Things you do to annoy other drivers

Siu Nim TaoSiu Nim Tao Posts: 1,541
Forum Member
✭✭✭
now I dont go out of my way to annoy other drivers but some times the way other people drive theyre just asking for me to hopefully slow them down for a while

Example: Im driving in a 30mph zone and im doing 40mph and all of a sudden and a car appears car behind me right on my tail etc, In that senario I feel the need to drop my speed to 29mph.

what type of things do you do?

Comments

• AM ScannerAM Scanner Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    Try and not use the breaks and use sensible gear change instead when they tailgate you, it really gets their back up!!
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    now I dont go out of my way to annoy other drivers but some times the way other people drive theyre just asking for me to hopefully slow them down for a while

Example: Im driving in a 30mph zone and im doing 40mph and all of a sudden and a car appears car behind me right on my tail etc, In that senario I feel the need to drop my speed to 29mph.

Of course you do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    I like to "undertake" the middle lane morons. ;)
  • Siu Nim TaoSiu Nim Tao Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Azagoth wrote: »
    Of course you do.

just a lil
  • brickiebrickie Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AM Scanner wrote: »
    Try and not use the breaks and use sensible gear change instead when they tailgate you, it really gets their back up!!

I use the "brakes" instead of "breaks" as I find they work much better.;)
  • David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keep moving very slowly in a traffic jam, trailing the brake pedal, including moving up when the car in front moves, while still trailing the brake pedal on pulling away. Staying on the brake pedal when in stopped traffic rather than switching to the parking brake.

Staying in top gear all the way down to the stall point then slecting N until the cars comes to a stop - I only do this as I know it gets up the nose of a lot of DS posters!
  • The screamThe scream Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I drive with my eyes shut, that never fails to piss a few folk off
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    another good one when someone is on your tail is to stop at the green lights
  • AppleseedAppleseed Posts: 3,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP, there's a book called 'a bigger pig at the wheel'.
    You should look it up, it's brilliant. I have a copy.
  • Shadow27Shadow27 Posts: 4,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just stick to the speed limit in the right areas and that, sadly, is irritating to others. Otherwise, no I don't think I do anything as I tend to think irritating another driver makes them distracted and angry which can lead to an accident - same for me too, I would be concentrating on their reaction not the road. Rather childish to play tit for tat in a moving vehicle - life is too short, if tailgaters annoy you that much, pull over and let them get on with it and don't sink to their level of idiocy.

And stopping at a green light - I hope to heaven you never do that in front of me.
  • asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    if i see in the distance someone trying to nudge out from a side road and potentially there is room between me and the car infront i speed up to minimise the gap so they can't.

sometimes if someones waiting in a side road that i am turning into i won't indicate so they don't know they can pull out and by the time they realise i am its too late.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow27 wrote: »
    I just stick to the speed limit in the right areas and that, sadly, is irritating to others. Otherwise, no I don't think I do anything as I tend to think irritating another driver makes them distracted and angry which can lead to an accident - same for me too, I would be concentrating on their reaction not the road. Rather childish to play tit for tat in a moving vehicle - life is too short, if tailgaters annoy you that much, pull over and let them get on with it and don't sink to their level of idiocy.

And stopping at a green light - I hope to heaven you never do that in front of me.

hang on a minute, if i stopped on a green light to annoy you, that would bother you?

You sounded pretty sensible in your post? surely you should just slow down behind me and take it easy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Appleseed wrote: »
    OP, there's a book called 'a bigger pig at the wheel'.
    You should look it up, it's brilliant. I have a copy.

link please
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hang on a minute, if i stopped on a green light to annoy you, that would bother you?

You sounded pretty sensible in your post? surely you should just slow down behind me and take it easy

I'm guessing it would bother any sensible driver if some idiotic numpty driving the car in front suddenly slammed the anchors on for no reason at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only time I do anything to deliberately annoy other drivers is when someone gets angry and beeps at me for no good reason. I give them a big sarcastic cheery wave.
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    asp746 wrote: »
    if i see in the distance someone trying to nudge out from a side road and potentially there is room between me and the car infront i speed up to minimise the gap so they can't.

sometimes if someones waiting in a side road that i am turning into i won't indicate so they don't know they can pull out and by the time they realise i am its too late.
    People like you should not be on the road. It's all very well trying to get back at someone because they have wronged you (tailgated, for example), but there is no excuse for driving like a bloody-minded moron.
  • Dunce-2007Dunce-2007 Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member

Would someone shunting you up the rear annoy you?
    If not you're giving them the green light to do so.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Azagoth wrote: »
    I'm guessing it would bother any sensible driver if some idiotic numpty driving the car in front suddenly slammed the anchors on for no reason at all.

i didnt say i slam the brakes on, just a gentle roll to stop then apply the hand brake, wait for a the guy behind to act up and beep beep etc, then i speed off
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member

Sorry, I don't get why that annoys you.
    You're speeding and you get annoyed when someone else decides that they think it's safe to go even faster?
    Get out of their way if possible and let them crack on, might be an idea.
    AM Scanner wrote: »

I'm guessing you mean don't use the brakes to slow down but use the gears.
    Well you might be surprised to learn that lots of people use the gears to scrub some speed.
    In any case nobody in their right mind relies on the car in front's brake lights to decide how fast to go, you look at the distance between it and you and the vehicles in front of that vehicle.

I'm pretty sure there are a fair few people with broken brake lights of broken/mis-adjusted brake light switches, given how fast they slow down without the brake lights coming on at all.

The fact that you're slowing their progress gets their backs up, doesn't matter how you're slowing their progress, brakes or gears.
    Again, getting out of their way if possible and letting them crack on, might be an idea.

I used to carry a wheel brace under the carpet for dealing with those who wanted deliberately annoy me, my daughters took them off me.
    I've still got a 2 foot breaker bar in the boot though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only time I do anything to deliberately annoy other drivers is when someone gets angry and beeps at me for no good reason. I give them a big sarcastic cheery wave.

LOL :D
  • Serenity79Serenity79 Posts: 1,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Isn't that about the speed you should have been going to start with? :confused:
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    (edit not showing)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i didnt say i slam the brakes on, just a gentle roll to stop then apply the hand brake, wait for a the guy behind to act up and beep beep etc, then i speed off

What car do you drive?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dunce-2007 wrote: »
    Would someone shunting you up the rear annoy you?
    If not you're giving them the green light to do so.

of course it would, but most people would end up doing more damage to there car than mine
  • WombatDeathWombatDeath Posts: 4,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asp746 wrote: »

Are you at all concerned about your personality disorder?