HO - Myra-Pocahontas Regina Madonna Savage-McQueen.

13»

Comments

• grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ofthenight wrote: »
    I love how Hollyoaks are reflecting reality by portraying what many chavs name their children accurately :)

I think it's a great issue led storyline to cover as well as family members being obsessed by car names.
  • bobby-lee 101bobby-lee 101 Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    I think it sounds put on when JP calls other males sweetheart. It is cringy.

That comment is sexist and homophobic
  • lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    That comment is sexist and homophobic

It's the poster's opinion of that character and that the behaviour feels false coming from that character. JP has never been particularly camp and when he was introduced, they portrayed his character as still liking 'laddish' things like football and DJ-ing because they didn't want to pander to stereotypes. One of the good things about Hollyoaks is that their gay/bisexual characters have all been different and they aren't always portrayed as the victim or outsider.

If he'd said "I think gay men calling each other sweetheart is cringy", your comment would be more valid but the poster does not say that and I don't think he implies it. For example, it would be perfectly in character for Ste to call men sweetheart and I can imagine Lockie doing it in a more tongue-in-cheek way but to me, I find it jarring.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Will Jim be the father? Just to really upset Carmel
    Err Jim's dead.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Err Jim's dead.
    ofthenight wrote: »
    I love how Hollyoaks are reflecting reality by portraying what many chavs name their children accurately :)
    It's not "reality" though. Most people name their kids something sensible like Noah or Jonathon.
  • craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Err Jim's dead.

Err Jim died 8 months and 2 weeks before Pocahontas was born, if he'd slept with Theresa in the days leading upto his death, and Pocahontas wasn't full term, it's perfectly plausible for him to be the father (by Hollyoaks standards it is, anyway!)
  • actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Another old thread bumped for no reason
  • Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think even Katie Price would turn her nose up at that!