GMTV poll - love or hate it?

1235»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate it. Its like a trashy magazine on the telly, like ok or hello. Some of us have no interest in TomKat or the Beckhams. Anything remotly newsworthy is sensationalised like doh the snow (which some of the country didnt even get) John Stapleton is the only serious Journalist on the show. Lorraine Kelly could do so much better but has fallen into a comfort zone. She should do HIGNFY again or something.
    If anyone likes GMTV can they give their reasons please.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Thankyou for everyone who commented on this thread. Your results will be posted to ITV & GMTV. Hopefully GMTV will send a better reply than the usual "thankyou your comments are valuable to us blah blah" one they usually send out.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fickrick wrote:
    I hate it. Its like a trashy magazine on the telly, like ok or hello. Some of us have no interest in TomKat or the Beckhams. Anything remotly newsworthy is sensationalised like doh the snow (which some of the country didnt even get) John Stapleton is the only serious Journalist on the show. Lorraine Kelly could do so much better but has fallen into a comfort zone. She should do HIGNFY again or something.
    If anyone likes GMTV can they give their reasons please.

Clare Nasir is fit, but a fasion disaster and Kate Garraway was a MILF, but not since Xmas ...
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    teachimp wrote:
    As a result of some of the threads recently involving GMTV, I am now asking everyone if they love or hate it. If you start your thread either LOVE or HATE then if you wish, submit your comments. The results from this thread will be sent to GMTV and ITV (their main shareholder) either to tell them they need to change or to pat them on the back for the show.

Hate it.

Much preferred TV-Am, it was also a magazine style show but it never pretended to be anythiong else , also TV-Am had an excellent news team which won many awards.

Why don't you ask the MOD's to create a poll ?
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guess after phone vote scam is revealed in this morning's papers..all those jolly quiz phone in types will also hate it.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/picture_gallery/picture_gallery/0,,30000-1261969-2,00.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HATE (strongly)...

It has little substance when compared other morning shows such as BBC morning show.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absoultly HATE it - one of the most dire tv programmes of all time, filled up with a host of talentless, ignorant fools....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guess after phone vote scam is revealed in this morning's papers..all those jolly quiz phone in types will also hate it.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/picture_gallery/picture_gallery/0,,30000-1261969-2,00.html

I thought it would not be long before the "Quiz" on GMTV was found to be a con. Everything about GMTV is a con anyway.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So GMTV has been exposed for what most of us knew all along - it's a great big con!

People should really start waking up to these phone scams. No doubt they'll be back jamming the phone lines soon just because La Phillips has said it has all been 'investigated'. Yeah, right. :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Hate it, especially the smugness of Fiona Phillips.
  • Simon JacksonSimon Jackson Posts: 8,687
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote:
    Hate it.

Much preferred TV-Am, it was also a magazine style show but it never pretended to be anythiong else , also TV-Am had an excellent news team which won many awards.

Why don't you ask the MOD's to create a poll ?

Times have changed since TV-am. I guess they would have had phone in competions if it still ran today and they would have been involved in a scandel too.
  • Simon JacksonSimon Jackson Posts: 8,687
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote:
    So GMTV has been exposed for what most of us knew all along - it's a great big con!

People should really start waking up to these phone scams. No doubt they'll be back jamming the phone lines soon just because La Phillips has said it has all been 'investigated'. Yeah, right. :sleep:

and they take in celebs like Beth Cordinaly to forigen countries to promote competions.

People would want a refund of the licence fee
  • RubberSoulRubberSoul Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Richard & Judy were caught in a phone scandal, I was logical and had faith that they and their production team were entirely innocent.

However, with GMTV...

THEY DID IT! GUILTY! OFF THE AIR! THROW STAPLETON AND HIS WIG IN PRISON!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    I hate it. I hate the presenters (especially Fiona Phillips) and I hate the fact that they repeat their features so much in the same show.

They also have too much focus on the news. Do we really need news bulletins every fifteen mintues/half-hour? Do we really need to see the music acts twice?

I think it's time the show was axed and we got a completely new show in the mornings, with a new format and new presenters. GMTV was good in the beginning but it's been well passed its sell-by date for years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hate it!
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RubberSoul wrote:
    When Richard & Judy were caught in a phone scandal, I was logical and had faith that they and their production team were entirely innocent.

However, with GMTV...

THEY DID IT! GUILTY! OFF THE AIR! THROW STAPLETON AND HIS WIG IN PRISON!

:eek:

John Stapleton's hair is all his own and don't you dare suggest otherwise! :p:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GMTV is so bad now i even miss eamon holmes and i cant stand him its just mindless noise in the morning the last few weeks ive had the radio on in the morning so much better
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it when Fiona Phillips isnt presenting :D

The 'green' thing thye had going on today was really crigeworth 'Hi we're the Green family from Green Street in Greens dale, we want to be more green.' it was :mad: Do you recgon they were actually the 'greens' or made to to say it so they can get the article.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Haha! At last the corruption has been exposed, GMTV stands for Gross Misuse of Telecommunications Vehicle.I stopped watching the crap they espoused long ago, it's the muppet show without the wit and Fiona is the biggest puppet of all, how someone like her gets on television is beyond me with her vile take on what's wrong with british society today, well look on your own doorstep Fiona and the rest of your crony unfunny presenters, the only decent one out of you is Lorraine.If you are a media zombie you will be taken in by their agenda, their words aren't genuine they are scripted by the rich puppet master TV moguls that ultimately want to screw you left right and centre, wise up peopple before it's too late.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    who wants pontification from moronic puppets, gmtv has done as much for good morals in the uk as tony blair has done for the bnp cause with immigrant workers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Hate. Hate Fiona Phillips and her bias. Bring back The Big Breakfast.
    My thoughts exactly! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Big Breakfast aaaahhhh what a show Johnnie Vaughn and lisa Tarbuck loved it
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just love the tactic this Morning,having contracted MRSA 7 years now
    yet again GMTV just take a serious story and make it lightweight.
    bit odd isnt it less than 24 hours after the scandal broke they fill the Programme with all the stuff that freaks people out......
    A friend of mine yeard ago had access to the Feeds of GMtv and when you see these "supposed" suprised prize winners they had practise runs before they went live.its nothing but one big rip off.