    I didn't see any particular bias or favoritism, I just took it that it was the Xmas 'feel good' show, so all the contestants got praised to the hilt, all in the spirit of all round goodwill, wonderfulness and xmas cheer and all that.

Yep, exactly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ellie1967 wrote: »
    I don't actually find Alison nearly as annoying as Lisa because I think she has a bit more self-awareness. At least on ITT, Alison could look back at her dances and laugh at the fact she 'looked like she was hardly moving' whereas Lisa just goes on about being the 'people's champion', how she is 'renowned for her cha cha' etc. and seemed to think she was actually a good dancer :confused: Having said that, if Alison clings on to Strictly in the same way Lisa has she could easily become just as annoying.

I think Alison knew she wasn't great but just loved the experience whereas Lisa acts like she won! Alison is a better 'personality' than Lisa and a better presenter so she'd def be preferable if they wanted her on ITT to do some sketches etc.
    Surely next year it'll have been 3 years since Lisa was in it, and it'll be time for her to vanish from Strictly forever.
  • Ellie1967Ellie1967 Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Alison knew she wasn't great but just loved the experience whereas Lisa acts like she won! Alison is a better 'personality' than Lisa and a better presenter so she'd def be preferable if they wanted her on ITT to do some sketches etc.
    Surely next year it'll have been 3 years since Lisa was in it, and it'll be time for her to vanish from Strictly forever.

Agreed - let's hope so :)

(I also think Aljaz helped Alison be more likeable - he's lovely and a good choreographer whereas Robin's jazz hands personality just magnified all Lisa's most annoying personality traits - IMO)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Robin with his other partners and i never minded him on Strictly, but Lisa put me off him. I never actually minded them when they were on the show its just been overkill since.