Options

Madonna Already Working On Her Next Album!!!

Comments

• Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is no timeframe on when she needs to do the albums/tours so long as they are done before 2017 because it was a 10 year contract she signed. I think LN probably gave her a lot of prompting to do the MDNA Tour because she'd had 4 years off and they were probably getting a bit impatient hence the big rush
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was definitely a 10 year contract with Live Nation since 2007 which would mean 2017 will be when it needs renewing....

And that will be 5 years time, and didnt they say she had a three album contract with Interscope currently? So it all makes sense too.

But i think she is definitely in the right frame of mind thinking about concepts for album 13 right now perhaps and it will give Madonna and her team a lot of time to prepare on how to arrange the era next time.
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of MDNA's many problems was that it was directionless and the youthful/superficial nature of the music and lyrics opened her up to pisstaking about being too old

There's a really good parody of Girl Gone Wild on youtube by Charlie Hides:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUeMR1vqN-c

Imagine if Madge had really done something similar as a song or album, where she conceded that she's old but she's still going to chase younger men because she's Madonna and there's nothing Madonna can't do, so fck you all.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon it will be out late 2013 and she will promote it wildy before then touring in 2014. Then the next album will come in 2016 for a tour in 2017.

MDNA's problem was they rushed it out for the tour, there was no inbetween period. This is the first time she has ever released an album this way and it cost her. They will know not to repeat this formula again. Plus Madonna has never spent longer than a year recording an album and if she already has some material we can assume she has the direction and the sound of it already sorted. It will come sooner rather than later imho.
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon it will be out late 2013 and she will promote it wildy before then touring in 2014. Then the next album will come in 2016 for a tour in 2017.

MDNA's problem was they rushed it out for the tour, there was no inbetween period. This is the first time she has ever released an album this way and it cost her. They will know not to repeat this formula again. Plus Madonna has never spent longer than a year recording an album and if she already has some material we can assume she has the direction and the sound of it already sorted. It will come sooner rather than later imho.

That time frame seems pretty spot on. She likes to do other projects as well so i can see her taking long gaps here and there.Given the comments she made I do definately think we'll get a new album at some point in 2013
  • Options
    robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like a back to cheesey yet mature pop album
    But can't see it happening
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    One of MDNA's many problems was that it was directionless and the youthful/superficial nature of the music and lyrics opened her up to pisstaking about being too old

There's a really good parody of Girl Gone Wild on youtube by Charlie Hides:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUeMR1vqN-c

Imagine if Madge had really done something similar as a song or album, where she conceded that she's old but she's still going to chase younger men because she's Madonna and there's nothing Madonna can't do, so fck you all.

Oh i do love CHarlie he gets the fan wars spot on and the gags...always lookin out for when he does a new vid and damn when he studies em he gets em spot on :)

And i totally agree with many comments here...MDNA was a rushed recording out two months before the tour started for the first time ever not allowing for circulation of the singles nor videos worldwide nor any promo permitted for the album and era at all.

Whereas i reckon like many are speculating, with her mapping out ideas for the album right now...and the longest she has recorded an album (8 months) was for American Life. So even if it takes 8 months to record at most then we will be ensured to get it late 2013....but i want her to really focus and hit it spot on the direction she is going to ensure there is a massive album for the 10s decade.... and a massive album to stem out an era across two years like we are used to.

That means radio circulation, live performance circulation etc to ensure it....And maybe she can challenge Radio 1s system next year too with their ageist bias or agenda or whatever...RObbie seemed to have challenged it lats month...Bring on the Madonna reign and actual marketing and promo.

Visually make it delicious too :cool: i love a layered video with detail that adds to the music and era overall :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    I really do hope that Madonna takes her time to make her 13th Studio Album, as MDNA was just totally rushed and just used to promote the tour, normally it's the tour promoting the album. I'm hoping Madonna and her team have taken considerable notice to how MDNA's era has played out and that they don't make the same mistake again. Because in my opinion an album needs promotion, And that's one of many reasons why the Confessions era is my favorite, because the promo was massive!! She was just everywhere! it was a total Madonna takeover, Appearing on TV shows to talk about the album and perform one or two songs, award shows, teasers, promo tour and then after all of that was the world tour to promote it even more! It was brilliant and she really does need to promote her next album on the same scale as Confessions.

I'm just hoping that she doesn't try to appeal to a younger crowd on her next album, although her last massive hit was 4 Minutes off Hard Candy, I love it when it's just totally Madonna working with some fantastic underground producers like William Orbit and Stuart Price were.

What ever she does next though I can't wait and I really do hope that it's a chart topper to prove a point to the same boring ageists and critics that Madonna is and always will be the Queen of Music...
  • Options
    DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    COAD 2 please!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really do hope that Madonna takes her time to make her 13th Studio Album, as MDNA was just totally rushed and just used to promote the tour, normally it's the tour promoting the album. I'm hoping Madonna and her team have taken considerable notice to how MDNA's era has played out and that they don't make the same mistake again. Because in my opinion an album needs promotion, And that's one of many reasons why the Confessions era is my favorite, because the promo was massive!! She was just everywhere! it was a total Madonna takeover, Appearing on TV shows to talk about the album and perform one or two songs, award shows, teasers, promo tour and then after all of that was the world tour to promote it even more! It was brilliant and she really does need to promote her next album on the same scale as Confessions.

I'm just hoping that she doesn't try to appeal to a younger crowd on her next album, although her last massive hit was 4 Minutes off Hard Candy, I love it when it's just totally Madonna working with some fantastic underground producers like William Orbit and Stuart Price were.

What ever she does next though I can't wait and I really do hope that it's a chart topper to prove a point to the same boring ageists and critics that Madonna is and always will be the Queen of Music...

I totally see what you mean here....i mean since the Drowned World era (ROL/MUSIC) Madonna has had a promo scheme that ensured the lead and follow up single(s) had some form of promo and the album recieve the full benefit every time.

With Music in particular she did the Dont Tell Me Tour with press interviews, exclusive massively acclaimed performances in front of millions and (then) a record breaking first week stat for Music (over 4mill sold in 7 days WW.) and later with American Life of course Die Another Day had Bond endorsing it and a massive video/airplay...and then later American Life single had the video controversies/hysteria and a promo tour that featured exclusive televised performances/chat shows in front of millions....despite the criticisms/scandals/controversies/politics of the era backlashed against Madonna she had massive success with it.

And with Confessions era as you say...we had Hung Up everywhere, we had Confessions On A Dance Floor album everywhere...we had some fantastic promo shows...the EMAs, Televised shows, gigs, clubs, bars, exclusive chat shows etc....the main criticism of the era i feel is that later singles - get together, Jump didnt recieve as big airplay/promo they deserved AND Stateside all she did was months later a grammys performance and Ellen exclusive interview...and weeks before the tour started she headlined Coachella festival (which resulted in an album boost that should have sustained further...but alas COADF was massive 2005/6) I feel i agree...a promo strategy like the Confessions era only with some massive headlined performances Stateside as well.

With MDNA the main success was the Superbowl....we has 118 million viewers in America and it is the most watched television event...EVER! The result....people will remember it AND future releases will stem out of it plus any future promo performances for future albums...all she needs now is events like that in select areas (glastonbury headlining, Radio 1 Big Weekend/again?,I Heart Radio Festival, NRj France Radio Festival) and massive profile chat shows/performances like Wossy (again) Chatty Man, Norton (again) and future campaigns etc.

That is the way i feel too...massive focus on the album 13, on her visions, on the musical and physical appearence/sound/style of the album AND how to present it and sustain longevity with the material next up.

Also i feel lessons were learnt here, Madonna isnt JUSt a massive Tour artist she is forever looking at new goals and ways to shake things up.

The success is down to Madonna NOT whoever new artist/current artist she duets with to "make sure its a number 1" so album 13 - NO 1D, Redone, guetta, RIhanna, Calvin Harris, Bieber, Perry....i shudder at these thoughts....YES - New trends, New reinvention, solo vocals throughout (unless choirs, gospels, tribes, samples obviously) cutting edge producers/productions to collaborate with (Jamie XX, Paul Epworth, Patrick Leonard reunion,)

gooooowwwd that was long winded ut that is how i feel Madonna and Interscope and Oseary must know and stem out next...i hope Madonna knows this as she is penning ideas down because the reason why she has had such immensely successful/masterpiece/defining albums/singles/videos/performances before is because of MADONNA.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dynopia wrote: »
    COAD 2 please!

Oh my looking back that was long winded :o

And again ROL 2.0, LAP 2.0, COADF 2.0, AL 2.0.....i dont specifically want that nor should Madonna do that i mean she has kinda reinvoked COADF on MDNA and that didnt work as well and Orbit was on MDNA and that didnt recreate the magic and flair of ROL or Music....

But however a structure, a concept as strong as the likes of her most defining albums will be definitely the way forward next....no rush through, time taken but real genius at work stuff i hope :)
  • Options
    RickWhiteRickWhite Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm I like mdna it's the lest album with more than 10 songs. Deffo a direction she should continue
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RickWhite wrote: »
    Hmm I like mdna it's the lest album with more than 10 songs. Deffo a direction she should continue

How do you mean...like have future albums around the 10 songs mark?

I guess it depends on the themes, i mean her first three albums had 8/9 songs and Music had 10 (11 in UK) and the simplicity was key in their works...whereas LAP, Erotica, ROL are definitely longer albums but have key themes across it that makes them work too :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you mean...like have future albums around the 10 songs mark?

I guess it depends on the themes, i mean her first three albums had 8/9 songs and Music had 10 (11 in UK) and the simplicity was key in their works...whereas LAP, Erotica, ROL are definitely longer albums but have key themes across it that makes them work too :)
    Bloody iPhone predicting the wrong words... No I'm all for the longer album. She doesn't have to limit herself to two sides if a vinyl. 17 songs is good I feel
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody iPhone predicting the wrong words... No I'm all for the longer album. She doesn't have to limit herself to two sides if a vinyl. 17 songs is good I feel

Lol no worries, always more fun trying to decipher messages and codes ;) hehe!

Yeah you know i did have an idea n my head about Madonna making her first Double CD with two sides to it perhaps?
  • Options
    PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets have Confessions II please! :D I'm also hoping (and pretty sure anyway) that this album isn't out until 2014. For completely selfish reasons in that I can't possibly afford to see her live again next year. Lol.

I still can't believe all the hate MDNA gets though. It's such a fantastic album and it grows on me everyday. Maybe it's because I've seen it live, maybe not. But I think it's packed full of amazing work and I can't fault it for the life of me. It's such a diverse album too, each song sounds so different from the last that it's almost as if she took each song from different albums and shoved them together. But it works!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol no worries, always more fun trying to decipher messages and codes ;) hehe!

Yeah you know i did have an idea n my head about Madonna making her first Double CD with two sides to it perhaps?
    Yes exactly! I like when she does something a bit different and shocking
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Piipp wrote: »
    Lets have Confessions II please! :D I'm also hoping (and pretty sure anyway) that this album isn't out until 2014. For completely selfish reasons in that I can't possibly afford to see her live again next year. Lol.

I still can't believe all the hate MDNA gets though. It's such a fantastic album and it grows on me everyday. Maybe it's because I've seen it live, maybe not. But I think it's packed full of amazing work and I can't fault it for the life of me. It's such a diverse album too, each song sounds so different from the last that it's almost as if she took each song from different albums and shoved them together. But it works!

I think MDNA in some ways is a "Album 2.0" to so many fans..there is some ROL/Music era sounds, American Life sounds, definitely some TFA/LAV/TB sounds some eeper scope LAP sounds some Erotica/Bedtime Stories trippy/confessional stuff you know? it is layered like a patchowrk sheet...i feel though MDNA comes missfired for some fans because its not "of her best work" you know? But its a great album ahead of so many in Pop so in that aspect i cannot understand the strong criticisms....its mainly the singles choices that bring it down i feel.

But yeah MDNA is like how i think fans thought "Music was going to be" as it was promised to be a fun, high energy, dance album but it was the opposite it was reflective, deep, melancholic, against the grain...but MDNA is fun, high energy, uptempo, some layers of confessional material, innocent fun and yet MDNA is among her most criticised albums material wise for those reasons alone too.

But hey :D And yes i feel 2013 should be Madonna focused on the album across a year for 2014 and save the album/era across the 2014 period and tour late 2014/15 i think :) and 2013 will have DVDs/Blu Rays/Truth Or Dare/fashion side projects etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes exactly! I like when she does something a bit different and shocking

Totally, we need some shock in our lives to keep us ticking and when she delivers maaaaaaaaaaan does she deliver :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    im actually surprised by the amount of talk/support she has on this forum...i thought she was way past her sell buy date years ago...there are so many female performers who blow her away these days...this modern breed dont have to get their tits out to sell records either...thats the difference between a genuine talent and a chancer [no matter how sucsessfull shes been].
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rumandlime wrote: »
    im actually surprised by the amount of talk/support she has on this forum...i thought she was way past her sell buy date years ago...there are so many female performers who blow her away these days...this modern breed dont have to get their tits out to sell records either...thats the difference between a genuine talent and a chancer [no matter how sucsessfull shes been].

there is no female star or star today that touches Madonna today....and getting a tit out to sell records??? Madonna has nbever done that...she released a EX book as part of the Erotica era...it was an artform...and on the MDNA tour its a song about Human Nature.....it takes a status as an artist to make the world talk when all Madonna ahs done this year is perform in front of her fans and hasnt promoted at all besides Superbowl and a few viral online interviews :)
  • Options
    jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

WTF are you talking about?

Here's the current top selling female artist:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2238764/Topless-Rihanna-reclines-sofa-amid-reports-Chris-Brown.html
  • Options
    rebellionrebellion Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Eugh Rihanna! :mad:
  • Options
    CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HandsClean wrote: »
    Hopefully she releases an album which doesn't have a gimmicky lead single like her last three albums. She needs to stop trying to reach out to the kids, why would they give a damn about a granny.

This. She needs to figure out who her audience is nowadays.
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What other female performers are you referring to that blow her away? Maybe some sell more records, but no one comes close to her as a live performer. Maybe there are female performers in other genres of music that are on her level, but not ones who do pure pop. It's weird you mention her use of sexual imagery, because a lot of modern female pop stars such as Rihanna and Gaga use a lot of sexual imagery, more than Madonna does. I suppose you might be referring to Adele as someone who's not sexual, but her music is a totally different genre more towards R&B ballads, rather than pure pop.