Alex Polizzi-The Fixer BBC2

Comments

• peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Don't think I'll be eating at the Rainforest. They can keep their pre-prepped pasta.
  • TeganRhanTeganRhan Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peach45 wrote: »
    Don't think I'll be eating at the Rainforest. They can keep their pre-prepped pasta.
    I didn't even eat there, just ended up having some juice cocktail (non alcoholic) .
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God that would be my worst nightmare running a big place like that and having to do all the cleaning as well.
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    TeganRhan wrote: »
    I didn't even eat there, just ended up having some juice cocktail (non alcoholic) .

Would definitely go for the alcoholic version if I ever find myself in there.
  • horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is he not going in? he might learn something, or get some ideas.

Retail folk do this all the time
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I'm a fan of Alex but I can't get into this episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peach45 wrote: »
    Would definitely go for the alcoholic version if I ever find myself in there.
    :D me too if I didn't think I'd have to mortgage my house to pay for it haha we were only 15 at the time, the decor is pretty cool but if you've ever been to America and Disney...it's a lot like there themed diners over there.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a fan of Alex but I can't get into this episode.

Yeah second week now she's talking to a brick wall. Wondering why these businesses bother getting involved.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This guy is infuriating....He has an excuse for everything!..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know much about soft play areas (I don't have kids) but do a lot of parents use them? Are they an expensive morning out?
  • pianofortepianoforte Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Can I get my shredder"

Wow, what a rude reply.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pianoforte wrote: »
    "Can I get my shredder"

Immediately thought of Plebs there! :D
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know much about soft play areas (I don't have kids) but do a lot of parents use them? Are they an expensive morning out?

We have a couple here..great place to take my grandson (2) during school hours on a wet day but we don't use them after school hours and the arrival of warmer weather means a shift to the parks and beaches!

Reasonably priced here a few pounds entrance fee but we always have a coffee and food which can push the total cost up!
  • Lyn_D1Lyn_D1 Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Why do these people ask for Alex's help if the don't want to take her advise....she's a very successful business woman for goodness sake! The guy with the Big Space kids play area is so bloody obstinate, he isn't willing to try anything that anyone suggests and he's such a control freak....he has no hope of success!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have a couple here..great place to take my grandson (2) during school hours on a wet day but we don't use them after school hours and the arrival of warmer weather means a shift to the parks and beaches!

Reasonably priced here a few pounds entrance fee but we always have a coffee and food which can push the total cost up!
    Yeah...I think I remember my nan and bamps taking me to one in Bournemouth when I was a kid, but it was one by a supermarket. Meant you could leave the kids there and then go do your grocery shopping.
    Never thought about it for rainy day plays. Intresting.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seemed to end fairly well. Better than last week anyway!
  • daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gutted that I didn't realise that this was back. Grabbed ep 2 on demand and set the rest on series link, but can't get ep 1 now.
  • SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    Dumbass bloke: "I have tried everything possible"

Except for a kids menu in a children's play centre.

At the end he had learnt that you can't just create a business, you have to maintain it. Fairly sure I figured that out when I was about four years old. Where do they find these simpletons?
  • Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me and my mate went to the rainforest cafe oh must be 14...15 years ago? It was horrendously overpriced.

I've only been to some American ones and they weren't too expensive at all, and with lovely food in huge portions. They might be more expensive and not so good here though.
  • scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont these people realise that going on this show is a massive free tv advert and if they behave badly they'll kill their business? The teashop from last week has just got loads of bad google reviews, purely based on the TV show -they haven't even been.
  • Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont these people realise that going on this show is a massive free tv advert and if they behave badly they'll kill their business? The teashop from last week has just got loads of bad google reviews, purely based on the TV show -they haven't even been.

It certainly makes you think that the people on the show much be pretty thick, what with not realising it is their chance to show off thier business and not being pleased with the free help they are receiving.
  • MagpieMaisieMagpieMaisie Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, some people are their own worst enemies! Why would you go to the trouble of inviting Alex Polizzi to help your failing business, then come up with an excuse for why nothing is your fault and why every suggestion wouldn't work? If your way was so bloody brilliant you'd be packed out every day and making a fortune! And as for the "Can I get my shredder?" HOW RUDE!! I don't know how Alex resisted the temptation to bugger off and leave them to it!
  • eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gutted that I didn't realise that this was back. Grabbed ep 2 on demand and set the rest on series link, but can't get ep 1 now.

I think that last week and this week are a continuation of the series started last year (same as Dragon's Den breaks it's series into 2) so don't think you've missed anything
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,780
    Forum Member
    eye3 wrote: »
    I think that last week and this week are a continuation of the series started last year (same as Dragon's Den breaks it's series into 2) so don't think you've missed anything

It was a bit of a mystery as to The Fixer, it returned last year for 6 episodes, they showed just two and then it disappeared. We now have just episodes 5 and 6 of the current series remaining.

At least with Dragon's Den they split 12 episodes into 2 lots of 6 which kind of makes sense.
  • pward1965pward1965 Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    Honestly, some people are their own worst enemies! Why would you go to the trouble of inviting Alex Polizzi to help your failing business, then come up with an excuse for why nothing is your fault and why every suggestion wouldn't work? If your way was so bloody brilliant you'd be packed out every day and making a fortune! And as for the "Can I get my shredder?" HOW RUDE!! I don't know how Alex resisted the temptation to bugger off and leave them to it!

I agree. The businesses know they need help, and many are in financial trouble. Deep down they know they must change but being told so can be tough. I do think some owners are in denial, think there's nothing major wrong, expect to tweak some minor things, get a free makeover and bask in increased business because of the TV publicity.

As for "Can I get my shredder?" it was rude and I would like to have seen Alex's and the consultant chap's reaction - shame it ended up on the (digital) cutting room floor.