Options

The Saturdays - Gentleman

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love all of The Saturday's singles. What they really need to do is sell albums. That is what really counts and what really matters.

Do any of you think The Saturdays will ever achieve a double or triple platinum UK album best seller? God knows how their record company can afford the vids etc as everybody knows it's album sales that rake in cash. They're not international best sellers either. Maybe their myriad of advertising deals are keeping them afloat.

They really have no concrete constant album sales at all...

One other thing I'd like to highlight is that the original Sugababes releasing their new single on Sept the 1st are YOUNGER than members of The Saturdays..How strange is that after millions of album sales.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? Where did you read that? I thought they were going to release the album after Gentleman. I'm beginning to wonder if we'll ever get the album now :(

In an interview with DS, Vanessa said the album is coming in October, but before that another single, also in their google hangout last week Una confirmed the 3rd, upbeat single before the album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Attia_Ash wrote: »
    I love all of The Saturday's singles. What they really need to do is sell albums. That is what really counts and what really matters.

Do any of you think The Saturdays will ever achieve a double or triple platinum UK album best seller? God knows how their record company can afford the vids etc as everybody knows it's album sales that rake in cash. They're not international best sellers either. Maybe their myriad of advertising deals are keeping them afloat.

They really have no concrete constant album sales at all...

One other thing I'd like to highlight is that the original Sugababes releasing their new single on Sept the 1st are YOUNGER than members of The Saturdays..How strange is that after millions of album sales.

Only Una.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    In an interview with DS, Vanessa said the album is coming in October, but before that another single, also in their google hangout last week Una confirmed the 3rd, upbeat single before the album.

YAY!!

Hopefully it will FINALLY push some album sales. They really deserve it.:)
  • Options
    swordofomensswordofomens Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    I take it Frankie will be missing from the promo for the next single then as how is she going to perform an upbeat single when she will be like 9 months pregnant?

They really need to plan their pregnancies to tie in with their music releases.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Is there any TV promo for this weekend at all? There wasn't enough TV at all. I'm just not mad about the track, but I'm surprised its missing the top 10. Never mind, if the next single is a hit this wont really matter. The album should do better than Radar providing the next single generates enough buzz.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »

That might be a good thing after all. At least I'll only have to go a few weeks of the college year without a new Saturdays album :p Last year was my only year at university without a new one.
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By way of a partial turnaround, I think Gentleman is my 2nd fave Saturdays single since Higher - my favourite being My Heart Takes Over. If they avoid another Notorious-like single (and Work-like or even Ego-like single for good measure) I think they should be fine.
  • Options
    matty_andersonmatty_anderson Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty embarrassing chart position! There's something very unlikeable I find about the girls this era, especially Frankie. I just can't put my finger on what it is!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pretty embarrassing chart position! There's something very unlikeable I find about the girls this era, especially Frankie. I just can't put my finger on what it is!

Where is it in the chart at the moment?
  • Options
    kyleeekyleee Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    It entered the chart at number 15!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kyleee wrote: »

Quite appropriate really, as it matches My Heart Takes Over (and controversially, their only 2 reasonable singles since Higher).
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will this thread ever go away?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    Will this thread ever go away?

Being about the Saturdays, another thread would soon take its place!:p:eek::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kyleee wrote: »

That's really bad :( And I really thought this song would do well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's really bad :( And I really thought this song would do well.

I knew it wouldn't do that well, the style of the song is irrelevant to the charts these days, just looking at how What About Us did should have told them what style to go with for the rest of the album, Girls Aloud were doing Gentleman type of songs way back in 2004, it's a good song but I think it should have remained an experimental album track.
  • Options
    JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not the end of the world, I'm sure they will bounce back .
  • Options
    Pippa2012Pippa2012 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It entered at number 14 not 15 but it doesnt make much difference.

The never seem to get in the zone of being a big band, it is constant ups and downs, granted some of their singles do well but they have yet to have a platinum single or one that sells half a million, their albums sell poorly and they are not a big touring act either, how they have survived as long as they have sometimes baffles me as albums and tours are where the money is and they aint raking it in for the record company.

Now i should say i dont like or dislike them, every now and agin they release something i like, what about us grew on me slightly as i didnt like it. Ego is the highlight so far but i really feel their time is coming to an end, i think the new album will be their last studio album.

On a side note i doubt any of the girls have made huge amounts of money from the Saturdays.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    It's such a shame. This is one of their best singles imo, along with Work - which also under performed.

It could be worse though. It still got top 15, and they are still getting a lot of radio support. Still confused as to why it didn't make the R1 A-List though, especially considering how they played the inferior 'What About Us' endlessly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Apparently the song sold 29,882 after it's first week. This is more than If This Is Love, Up and My Heart Takes Over sold in their first weeks. It's also only a few hundred less than what Notorious sold in it's first week.