Options

What are your worst traits when you drink socially?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
Forum Member
Mine - I just can't seem to shut up. I always have hangover shame the next day remembering my 'last night foolishness'
This is despite only having a limit of two glasses of red wine. I'm such a feather weight.

What I am trying to ask is (and not making a good job of it) does anyone else suffer from hangover shame? do you panic that people were not impressed by you?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    dancing round the dancefloor waving my knickers in the air :D
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, talking nonsense mainly.:o
  • Options
    irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thinking I can dance and am irresistible to women :o
  • Options
    Enigma77Enigma77 Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    MediaO wrote: »
    Mine - I just can't seem to shut up. I always have hangover shame the next day remembering my 'last night foolishness'
    This is despite only having a limit of two glasses of red wine. I'm such a feather weight.

What I am trying to ask is (and not making a good job of it) does anyone else suffer from hangover shame? do you panic that people were not impressed by you?

no, because words and drunken behaviour are quickly forgotten, unlike on here. Grrrrr:mad:
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Farting.
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Worst trait: Leaving the conversation to go outside and smoke.:o

Don't have 'hangover shame', never heard of that before :D
  • Options
    Sid LawSid Law Posts: 4,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Telling colleagues (of the opposite sex) what I'd like to do to them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    Being a bit of a tart.
  • Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Losing consciousness and/or forgetting to pay the bill... :o
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    going home suddenly without telling anyone.
  • Options
    Enigma77Enigma77 Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    waking up with strangers in my lap
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every single morning after I've ever gone out, I've got the hangover shames :(

I dance like and idiot, talk like and idiot, and act like an idiot, and then I realise all the crap I did the next day, and am like "urghhh oh god". I hate the feeling, even if I dont do something stupid, I still feel ashamed of myself, for no reason.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    epicurian wrote: »
    Losing consciousness and/or forgetting to pay the bill... :o

the latter trait is awesome. so handy!

i do that too. if you make an announcement you get roped into another drink and then maybe another one. slipping away quietly means no awkward byes or complaining that you're going early.
  • Options
    gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    Recently I've started getting really needy/clingy when I'm drunk, which is new. I've also noticed every text the morning after seems to start with the word 'sorry'...
  • Options
    RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not being able to tell the difference between single women and somebody's other half. (usually the other half of an unbelievably large and irate person who has also had one drink too many)
  • Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    irishguy wrote: »
    the latter trait is awesome. so handy!

i do that too. if you make an announcement you get roped into another drink and then maybe another one. slipping away quietly means no awkward byes or complaining that you're going early.

That probably should have read, "leave my friends holding the bill", in which case I still had to pay them back, and then live with their ridicule, even years later. :(:D
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yorkiegal wrote: »

*high fives* :D

I'd love to be able to do that and just send a quick text to people to say 'I'm in a cab' but I can never bring myself to do it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cosmo wrote: »
    Farting.

Lol - I did this whilst waiting for the cab. I was sitting on the steps of the venue. Bouncer looked kind of pissed off
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    Joni M wrote: »
    Worst trait: Leaving the conversation to go outside and smoke.:o

Don't have 'hangover shame', never heard of that before
    :D

Oh its bad I tell you. In the same league as the 'walk of shame'.

It makes your body shiver with, well, shame. And then you get butterflies in your tummy when you relive it in your hungover head.

:cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh God the drink paranoia's are the worst. My worst traits are: Going to sleep, dancing like I'm on MTV, singing like I'm on the X-factor, having fascinating conversations with randomers who are really just laughing at me, crying, eating chips and cheese, making a mess, rolling around the street annnnnnnnnnd phoning that certain someone to remind him how much of a ******** he is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HollyG wrote: »

It makes your body shiver with, well, shame. And then you get butterflies in your tummy when you relive it in your hungover head.

Is the walk of shame exclusively a girl phenomenen? Or can men suffer from it also. *from one who never experienced it*
  • Options
    BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always have my camera with me at parties, so I tend to run up to people, shouting

"I LOVE YOU, CAN I HAVE A PHOTO WITH YOU?" :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    scofield wrote: »
    Every single morning after I've ever gone out, I've got the hangover shames :(

I dance like and idiot, talk like and idiot, and act like an idiot, and then I realise all the crap I did the next day, and am like "urghhh oh god". I hate the feeling, even if I dont do something stupid, I still feel ashamed of myself, for no reason.

THIS! 100 per cent on how I feel the morning after. It's so weird about the bolded as I can't understand why I feel like that as well.

I think for me, I'm normally really quiet and shy so always feel 'exposed' and have let people down. Weird.
  • Options
    Canard's BackCanard's Back Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkiegal wrote: »

Yup I tend to do that as well....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    HollyG wrote: »

:D Good explanation of it, Holly. You have covered all bases. I promise myself every time that I will never go through it again...and always fail.
    I hate the possibility of colleagues thinking 'what a idiot' lol - especially the hot guys I like...