So no Big Names this year then ?

Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I mean they used to have at least a couple of big names or famous people .

this year most of them have been in the wilderness for years or have just barely arrived or not arrived at all .

I'd say Gillian Taylforth is prob the biggest name in there !

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She also has the longest name in there.

Superstar. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They all have big names with the majority over 12 letters but yes you are right.. Gillian has more letters in her name.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She also has the longest name in there.

Superstar. :D

Snap :)
  • Seanieb1983Seanieb1983 Posts: 1,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rylan, Claire, Frankie are all pretty well known.

Okay, so they're not at the top of their game, but no celebrity riding the crest of their fame would need / want / consider big brother.
  • OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankie is the biggest celebrity there :) He's one of the all time greats of horse racing. He's actually famous for achievement, not famous for being on telly or celebrity magazines.
  • junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toadie would be the biggest known name in there surely everyone has seen Neighbours sometime in their life and he's been in it for 18 years.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ovalteenie wrote: »
    Frankie is the biggest celebrity there :) He's one of the all time greats of horse racing. He's actually famous for achievement, not famous for being on telly or celebrity magazines.

The thing he's most famous for at the moment is taking pharmaceuticals that he shouldn't have
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    The thing he's most famous for at the moment is taking pharmaceuticals that he shouldn't have
    He'll slot right into the house then :D
  • TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    Frankie is the biggest celebrity there :) He's one of the all time greats of horse racing. He's actually famous for achievement

The achievement of being a tiny man who abuses horses, what a hero.
  • Ryan11Ryan11 Posts: 4,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speidi are the biggest stars in there! I've never heard of 'toad' or whatever it is, or Frankie.
  • Sarah.1987Sarah.1987 Posts: 1,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryan11 wrote: »
    Speidi are the biggest stars in there! I've never heard of 'toad' or whatever it is, or Frankie.

Ah, thats why you had a go at me in the Speidi thread. I see. :D
  • CarlLewisCarlLewis Posts: 6,233
    Forum Member

He's famous.
    Whether you approve of him is beside the point.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    I think the line up is quite poor when compared to the Julian Clary line up, which had some pretty well known names and big characters.

This time, I'd say Frankie, Toadie from Neighbours, Claire and Gillian are probably the most widely known people. I'd never heard of the Americans, as I've never been remotely interested in shows like 'The Hills'...

I watched the last Celeb series in full [first time I've done that in years] but I suspect I will not be doing so with this one.
  • HandyAndiesHandyAndies Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    They're not even popular people!! Are they really celebs?
  • topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as far as i know the only "big name" whos ever done CBB was Michael Madsen and at the time a lot of people were complaining they didnt know him!

Last time we had Danica Rhian Jasmine 3 unknown models so this is an improvement

Lets give them a chance!
  • Ryan11Ryan11 Posts: 4,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    topcat3 wrote: »
    as far as i know the only "big name" whos ever done CBB was Michael Madsen and at the time a lot of people were complaining they didnt know him!

Last time we had Danica Rhian Jasmine 3 unknown models so this is an improvement

Lets give them a chance!

LaToya and Jermaine Jackson? Basshunter? Coolio? Jedward? Kerry Katona?
  • imarshimarsh Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    That's because going on programmes like this is an act of desperation for those whose limited talent has finally run out. Or in Frankie Dettori's case because he got caught playing with the wrong pharmaceuticals
  • CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I would agree with this. Objectively out of them all he is probably the biggest name there. however people will disagree depending on what they "know". I fail to see though how anyone who has at least briefly popped their head out of their rabbit hole for a few seconds could have failed to recognise him.
  • CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

None of them big names with maybe the exception of Jermaine Jackson.
  • emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would imagine Frankie Dettori would be the most widely known in the UK.
  • SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    I know of Gillian, Frankie and Toadie no idea who the rest are but it's early days...
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Brigitte Nielson
    Stallone's mother (Yeah Jackie)
    Dirk Benedict
    Martin Kemp
    Vinnie Jones
    Verne Troyer
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say a lot of the bigger well known celebs were put off by the way Julie Goodyear was treated in the last CBB.
    Yeah she was bitchy and two faced but the producers turned on her towards the end and let the rent a crowd outside the house chant her name and it was all very awkward to watch. She didn't murder anyone, but everyone hated her like she had.

I wonder who the next victim will be? Paula I'm sure will have a hard time as soon as the producers tire of her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The big name got himself arrested.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member

Really don't like the image that conjures up :eek::eek: