Peter Andre wades into the Kerry Katona/Claire Powell Drama!

Comments

• changachanga Posts: 11,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    quasimoron wrote: »
    [/B]Are we any different sitting in judgement on him.Do we not adore it also.This whole forum consists of sitting in judgement and taking the pee..We all do it on an open forum, anyone can read, so why not the beleagured.zelebs themselves in mag columns.. The irony, oh the irony.

Kerry's sacking lol is the topic of the week and so P.A is going to mention it. He is entitled to his opinion , just like us.Even a ghost written edited opinion given over the blower.

I see the link is from the 3-Am girls, that negates it straight away for me.Those alleged journalists:rolleyes: never have anything to say that is positive. They hate Can and P.A so their opinion is biased..They are basically a cosy coven of spite, giving real female writers a bad name, as in female journalists can only write bitchy comments and not real copy.

P.A maybe should stay out of this, because it smells to high heaven and none of his concern.But that's his choice. Claire is a tough nut and can sort this herself.Kerry has been a fool once again methinks and is one of those sad people who never grow or learn.I dont think she should pit herself against Miss Can.
    P.A's article is nothing as usual but mag talk.I would love to know the real story though.:D I bet P.A himself does not know. Claire is a canny bird.It will be interesting how this pans out.

I like Pete, always have and Kerry but not fooled by either of them.Both have issues and are easily controlled by others.Both act emotionally rather than rationally, always a mistake.I am aware of their faults but like them both.
    KP , vomit smiley.

2 things.

I've never claimed PA is my friend or my mate, so publicly judging him doesn't put me in a moral dilemma.

Also, I'm not being paid to trash my "friends". He is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Why exactly would people be getting on Amy's case - this is what she said:

I have to be honest and say I really don’t know what went on. She was invited to my 21st but she didn’t come.I have no idea what has happened with Kerry and my management, and I don’t want to get involved.I like Kerry and if I see her I will still be nice and say “hello”.At the end of the day, what has happened really isn’t my business.

No sly digs, no CANcontrol, no parroting the party line. Puppet Pete should take notes.

In the mag she had her support for Claire, obviously it's different as it's Amy, it must be a different kettle of fish, sorry:)
  • 0willow0willow Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Valdery wrote: »
    Quasi, you are waaaaaaaaay too good to be a journalist. ;)

All of the above I fully and wholeheartedly agree with. Peter Andre should take a step back in this saga, if only to not get misinterpreted and dragged into it when really he has nothing to do with it at all. Him remaining with CAN shows his support of Claire Powell. Claire chose to manage Kerry Katona and now Kerry has chosen to leave, good or bad reason and decision...remains to be seen. :)

I agree he should butt out. Like he should butt out of many, many other situations where he sticks his unwelcome nose in ;) Just in relation to him being misinterpreted, just curious, how do you think he has been misinterpreted in this instance?
  • quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I must have a chunk missing from that link because I do not understand what all the excitement is about let alone the dramatics of it being "disgusting" or having "stabbed" anyone in the back. :D:D

Nor me:confused: I dont see sly digs either.He is pretty upfront Imo, too upfront if anything.Imo people just enjoy slating his every utterance, because of the way they perceive him, They put their own interpretation on his comments rather than what he may have meant.
    He is obviously not entitled to hold or express any opinions, contrary to ours.Perhaps they seek to control his actions and words like his perceived nemesis Claire.Maybe they just dislike him.
    Myself, I like him but never watch his shows or buy anything he sells.I am not a fan of his in that respect. but I understand him and find him entertaining.
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why exactly would people be getting on Amy's case - this is what she said:

I have to be honest and say I really don’t know what went on. She was invited to my 21st but she didn’t come.I have no idea what has happened with Kerry and my management, and I don’t want to get involved.I like Kerry and if I see her I will still be nice and say “hello”.At the end of the day, what has happened really isn’t my business.

No sly digs, no CANcontrol, no parroting the party line. Puppet Pete should take notes.

Oh, so Claire doesn't control all of her clients then . Thats a bit different to what is usually thrown at her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    0willow wrote: »
    Hello all! I have lurked with interest over the last few years as the Peter/Katie split unfolded (literally and metaphorically) before our eyes. When they were together and the media darlings of the day, I never liked them. I never bought in to the 'savy business woman and adoring husband' brand. However, it was more mild irritation than active dislike. Since the split, the passive distain turned into more active dislike. Katie is clearly, obviously and apparantly a nasty piece of work. Manipulative, spiteful and vengeful would all be adjectives I would use to describe her behaviour. She handled the breakup very badly, lashing out in the media and throwing any modicum of dignity she had left.

Peter, on the other hand, played a blinder. He (or, more likely the brains of the operation, his management) managed to capitalise on his 'victim' status and what ensued was a very contrived good versus evil battle played out through the media, which was, without a doubt orchestrated by him and his management. He pulled some very sneaky and sinister stunts and I can say I can pinpoint the moment I started to actively dislike him to the day he wore the "Team Kids" t-shirt in the media. I won't even go in to why that act was so deplorable (as it has already been debated to great lengths on these boards and elsewhere). At that time I remember saying to a few people I couldn't stand him and most responded with "Aww no, he's sweet Pete is, he doesn't mean any harm", The same attitude prevailed here and I remember a time that it was with great fear and trepidation any anti Pete poster ventured on here posted something negative about him. Looking at the boards today it is clear that everything has changed. It took a while (a long while!) but eventually his true nastiness seeped through and most people seem to see what he is really like.

I am still astounded when I see his fans accuse people who aren't heaping adoration on him as "working for KP" or "being KP" or that there is a sinister hidden agenda which explains why people are on here posting negatively about him. In reality, the situation is a lot more simple than that, how about; we don't like him!

Anyway, to bring this back on topic, the latest stunt pulled by Pete is deplorable. I was jokingly having bets with friends about how long it would take him to drop KK like a hot cake once she left CAN. Lo and behold, like the gift that keeps on giving, he presented us with an incredibly slimy, hidden agenda-laden (ie the Mark Croft slur) article. For those who say he was "sticking up for his manager" or even more amusingly "showing her support", is it really necessary to do this? Claire Powell is an extremely strong, savvy business woman. She does not need her Zlist darling defending her name in his silly little showbiz column. Firstly, because it is none of his business, business/employment transactions between his agent and another client are nothing to do with him. Secondly, because he claimed to be such 'great friends' with KK, would he not think it appropriate that he stepped back from the situation and avoided taking sides in yet another dirty-laundry zleb fued. (Although, after witnessing his behaviour during the KP split, maybe he enjoys it!) Finally, if he was so concerned for her, he would be better placed in contacting her and offering support and guidance, rather than blackening her name by associating her with the hate figure that is Mark Croft. I just could not believe that he started the article by letting us all know that he wasn't in fact a great friend and "went weeks" without contacting her, despite having sang her praises from the roof tops for the previous 12 months. :D

I logged on just to wave to you:o. You have eloquently explained what I feel but my dislike for that man makes me get off a tangent. Welcome Willow. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    changa wrote: »
    2 things.

I've never claimed PA is my friend or my mate, so publicly judging him doesn't put me in a moral dilemma.

I may be wrong but apart from the people with a vested interest, I have not seen anyone else comment, Just the CAN lot and Max Clifford.

If we post an opinion in a forum, everyone is within their right to offer theirs. Regardless of who you are if you put an opinion/thought in the public domain, you must expect people will agree or disagree.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amber43 wrote: »
    In the mag she had her support for Claire, obviously it's different as it's Amy, it must be a different kettle of fish, sorry:)

1. I don't buy or read tabloid mags except via links on here so how would I know that?

2. You seem a little confused. The reason the focus is on Puppet Pete is because of the Mark Croft dig. It's nothing to do with supporting Powell - it would be strange if CAN clients didn't support their management, surely? - and I couldn't give a fig about KK... but she is not the issue.

But if you want to see Puppet Pete as a poor innocent victim at the mercy of evil forces again, so be it.
  • quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 things.

He did not exactly trash her, did he? .Sometimes we have to be blunt and harsh to our friends, when they are being a pain or self destructive.
    P.A is at least IYO judging someone he knows personally.He also presumably knows some of what really happened, we dont.We are judging people who we never met and dont know at all.
    So while these people are not our mates etc, they are total strangers and we never know the full story.So there is a moral dilemma if you wish to embrace one.;)

PA is a in better position to comment than we are, but IMo should have refrained from doing so.But if these people kept sctum and sensible, what would we gossip about or debate.
    I bet some were waiting for his column with bated breath to see what he would say;).hence we have this thread, one of the many started each day about the boring, bland PA.Its insania.
  • fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nor me:confused: I dont see sly digs either.He is pretty upfront Imo, too upfront if anything.Imo people just enjoy slating his every utterance, because of the way they perceive him, They put their own interpretation on his comments rather than what he may have meant.
    He is obviously not entitled to hold or express any opinions, contrary to ours.Perhaps they seek to control his actions and words like his perceived nemesis Claire.Maybe they just dislike him.
    Myself, I like him but never watch his shows or buy anything he sells.I am not a fan of his in that respect. but I understand him and find him entertaining.

Indeed...you have been asked why you think he's been misinterpreted.....well likewise to those that call it disgusting and despicable lol.

It is a lot about dislike....Amy whatsit was quoted and the interpretation was that nothing untoward was said..however it begs the question that if PA had mentioned as she did that x was invited to a party and didn't attend....all sorts of conclusions/hidden/spiteful/why mention it conclusions would have been drawn. :D

The fact is he does a column, this is 'news' in the world of zleb gossip and those that follow it,,,including all of us on this forum to whatever degree :o ... so he comments...but I still fail to see just what has caused the bee's in the bonnets :confused:
    If he had not commented, he would still have got the critisim as he has done in the past .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. I don't buy or read tabloid mags except via links on here so how would I know that?

2. You seem a little confused. The reason the focus is on Puppet Pete is because of the Mark Croft dig. It's nothing to do with supporting Powell - it would be strange if CAN clients didn't support their management, surely? - and I couldn't give a fig about KK... but she is not the issue.

But if you want to see Puppet Pete as a poor innocent victim at the mercy of evil forces again, so be it.

Thanks but I am not confused andI didn't say that (to the last paragraph) and nor do I but I read the whole mag and not just parts to pick holes in, the articles before in New were on Kerry and Mark Croft and the rumours of meetings that were commenteed on I commented on that, I obviously don't know what you read or know but was trying to give a bit of context, sorry:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He did not exactly trash her, did he? .Sometimes we have to be blunt and harsh to our friends, when they are being a pain or self destructive.
    P.A is at least IYO judging someone he knows personally.He also presumably knows some of what really happened, we dont.We are judging people who we never met and dont know at all.
    So while these people are not our mates etc, they are total strangers and we never know the full story.So there is a moral dilemma if you wish to embrace one.;)

PA is a in better position to comment than we are, but IMo should have refrained from doing so.But if these people kept sctum and sensible, what would we gossip about or debate.
    I bet some were waiting for his column with bated breath to see what he would say;).hence we have this thread, one of the many started each day about the boring, bland PA.Its insania.

Tbh PA has not had a thread dedicated to his column for ages... sometimes gets a mention in a thread but it is mostly same old.

There is no indication anywhere that KK is meeting up with her ex... but then there was very little indication before things went pear shape at CAN that KK was hitting the bottle or taking drugs. PA should have made the same comment as AC and stayed out of this instead of back biting.... people might think he is justified doing it to KP.... doing it to KK makes him look hen pecked or spiteful not good looks on a grown man.

Funny that both damaging allegations have the same source... I am not a fan of KK but this smacks of throw the junkie at the press and let me and my private life come out squeaky clean. How many new clients are going to want to sign up for that kind of management?

The most amazing part of this is that KP is keeping out of it... I hesitate to use the word dignity, she may just be wary of getting sued again... or has she really moved on?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do one Pete u self righteous **** knew it wouldnt be long before this idiot put his two pence worth in how can you say in your coloumn you not getting involved then continue to do just the opposite everyone felt sorry for him when he broke up with Whordan but he's even milked the life out of that. He's such a goof he has the sense of humour of a 12 year old probably the common sense of one too I dont even know why he has a column in New magazine he should have one in Just17 or Smash Hits (oops sorry he's never had one of those since the 1990's) as thats the age of his fan base!

I hope Claire gets exposed for whatever has been going down as it looks like theres alot more going on under the surface with the affair rumours...no doubt she got an injunction!
  • ValderyValdery Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree he should butt out. Like he should butt out of many, many other situations where he sticks his unwelcome nose in ;) Just in relation to him being misinterpreted, just curious, how do you think he has been misinterpreted in this instance?

Mmmmmm you think he butts into many, many other situations and it is unwelcome...that is your opinon and you are entitled to it just as others are to think the reverse, however, it could be said that we here on DS butt into many, many situations where I am sure those on the receiving end would consider it unwelcome too. ;)

I didn't say he had been misinterpreted "in this instance" I said "if only not to get".... However, misinterpreted...as an example, there are a few different interpretations of what Peter Andre meant "in this instance" here on this thread (they vary and are pro or anti depending on who likes him or not). :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    Anything that p.a says will be blown out of proportion by his detractors (Mountain out of mole hill syndrome). Kp on the other side who is vile is excused time and time again for her poor behaviour& for being a bad mother. Todays society is truely screwed imo. Iam a neutral poster too btw.:D
    Forum Member
    MediaO wrote: »
    I logged on just to wave to you:o. You have eloquently explained what I feel but my dislike for that man makes me get off a tangent. Welcome Willow. :cool:

Hey, why thank you :)
    Forum Member
    Valdery wrote: »
    Mmmmmm you think he butts into many, many other situations and it is unwelcome...that is your opinon and you are entitled to it just as others are to think the reverse, however, it could be said that we here on DS butt into many, many situations where I am sure those on the receiving end would consider it unwelcome too. ;)

Misinterpreted...as an example there are quite a few different interpretations of what Peter Andre meant "in this instance" here on this thread (they vary and are pro or anti depending on who likes him or not). :)

Well, comparing a couple random people on a regulated internet forum board discussing the latest inane exploits of celebrities, who, in the case of Peter Andre, willingly and gladly put themselves forward for such dissection, can not be juxtaposed with a so called 'good friend' (who happens to be famous) publicly speaking out about another 'good friend' and dragging their name through the national media, whilst at the same time embroiling themselves in that friend's agency/employment dealings, and be called a fair comparison.. :D
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do one Pete u self righteous **** knew it wouldnt be long before this idiot put his two pence worth in how can you say in your coloumn you not getting involved then continue to do just the opposite everyone felt sorry for him when he broke up with Whordan but he's even milked the life out of that. He's such a goof he has the sense of humour of a 12 year old probably the common sense of one too I dont even know why he has a column in New magazine he should have one in Just17 or Smash Hits (oops sorry he's never had one of those since the 1990's) as thats the age of his fan base!

I hope Claire gets exposed for whatever has been going down as it looks like theres alot more going on under the surface with the affair rumours...no doubt she got an injunction!

but why did she? None of the press will print the real story, so some ofus go on twitter and pick up little titbits of gossip

Claire must have alot of power to stop whatever has gone from being published..
    One journalist last week said if it ever got out there would be repecussions for along time.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tbh PA has not had a thread dedicated to his column for ages... sometimes gets a mention in a thread but it is mostly same old.

There is no indication anywhere that KK is meeting up with her ex... but then there was very little indication before things went pear shape at CAN that KK was hitting the bottle or taking drugs. PA should have made the same comment as AC and stayed out of this instead of back biting.... people might think he is justified doing it to KP.... doing it to KK makes him look hen pecked or spiteful not good looks on a grown man.

Funny that both damaging allegations have the same source... I am not a fan of KK but this smacks of throw the junkie at the press and let me and my private life come out squeaky clean. How many new clients are going to want to sign up for that kind of management?

The most amazing part of this is that KP is keeping out of it... I hesitate to use the word dignity, she may just be wary of getting sued again... or has she really moved on?

Or, Onion, he could have picked up the phone and called his 'good friend' Kerry who he loves and asked her what's going on, then he wouldn't have needed to tell everyone how he hasn't been in contact with his 'good friend' Kerry who he loves since she left CAN (strange that, surely you'd ring your 'good friend' after something like that happened, to find out why and check they're ok etc? Isn't that what 'good friends' do? Or am I mistaken? :confused::confused:: ) and he might have been in a better position to comment on her situation and not decided, based on rumour in a tab rag, that it was because she was going down the Croft route again.

Isn't that what 'good friends' who love each other would do? :confused::confused::confused:

I'm confused. :confused:
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 things.

Reckon I don't need to respond to quasimoron now because you have raised the points I would have made.
    There is a big difference in my reckoning quasimoron between posting on a forum and being paid to pontificate and pass judgement.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or, Onion, he could have picked up the phone and called his 'good friend' Kerry who he loves and asked her what's going on, then he wouldn't have needed to tell everyone how he hasn't been in contact with his 'good friend' Kerry who he loves since she left CAN (strange that, surely you'd ring your 'good friend' after something like that happened, to find out why and check they're ok etc? Isn't that what 'good friends' do? Or am I mistaken? :confused::confused::confused: ) and he might have been in a better position to comment on her situation and not decided, based on rumour in a tab rag, that it was because she was going down the Croft route again.

Isn't that what 'good friends' who love each other would do?

Lex I don't think they were good friends... :eek::eek::eek: I think they may have been showmates. ;););)

From scratching backs to stabbing backs in one CAN't leave the group moment.
  • ValderyValdery Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, comparing a couple random people on a regulated internet forum board discussing the latest inane exploits of celebrities, who, in the case of Peter Andre, willingly and gladly put themselves forward for such dissection, can not be juxtaposed with a so called 'good friend' (who happens to be famous) publicly speaking out about another 'good friend' and dragging their name through the national media, whilst at the same time embroiling themselves in that friend's agency/employment dealings, and be called a fair comparison.. :D

Only you are doing the comparing, I was giving an example of misinterpretation, which is what you asked for? :rolleyes: :D

And again, that is your interpretation of what Peter Andre was doing, others, whether they are "a couple of random people on a regulated internet forum board" or not have the right to post their interpretation. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reckon I don't need to respond to quasimoron now because you have raised the points I would have made.
    There is a big difference in my reckoning quasimoron between posting on a forum and being paid to pontificate and pass judgement.

You mean you're not a journalist DD.... friend of KP? :p:p:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or, Onion, he could have picked up the phone and called his 'good friend' Kerry who he loves and asked her what's going on, then he wouldn't have needed to tell everyone how he hasn't been in contact with his 'good friend' Kerry who he loves since she left CAN (strange that, surely you'd ring your 'good friend' after something like that happened, to find out why and check they're ok etc? Isn't that what 'good friends' do? Or am I mistaken? :confused::confused:: ) and he might have been in a better position to comment on her situation and not decided, based on rumour in a tab rag, that it was because she was going down the Croft route again.

Isn't that what 'good friends' who love each other would do? :confused::confused::confused:

I'm confused. :confused:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1338539/Kerry-Katona-supports-new-best-friend-Peter-Andre-attends-London-concert.html

And all she did for him. She even suffered his concerts.:D
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You mean you're not a journalist DD.... friend of KP? :p:p:p

Please don't tell anyone Like an Onion but I am actually KP.