Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 4)

Comments

• fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    This morning she's dumped the Rock Star.

It sounds as if she'll be riding off into the sunset to spend her time making gluten and wheat-free buns with Mr Scrace.

She has it all worked out you know. :D

Although judging by last week's status update on the WAGfree Facebook page Mr Scrace's business partner is none to impressed with this sudden public airing of his colleague's private life.
  • Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although judging by last week's status update on the WAGfree Facebook page Mr Scrace's business partner is none to impressed with this sudden public airing of his colleague's private life.

They're not are they! :eek: :D

Wonder how long it'll be before his business partner advises him to dump her as all this shag talk's affecting their sales?
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From that 'Me and Ms Jones' article:

"The backlash I have experienced from female commentators is fuelled, I think, because I am not fat, not always hopeless, have had a face-lift."

Yeah, Liz, that'll be it, for sure. That's why 'female commentators' think you're a bitter, friendless, begrudging, delusional old harridan with nothing to redeem you.

Her insights are amazing.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She needs another facelift
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And in the Mail she is now having a go at office workers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2436984/LIZ-JONES-Forget-nurses-Lets-target-real-skivers--middle-class.html?login#readerCommentsCommand-message-field

She has managed to paint all office workers as middle class morons who do nothing all day.

Well up yours Liz.

I'm an office worker and will never be able to afford anything remotely cashmere or a prada bag (is it vegan plastic Liz.. your Prada bag? Is it?) and can't afford to shop online at Ocado unless I get the magical "£25 off" vouchers and "mysupermarket" tells me they are cheaper (not happened yet I can tell you!). And I don't shop online at work because I am well, working.

Another example of her only being able to understand the tiny small world she lives in. No wonder she was so disliked when she worked at the magazines, sounded like she ran the office like a Victorian workhouse.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It’s safe to say I was never popular when I worked in an office

I think it's safe to say that the when I worked in an office bit wasn't actually necessary in that comment.

She really is a tw*t. How the hell does she think companies survive if office workers (as she lumps together millions of people doing not at all similar jobs) do bugger all but talk and surf the internet?

I hate to use the DS cliche but I honestly think she's jealous of anyone who has friends, partners and is popular. The whole 'but I'm thin and dress in Prada' is just to cover her insecurities and the fact she's a monumental screw up
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I hate to use the DS cliche but I honestly think she's jealous of anyone who has friends, partners and is popular. The whole 'but I'm thin and dress in Prada' is just to cover her insecurities and the fact she's a monumental screw up

Definitely.

She hates mothers and wives in general, just because she'll never be either. And a 'vegan' who wears leather - blow me down.
  • SeabirdSeabird Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And so the RS is dumped and has conveniently asked that Liz does not write about him anymore. I can not believe that her diehard fans posting on the Diary (I'm sure most don't read any of her other bile) do not realise that they have been duped for the last 3 years. They are still slavishly insisting that the RS was Jim Kerr despite legal proceedings. If nothing else Liz could have formally stated that it wasn't him (real or imaginary) now the story has run it's course. The poor man must be sick to death of people asking him about her. Yes, by now the new boyfriend (and his business partner) will have to deal with the negative publicity his company is attracting by association. Funny that she respected the RS's need for privacy but short of giving out David Scrace's bank account details she has no respect for his or his company's privacy (which he must take full responsibility for).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seabird wrote: »
    And so the RS is dumped and has conveniently asked that Liz does not write about him anymore. I can not believe that her diehard fans posting on the Diary (I'm sure most don't read any of her other bile) do not realise that they have been duped for the last 3 years. They are still slavishly insisting that the RS was Jim Kerr despite legal proceedings. If nothing else Liz could have formally stated that it wasn't him (real or imaginary) now the story has run it's course. The poor man must be sick to death of people asking him about her. Yes, by now the new boyfriend (and his business partner) will have to deal with the negative publicity his company is attracting by association. Funny that she respected the RS's need for privacy but short of giving out David Scrace's bank account details she has no respect for his or his company's privacy (which he must take full responsibility for).

What is this? Jim Kerr as in lead singer from Simple Minds? Did he shag this woman? Was this before or after Patsy Kensit? Good Lord above this is news to me as I don't know of this woman's lovelife as she appears to not have one as she moans too much :eek:
  • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was never Jim Kerr!!!!
    It was a fantasy - mainly based on JK - but his lawyers were none too happy about the hints so she was forced to back off.

The interview from November 2011 says -
    It is notable that despite her commitment to the truth, she hasn't revealed the identity of the rock-star boyfriend whose presence has so livened up the column recently. "Oh, I've been offered so much money!" she squirms. "I want to keep just one thing. I've lost so many people in my life. I think I've probably got two people still in my life. It's important to learn from your mistakes."

She does say it's not Jim Kerr (who has apparently been dismayed at the rumours that it is him) but she won't name names. So how do we know he's not made up? Did you maybe plagiarise the storyline from Tamara Drewe? She goes rather quiet, and says: "Oh people always said that about my husband. They didn't think he was real."

I'm unconvinced. Each time I ask about Rock Star, say, by asking if she's going to move in with him, she keeps deflecting the question back to Dhaliwal, talking about what a nightmare he was to live with but how they actually had quite a laugh. When I ask again if RS is made up, she says: "I hope people think he is, 'cos then they wouldn't be on the trail, ha ha! And I would have such a happy life but there is a good twist coming up."

Clearly she got pissed and forgot ever to give us that 'good twist'.

I sold my soul... now I'm selling my eggs, says Liz Jones
  • flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does Liz Jones cause you all so much angst, it's only make believe.
  • Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flowerpowa wrote: »

And there is the crux of the matter.....it is make believe but for years it has been pedaled as the truth.
  • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Perhaps because she's paid in excess of £300,000 a year spouting claptrap about fashion (we should all dress like the queen - really?), being nasty about every section of society, including her own family (presumably at the Mail's behest) and not being able to construct a coherent sentence? I could stomach the first two if it weren't for the last. That's just rude.
  • weedledeedleweedledeedle Posts: 8,669
    Forum Member
    I’m now sitting here writing, waiting for him to come back, looking out of the big glass doors to my little balcony, just as I peered round the curtains in Brixton in 1983.

eh?? How can she have big glass doors connected to a little balcony?? surely they would have to be the same size otherwise there would be a big gap at each end?!

Or maybe it's the large columns either side of the big glass doors that compensate for the small balcony?

Methinks she is living in the Tardis along with the soon to be regenerated Doctor Eleven ....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I’m now sitting here writing, waiting for him to come back, looking out of the big glass doors to my little balcony, just as I peered round the curtains in Brixton in 1983.

Only last week she was ''renting in Stockwell''. So, is it Stockwell, or is it Brixton?

With Liz I suppose it's wherever's trendiest at the time of writing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It might be make believe but some people will genuine believe her drivel as being the gospel truth and might even be influenced by what Liz Jones is claiming as her opinions. That's what's unsettling,

Me, I think Liz is mentally ill. Even if she's merely a professional troll you have to have some bad wiring in your brain to want to do that for a living. No sane person would write the Jo Yeates article LJ did, trolling or not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It wasn't make believe when she wrote About her mother even with a picture of her by the bedside. All about how she wants her to hurry up and die.
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Aside from the obscene financial reward she gets for penning shimmering drivel, it's that the make believe is sometimes stolen from what others have written or experienced. That and writing about others with scant regard for their feelings opr privacy: for example, she once referred to a wedding she'd attended that was easily identifiable by the crockery and noted that everyone but the bride knew the groom had slept with the best man. She's similarly hinted more than once that India Knight's estranged husband Jeremy Langmead could be gay. And then there's her poor mother...
  • SeabirdSeabird Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But, when she so freely mixes fact with fiction, such as the Diary which is meant to be a true account of her life then it does become a serious matter. Only her most devoted fans truly believed that the Rock Star was a real person, look at the current comments to the diary and they are still convinced it is poor Jim Kerr who she clearly modelled this fantasy man on. She is now writing about her 'new boyfriend' who is indeed real but that association is now impacting on his business partner who has had to put a disclaimer on their Facebook page. We always knew she was influenced by the Bridget Jones column, which was clearly stated as fiction, Liz has taken that idea and totally muddled fact and fiction causing distress to real people. Look back at this thread for clear examples.
  • jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    angst
    noun
    a feeling of deep anxiety or dread, typically an unfocused one about the human condition or the state of the world in general:
    informal: a feeling of persistent worry about something trivial

Nope. Doesn't cause me angst.

Mild despair, occasionally.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel sorry for David Scrace's business partner. Just from that one Facebook status update you can tell he's absolutely mortified at being connected to LJ and the Fail in any way. Poor sod.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    You may be interested to know that WAGfree Brixton is registered to an address in Esher (crucial!) where two of the majority shareholders live. Dscrace holds a nominal 5%... evidently not enough to make sure he gets to work on time...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm afraid I have got very much out of the Liz Jones loop. What happened to her milk business, in which the male cattle would be kept as pets until their natural death? Is it still a going concern? In fact was it ever?

Edit: seems to be still around. http://www.farmaround.co.uk/shop.php?item=8 Only one farm though, so the tiniest of tiny niche markets.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm afraid I have got very much out of the Liz Jones loop. What happened to her milk business, in which the male cattle would be kept as pets until their natural death? Is it still a going concern? In fact was it ever?

Edit: seems to be still around. http://www.farmaround.co.uk/shop.php?item=8 Only one farm though, so the tiniest of tiny niche markets.

Here too.

http://www.goodfoodnation.co.uk/cow-nation.php

http://www.goodfoodnation.co.uk/hen-nation.php

'Available from Selfridges & Co' and at double the price of ordinary milk it's a niche market all right.
    What do they feed them on? Gold plated grass and grain? :confused:
  • mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,592
    Forum Member
    Only last week she was ''renting in Stockwell''. So, is it Stockwell, or is it Brixton?

With Liz I suppose it's wherever's trendiest at the time of writing.

Chantrey Road is in SW9, so that would make it Stockwell. Brixton is SW2. This is according to Royal Mail postcodes.