CoMux Local Transmitter Network Update

Comments

• kevkev Posts: 21,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mendip is now testing http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=71111916&postcount=44 with a photo from Made In Bristol ... https://twitter.com/madeinbristoltv/status/428684828897443840

So of those multiplexes (note, not local tv channels) which were supposed to come to air today (in the plan) we currently have the following

On Air
    *Sutton Coldfield
    *Mendip
    *Wenvoe
    *Black Hill (Glasgow)
    *Waltham

Broadcasting a blank carrier/null packets
    *Tacolneston

Unknown/Off Air
    Brierley Hill (reports of this possibly broadcasting a blank carrier/null packets)
    Whitehawk Hill
    Ilchester Crescent
    Kings' Weston
    Pontop Pike
    Nottingham
  • eladkseeladkse Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://twitter.com/hall_ed/status/428834217062309888

In response to Made In Bristol's photo:
    "Keep watching, next step is launch of Bonanza Bonanza on Ch 64. Then you can start checking coverage."
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    eladkse wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/hall_ed/status/428834217062309888

In response to Made In Bristol's photo:
    "Keep watching, next step is launch of Bonanza Bonanza on Ch 64. Then you can start checking coverage."

Also, confirmation that those two channels are temporary: https://mobile.twitter.com/hall_ed/status/428698196744093696?p=v
  • hartcliffehartcliffe Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    getting test 1 and test 2 from ilchester crescent now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Waltham is now carrying EPG data - "Test Transmission" being the programme on 791 and 792
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a test thing on Channel 791 for the Tyne and Wear area not broadcasting anything. 792 and 793 haven't appeared yet.
  • a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    I've had a report from North Wales indicating the test transmissions are already on at Llanddona.
  • deg625deg625 Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    There is a test thing on Channel 791 for the Tyne and Wear area not broadcasting anything. 792 and 793 haven't appeared yet.

Comux-Local tv tests are now transmitting from Pontop Pike .
    791 and 792 tests with bars and tone .
  • RaymondthebestRaymondthebest Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    I havent got it on my tv no 791 and 792 on sutton coldfield
    Forum Member
    I havent got it on my tv no 791 and 792
    Raymondthebest, which transmitter you on?
    Forum Member
    Sutton coldfield mate
    Forum Member
    Sutton coldfield mate

Looking at Kev's post earlier it mentions Sutton Coldfield as being on air, I tried re-tuning from Pontop Pike this morning and nothing, but when I tried after 4.30pm they were transmitting. hopefully someone on same transmitter as you can help.
    Forum Member
    The local mux was suppose to launch today but it has not
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I havent got it on my tv no 791 and 792 on sutton coldfield

Sutton Coldfield was one of the first one air.

Are you inside the city of Birmingham - the same frequency is used for local TV from Mendip, Wenvoe, and Oxford as well as a national multiplex from Sandy Heath, Nottingham and Derby so is restricted in those directions to protect those services (i.e. you should only expect a signal from Sutton Coldfield in Birmingham itself).
    The local mux was suppose to launch today but it has not
    The July 2013 plans indicated that the following transmitters would be on-air by today at the following 12 transmitters (plus Belmont which came on air in November)

Sutton Coldfield
    Ilchester Crescent
    Mendip
    Wenvoe
    Black Hill (Glasgow)
    Pontop Pike
    Waltham
    Brierley Hill (reports of this possibly broadcasting a blank carrier/null packets)
    Tacolneston (reports of this possibly broadcasting a blank carrier/null packets)
    Whitehawk Hill (no reports of a signal)
    Kings' Weston (no reports of a signal)
    Nottingham (no reports of a signal)

As of now test cards have been observed broadcasting from 7 sites, a signal of sorts from a further two sites, and there have been no reports of a signal from three (note this does NOT mean they are not yet on air - it just means no-one in the Digital Spy forums has observed tests - note the three with no reports are all relay sites so have fewer potential viewers). Also note that some of these have sprung into action today so it may be the other five have come on air properly too and we are waiting for members to get home to report on their status.

There has never been any confirmation of the air date for the national channels (although this is expected to be around the time of the Crystal Palace transmitter entering full service next month) and the local channels are free too choose there own air dates.
    Forum Member
    I live in castle bromwich which one i would come underneath then
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Nothing from Brighton (Whitehawk Hill yet).
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    a516 wrote: »
    I've had a report from North Wales indicating the test transmissions are already on at Llanddona.

I would be very surprised - that's a Phase 2 location for which the licence hasn't even been awarded yet!
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deg625 wrote: »
    Comux-Local tv tests are now transmitting from Pontop Pike .
    791 and 792 tests with bars and tone .

Think I missed it or its not picking up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    My standard rooftop aerial has tonight picked up 791 & 792 with Comux-local TV test test-card, with bouncing square and tone. That's on 754MHz from Pontop Pike. According to TSReader Lite, both video streams are 2.5Mbps.
  • richard_g_ukrichard_g_uk Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kev wrote: »
    And Waltham is now carrying EPG data - "Test Transmission" being the programme on 791 and 792

Sutton Coldfield also has EPG data.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Sutton Coldfield also has EPG data.

As does Pontop Pike, "Test Transmission" 0600-1800 and 1800-0600.
  • SpotSpot Posts: 25,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No change at Tacolneston - there is still a 'blank' carrier being transmitted (as it has been, as far as I have been aware, continuously since early December) but nothing to tune in to.
  • RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,945
    Forum Member
    PrinceGaz wrote: »
    My standard rooftop aerial has tonight picked up 791 & 792 with Comux-local TV test test-card, with bouncing square and tone. That's on 754MHz from Pontop Pike. According to TSReader Lite, both video streams are 2.5Mbps.

I am also picking up 791 and 792 on Ch 56 from Pontop Pike even though my aerials are all pointed at Bilsdale. Weak signal strength but pretty much clear - only an occasional artefact.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Digital UK Postcode checker was updated last week - shows in-service dates for the local multiplex from Nottingham and Waltham as being 10/02/2014 (tomorrow).

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker/main/trade/NG1+4BU/

(Interestingly the updated date still says 19 December, but the in service dates are new!)
  • RestorerRestorer Posts: 2,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kev wrote: »
    The Digital UK Postcode checker was updated last week - shows in-service dates for the local multiplex from Nottingham and Waltham as being 10/02/2014 (tomorrow).

Yup, checker now also showing launch of the new multiplex on Pontop Pike as 10 Feb 2014.