Is The Big Bang Theory C4's new 'Friends'?

Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm not comparing the shows or anything. I'm just talking about the amount of times it's on in a day, especially the weekend. If I'm hovering around C4 and E4 I'm usually never an hour or half an hour away from a double or triple BBT. I do like the show a lot but hope it doesn't become overkill. What do you think?

Comments

• Chris_WilsonChris_Wilson Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    I'm not comparing the shows or anything. I'm just talking about the amount of times it's on in a day, especially the weekend. If I'm hovering around C4 and E4 I'm usually never an hour or half an hour away from a double or triple BBT. I do like the show a lot but hope it doesn't become overkill. What do you think?

I have always thought the simpsons were the new friends but now it is not just them and the BBT it is also how I met your mother as well
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have always thought the simpsons were the new friends but now it is not just them and the BBT it is also how I met your mother as well

The Simpsons has always just been on in certain slots but now we're getting BBT at least 3 times a day on E4
  • BahtatBahtat Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's incredibly annoying having those whizzing atom stings every 2 minutes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    It's WAY better than Friends.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Come Dine with Me the new Friends ? That's on a lot and has 4 boring people sat around a table, with no jokes.
  • the forgemasterthe forgemaster Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Bahtat wrote: »
    It's incredibly annoying having those whizzing atom stings every 2 minutes.

Not half as annoying as the dicks flogging us a certain fruity chew...
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of Friends, how often does Comedy Central repeat them?! I've flipped onto the channel for a few minutes each of the last 5 or 6 weekends and I always seem to catch the episode "The One With Mac and C.H.E.E.S.E". They do seem to get their money's worth out of them.
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solarflare wrote: »
    Speaking of Friends, how often does Comedy Central repeat them?! I've flipped onto the channel for a few minutes each of the last 5 or 6 weekends and I always seem to catch the episode "The One With Mac and C.H.E.E.S.E". They do seem to get their money's worth out of them.

Seeing as they show 10 hours of that garbage a day it's fair to assume the turnaround of episodes will be quite high.

I mean, show something else on daytime please.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Radiogram wrote: »
    Seeing as they show 10 hours of that garbage a day it's fair to assume the turnaround of episodes will be quite high.

I mean, show something else on daytime please.

Why would they? Friends makes up 5 of their top 10 weekly shows, and a different 5 episodes appears in the Comedy Central +1 top 10 weekly shows.

Also, outbidding Channel 4 and a few other parties cannot have been cheap...
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would they? Friends makes up 5 of their top 10 weekly shows, and a different 5 episodes appears in the Comedy Central +1 top 10 weekly shows.

Also, outbidding Channel 4 and a few other parties cannot have been cheap...

I know that but 10 hours non stop is pretty much overkill. E4 were roundly derided on here for much less.

Mind you if it wasn't that they'd only be showing more of 2 and a Half Men instead I suppose.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Radiogram wrote: »
    I know that but 10 hours non stop is pretty much overkill. E4 were roundly derided on here for much less.

Mind you if it wasn't that they'd only be showing more of 2 and a Half Men instead I suppose.

It seems weird to me that they've vaguely inherited web streaming rights to a bunch of Comedy Central shows but can't be arsed to actually show them on television...
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since I made this thread E4 upped their game and are taking the piss a bit. It's kind of put me off TBBT.
  • seiko456seiko456 Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about How I met your mother?
  • WWE MankindWWE Mankind Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Is Come Dine with Me the new Friends ? That's on a lot and has 4 boring people sat around a table, with no jokes.

What about soaps in general? I will mention Emmerdale...

ITV 1 - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Thursday and Friday.
    ITV 2 - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Thursday and Friday.
    ITV 1 - Omnibus on the weekend
    ITV 2 - Omnibus weeked
    ITV Player - All weekly episodes and omnibuses are available for a month.
    (If I'm not mistaken Coronation Street shows the repeats in the evening on ITV 2 as well? Emmerdale to?)

Now that is loads on a weekly bases! One episodes repeated 14 times a week!

Who needs laughs around a table when you have the amazing Dave Lamb to comment :)
  • seiko456seiko456 Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neighbours used to get repeated alot more... Two aday on Five plus Five star, Omnibuses etc