Phone Contract price gone up? What to do?

2»

Comments

• jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Undoubtedly there is a principle here with contacts that should be fought but I feel this 46p is a typical. ..oh im going to try to get out my contact now so I can start another elsewhere with newer phone. You cant even buy a packet of super noodles for 46p

Tesco value noodles taste better.

But that's not the point! Unlike some i read my contracts before signing them so i'm fully aware of the fact that a network can increase my price at any time. Even over RPI increase if they want to (but at this point you need to be given sufficient 30 days notice and allowed to cancel). Sure maybe the price rise is only 50p or something but the fact is that networks and other companies are still allowed to do it.

My point is that they should not be allowed to write it in the terms and conditions. Especially when they're stopping downgrading and taking even more away from the consumer.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do agree it shouldn't be there in the first place.
  • Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't agree with these price increases.

Virgin Media seem to do it a lot and for a lot more money.

I guess it's written into the contract though so you won't be able to get out of it.

Maybe give the retentions team a ring and see what they can do saying you WILL be cancelling if you have this price increase when your contract comes to the end.