Sky Broadband unlimited dropping connection daily

2»

Comments

• shaun_lenchshaun_lench Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    I had the same problem and was told to switch the channel as i noticed that i had neighbours using sky too, so as the router was set to auto they most probably were conflicting.

When you open up networks on pc/device and you don't see another sky signal there apart from your one then leave it set to auto for best performance.

If you see many sky signal's then you can try different channels keeping in mind that the other sky users may also be on different channels so let the sky adviser tell you what channel to put it on. In my case it was 13 and have seen improvements sice the dreaded 2 minute wait for web browser to open.
  • Presenter100Presenter100 Posts: 796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just unplug your sky box from the phone socket. It solved the problem for me. Sky Tech team told me it was a known issue.

Your box, now connected to the internet via WiFi or Ethernet no longer needs the phone line connected. It does cause issues with connection of ADSL for some reason.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    This has happened to me twice in the last few weeks. Can get on for about 5 mins then it loses the flaming connection >:( driving me mad
  • InterstellarSoulInterstellarSoul Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have had intermittent connection throughout last week and the constant self-help pages that treat you like an idiot.

I've now changed channels which so far, fingers crossed seems to have worked. (Although it could just be a coincidence. Time will tell.

• fayebeatlefayebeatle Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have drop offs of sky broadband and it's a pain because we've got Fibre and Sky Q so it affects more than just online. It drops for a few minutes multiple times in an evening. I sometimes wake early and have seen it drop off at 4 am. Frustrating!
  • stonostono Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    yep same here, been having connection drops regularly for the past week or so, its not the wifi channel conflict as even wired connections have been dropping out,its just the router is reconnecting, some days its better than others, but why was whether using Avast important ?
  • fayebeatlefayebeatle Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stono wrote: »
    yep same here, been having connection drops regularly for the past week or so, its not the wifi channel conflict as even wired connections have been dropping out,its just the router is reconnecting, some days its better than others, but why was whether using Avast important ?
    Don't have a clue 😐
    It only affects the mini box upstairs and iPad. If I reboot the iPad it connects back up again. No problems today so far !