Options

Kate Bush to do live shows in London later this year!!!!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PoppySeed wrote: »
    Me too and I don't have pre sale:cry: It's such a small venue that the total of all 15 dates is still less than one big stadium concert. Not that I'd want her to do big stadiums!

I'm so pleased she's not doing stadium shows as I avoid them like the plague. Far too cold and impersonal for me, and I can't handle standing either so I miss out on a lot of concerts.

I really hope you get to go, Poppy. To imagine this time last week the idea of Kate ever performing live again seemed laughable to many of us!
  • Options
    PoppySeedPoppySeed Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, i hope so too, she has been such an influence on me, every female singer i ever heard I end up comparing to her and as much as I may like some of them they still come up wanting.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    This may be of interest - limited to 300 copies :)
    http://www.studio54.co.uk/index.php/blog/kate-bush/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just over 24 hours until the pre-sale. To say I'm in bits is an understatement, but I'm beyond grateful I have two chances at trying for tickets. I also hope the fact I'm willing to pay top dollar might go some way to help.

I listened to Hounds of Love last night (it's one of those albums I can play on a loop) and it's amazing to think Kate might be performing some of those songs live. The Ninth Wave is one of the most stunning pieces of music in existence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just over 24 hours until the pre-sale. To say I'm in bits is an understatement, but I'm beyond grateful I have two chances at trying for tickets. I also hope the fact I'm willing to pay top dollar might go some way to help.

I listened to Hounds of Love last night (it's one of those albums I can play on a loop) and it's amazing to think Kate might be performing some of those songs live. The Ninth Wave is one of the most stunning pieces of music in existence.

Sometimes Jane you sound uncannily like me:D Although it pains me I don't have a pre-sale, good luck to all of you here that do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PoppySeed wrote: »
    Sometimes Jane you sound uncannily like me:D Although it pains me I don't have a pre-sale, good luck to all of you here that do.

I wish I could help you with the pre-sale but best of luck on Friday. You never know, you might get somewhere. :)
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    24 hours to go. I hope we get our tickets!

Good luck for tomorrow (and Friday).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    24 hours to go. I hope we get our tickets!

Good luck for tomorrow (and Friday).

We need all the luck we can get, I think. :D

I am going to have a horrible sleepness night, that's how much I want to go. :o
  • Options
    lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    I'm absolutely petrified for the presale tomorrow. I'm 95% certain that the ticket wesbite will crash tomorrow and kaput - that will be it! :(

I do hope everyone gets a ticket. There should be a Kate Bush test or something and if you score full marks you can get a ticket :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lewiep93 wrote: »
    There should be a Kate Bush test or something and if you score full marks you can get a ticket :p

They should totally have done that! :D
  • Options
    axlgodaxlgod Posts: 658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cliffy91 wrote: »
    Never really been a fan of Kate Bush but its great to see all the excitment in this thread :) Good luck to everyone trying to get tickets when they go on sale

I completely agree.
    I would love to see Kate Bush, but I'm only a casual fan & in this particular case I won't be attempting to get tickets.
    I really really hope the hardcore/loyal fans get tickets.
    They deserve them.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has the pointless poster been banned? If so good, this is a nice feelgood thread and hopefully it will stay thay way.
  • Options
    lavender50lavender50 Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    good luck everyone for tomorrow or friday, heres hoping we all get tickets:)
  • Options
    jargonjargon Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Ninth Wave, hey. I notice that her ninth show is on 9/9! Hoping to get a ticket to that show tomorrow :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what is the strategy people are going to use to buy tickets. I guess you have to pick a date and one that's not too popular and then try and refresh like mad. Guess the opening, closing and weekend (inc Fridays) will be the busiest... And do you get to choose the price first? I'm just worried in case I choose the £49 everyone will and that will sell out and by the time I try the higher prices they'll have gone too.
    Which site should I try too?

How to people manage (thinking of previous residencies like Prince, MJ (before the unthinkable happened) and others)? Any tips appreciated.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One final GOOD LUCK, before tomorrow.

Here's hoping!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KATE-BUSH-tickets-fan-presale-code-/291108230230?pt=UK_Music_Music_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item43c7671456

Someone's paid £52 (+£6 postage) for a presale code - which doesn't by any means guarantee entry. Unless s/he's got more money than sense they could end up extremely gutted if they miss out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I slept this afternoon/evening just so I could be keeping a sharp eye on eventim in case tickets go on sale early (it's happened a few times with other concerts). Pray I get a ticket today because the thought of going through this again on Friday and with so many more people to compete with makes me want to cry!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just under an hour until the pre-sale - best of luck to everyone taking part! :)
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    D-Day. Let's hope the system works. Not even going to try for the 'hospitality' packages. :(

Good luck to the rest of us in the 'cheap' seats.... at anything up to £135.
  • Options
    WelshNigeWelshNige Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I just posted in the appreciation thread, the very best of luck to all those with codes applying for tickets this morning, I really hope you all, as genuine fans, get tickets.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D-Day. Let's hope the system works. Not even going to try for the 'hospitality' packages. :(

Good luck to the rest of us in the 'cheap' seats.... at anything up to £135.

I'm not bothered by the hospitality packages. Every event has the these days so I just expect it.

I think there will still be good seats for the rest of us as the hospitality packages are described on Eventim as being extremely limited, so it's fine by me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WelshNige wrote: »
    As I just posted in the appreciation thread, the very best of luck to all those with codes applying for tickets this morning, I really hope you all, as genuine fans, get tickets.:)

Bless you, Nige! We need all the luck we can get. :)
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    I think there will still be good seats for the rest of us as the hospitality packages are described on Eventim as being extremely limited, so it's fine by me.

Yes, I suppose you're right. My knee-jerk reaction was that corporate types would be snaffling up the best seats. But it's more likely just a way to squeeze a few more quids from those with money to burn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I suppose you're right. My knee-jerk reaction was that corporate types would be snaffling up the best seats. But it's more likely just a way to squeeze a few more quids from those with money to burn.

You always get fans who spend silly money on their "fave" so they're just cashing in on that. I can't blame them, really.