The Cher Lloyd Appreciation Thread (Part 4)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,518
Administrator
donbon wrote: »
Do DS writers read this thread? they just posted the video on the main site, right after it was posted here

http://www.digitalspy.ie/music/news/a347759/cher-lloyd-previews-new-songs-during-intimate-acoustic-gig-video.html

This thread is a continuation of: The Cher Lloyd Appreciation Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    made it:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heck yeah Part 4! :D They finally got round to giving us the next part lol. :p And it looks like joe gets the honour of having the first post here. ;):p

Anyway in response to donbon, yeah I love how I get to things quicker than DS themselves, thanks to good old Twitter. :D

Now let's hope that reaching Part 4 is a good omen for Cher!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now let's hope that reaching Part 4 is a good omen for Cher!

Things seem to be going good, she seems to have changed a lot of peoples opinions about her, new single is going down well, X Factor appearance should be a boost. It's all looking really positive at the moment.

This time last year, there was so much hate for her, so many 'diva' stories in the press etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll carry over the link to Cher's secret gig so people don't have to backtrack for it. :)

http://www.vevo.com/watch/cher-lloyd/cher-lloyds-secret-gig/GB1101100687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll carry over the link to Cher's secret gig so people don't have to backtrack for it. :)

what a great vid that is. That crying noise she makes with the fan:D

and a worldwide trend always feels good when its spontaneous excitement
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks for the link Nels, do we wish we were there..:cry:
    Really liking the stripped back version of WUL, all the tracks really, how people still say she cant sing :confused:
    Though nervous she was 'bubbly' and good fun, she is adapting to this interaction with people, very charming, she will conquer the negative 'brat' attitude which she's tarred with, that I am sure.

What a Hero MartynMac :D:D never saw the post, but fairplay to him for his assault on the Cardle thread..:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Part 4 :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    :( Anyone have a link for people in the US.....:( I just pre-ordered her album digitally after I was disappointed that I couldn't buy a signed copy off play.com because I live in the US.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Razzmataz wrote: »
    Thanks for the link Nels, do we wish we were there..:cry:
    Really liking the stripped back version of WUL, all the tracks really, how people still say she cant sing :confused:
    Though nervous she was 'bubbly' and good fun, she is adapting to this interaction with people, very charming, she will conquer the negative 'brat' attitude which she's tarred with, that I am sure.

What a Hero MartynMac :D:D never saw the post, but fairplay to him for his assault on the Cardle thread..:cool:

What did Martyn post?? :o

Anyway, YEY PART 4 :D:D It's been since like Jan or something since we moved on hasn't it?

Loving the secret gig video, Beautiful people sounds amazing and I knew End Up here would be her fave track though it's strange considering she said she's not the ballad type. ;)

Oh ... YEY PART 4 (Again). :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joegrizzle wrote: »
    :( Anyone have a link for people in the US.....:( I just pre-ordered her album digitally after I was disappointed that I couldn't buy a signed copy off play.com because I live in the US.

Unlucky. :( And hi welcome!!

A link to the secret gig you mean? I've tried looking on youtube but I only found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN-ljawIpzY

Sorry! :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    So short....must see more. lol
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    wooo part 4 :) ive been listening to talkin that a lot lately i love it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbNj8-UzG38 hoping there more songs like that with that sort of vibe
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joegrizzle wrote: »

HOLD YOUR HORSES! Right, now that I have your attention (:D) you can pre-order Cher's album from her website and you'll get a link to download her studio recording of Stay for free as well as the album itself. :)

http://www.cherlloyd.com/gb/news/entry/pre-order_sticks_stones_now_and_get_stay_to_download_right_away/

If you can do this from America (which I sincerely hope is possible :p) then I'd go for that instead. Since you've pre-ordered it digitally I assume you can cancel it or something, in which case you could go for this, I'd highly recommend it if possible. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4troy7 wrote: »
    wooo part 4 :) ive been listening to talkin that a lot lately i love it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbNj8-UzG38 hoping there more songs like that with that sort of vibe

Yeah I like it but it's not a sort of single material is it? I think only her fans can enjoy talkin that, no?? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Talkin That...best played turned right up

what was all this about another video for WUL rumour on twitter? was it just ChersBrats getting it wrong again:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Talkin That...best played turned right up

what was all this about another video for WUL rumour on twitter? was it just ChersBrats getting it wrong again:rolleyes:

Yeah I saw that and was about to ask you guys! "Tweet #ChersSecretGig to see another WUL video" Cher helped with the trend but no video came out?! :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.sugarscape.com/tags/album/670380/cher-lloyd-i-wont-be-writing-songs-about-my-boyfriend-yet

Cher said she co-wrote all the tracks on the album bar 3 songs, which is quite amazing TBH.

Does anyone know if One Direction, Matt Cardle or Rebecca Ferguson had an input in their songs? Would be interesting to know. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mozitski wrote: »
    http://www.sugarscape.com/tags/album/670380/cher-lloyd-i-wont-be-writing-songs-about-my-boyfriend-yet

Cher said she co-wrote all the tracks on the album bar 3 songs, which is quite amazing TBH.

Does anyone know if One Direction, Matt Cardle or Rebecca Ferguson had an input in their songs? Would be interesting to know. :)

dunno about Rebecca or Matt. But i doubt 1D have written anything but their own names all year:p

i'm impresssed she wrote the whole of End up here, cos its great. I suppose thats the lyrics tho not the music also but even so.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why is WUL (a single) at 79 in the album charts on itunes?

i don't really understand stuff like this, anyone know what goes on with that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dunno about Rebecca or Matt. But i doubt 1D have written anything but their own names all year:p

i'm impresssed she wrote the whole of End up here, cos its great. I suppose thats the lyrics tho not the music also but even so.

LMAO! :D

Yeah it's really cool, Cardle take note... This is Credibility. ;)

79 on albums chart?! This isn't good is it? Someone please enlighten us. :(
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    The iTunes Album Chart contains the pre-orderable single package which includes the original song, three remixes and an acoustic version. As it contains five songs, five sales will be added to the chart tally come next week when the preorders go through. It's a very positive sign to see it doing so well on pre-order—especially given people are interested in other versions of the song as well as the original—but iTunes' album section tends not to count for much overall so it's nothing to vibrate over. It's a good thing, though. Not so many other singles charting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rombod wrote: »
    The iTunes Album Chart contains the pre-orderable single package which includes the original song, three remixes and an acoustic version. As it contains five songs, five sales will be added to the chart tally come next week when the preorders go through. It's a very positive sign to see it doing so well on pre-order—especially given people are interested in other versions of the song as well as the original—but iTunes' album section tends not to count for much overall so it's nothing to vibrate over. It's a good thing, though. Not so many other singles charting.

I see! Yey for good sign. :D

Anyway, apparently With Ur Love is Number 16 in the Irish itunes chart, don't know how to find this out though??

It was in the 100's this morning so it has risen staggeringly, hope it goes to Number 1! Quite nervous TBH. :o
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    Mozitski wrote: »
    I see! Yey for good sign. :D

Anyway, apparently With Ur Love is Number 16 in the Irish itunes chart, don't know how to find this out though??

It was in the 100's this morning so it has risen staggeringly, hope it goes to Number 1! Quite nervous TBH. :o

I've just checked; it's actually at number 12. Good good. The UK is the real area of interest, though, of course.
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait for her performance on TXF on Sunday :D
This discussion has been closed.