Options

Weekend Broadband Installation

Which broadband service can I get installed at the weekend or the evenings after 6pm? :)

Comments

• Options
    ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which broadband service can I get installed at the weekend or the evenings after 6pm? :)

Nobody is going to come to your house at that time.

You could get ADSL or a cabinet only FTTC package and set it up yourself.
  • Options
    IcaraaIcaraa Posts: 6,068
    Forum Member

Why do you need someone to come to your house? All it usually involves is someone to go to the telephone exchange and do some work there. That's only if you're moving from a BT Wholesale based provider to an LLU one (such as Sky), or vice versa.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Icaraa wrote: »
    Why do you need someone to come to your house? All it usually involves is someone to go to the telephone exchange and do some work there. That's only if you're moving from a BT Wholesale based provider to an LLU one (such as Sky), or vice versa.

Or they need to connect the line to the DSLAM for fiber
  • Options
    mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Icaraa wrote: »

Unless you need a phone line to be installed to get the service, live in an FTTP area, want Virgin, or are going with an ISP that still requires a home visit for FTTC installs
  • Options
    richardcdonrichardcdon Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    openreach came to mine on a saturday
  • Options
    jagged_deathjagged_death Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    I need to have new broadband installed but cannot take a day off during the week for these engineer appointments. Any options out there. Every ISP I spoke too didn't have any useful help.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For most ISPs it's the same - Openreach performs the actual installation, and your chances of getting a weekend install are the same regardless of who you choose.

Virgin do weekend installs IIRC - I remember having one on Saturday. If you already have the cabling in your property you may even be able to do the install yourself.
  • Options
    jagged_deathjagged_death Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    moox wrote: »
    For most ISPs it's the same - Openreach performs the actual installation, and your chances of getting a weekend install are the same regardless of who you choose.

Virgin do weekend installs IIRC - I remember having one on Saturday. If you already have the cabling in your property you may even be able to do the install yourself.

All the providers said no weekends and I'm not in a virgin area.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the providers said no weekends and I'm not in a virgin area.

Then your only choice is to either take a day off or go to a 4G mobile broadband type service.

If your property already has phone wiring you may not even need an installer visit. They can do what they need to do from outside the property