• davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    South Africa breaking all kinds of records here

AB 147* off 41 balls with 16 x 6 so far
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely insane batting. Records tumbling all over the place.
    De Villiers is unreal.

Looking forward to seeing 'Belly' plodding away again in our next game.
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Seems to be something about the Wanderers to cause all these records ;)
  • dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 16,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was some crazy batting from South Africa

West Indies not looking likely to threaten at 93/2 off 17 overs
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saw this on Cricinfo

The seemingly inexorable push towards playing a day-night Test this year continued at the MCG on Sunday, when Channel Nine and Cricket Australia conducted a broadcast trial with pink balls. Australia appear almost certain to host the inaugural day-night Test against New Zealand in November, with Adelaide Oval and Bellerive Oval in Hobart the most likely venues

It's coming.......

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/current/story/821899.html
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good half-centuries from Lyth and Rashid in the Lions match against a good South African attack. Seems this pitch has got more in it for all bowlers, let's see how we bowl on it.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm curious on Mark Wood.

When fit the guy was becoming a genius for Durham.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    I'm curious on Mark Wood.

When fit the guy was becoming a genius for Durham.

He really looks a talent, injuries are his main drawback.
  • ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    Amazing innings by AB, a pleasure to watch. I cant see this record being broken. A massive total by SA. Taking nothing away form from AB, but the WI attack was very poor.

Well done AB. A batsman at the top of the game.
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    India vs England, India won toss and elected to bat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First wicket down after 13 balls.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    India 77-5

England are playing well, India are playing like they want to get home quickly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    India 77-5

England are playing well, India are playing like they want to get home quickly.

They've still got another 6 weeks there :)

Only just switched on but it doesn't look like a bowler friendly pitch

137/7 with Finn getting 5
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did not expect to wake up this morning and see that we had bowled India out for 153

Looks like it's been an all round great performance
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blimey.......where's that come from !......:o

well done Finn, Jimmy, Bell and Taylor .......:)
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    not getting carried away about one game but i quite like the look of a bowling attack where we have finn and broad coming on as 1st and 2nd change

woakes has really started to live up to his potential in the last 6 months and having someone solid with the bat at #8 who is bowling pretty well with the new ball is a great asset to any side

Anderson looked superb today in his first competitive match for over 4 months

and with the ease we made the runs it showed that it wasn't just a helpful pitch but was in fact good bowling
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant from Finn. I'm guessing he is just left to do what he does best this time round.
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is it that when England win and certain players perform well....it is always quiet in here ? :)
  • sangrealsangreal Posts: 20,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it that when England win and certain players perform well....it is always quiet in here ? :)

Hehe :D

Great bowling from Finn & Anderson.
    Let's hope they're as equally effective against Aus....

India looked 3rd-rate. What's up with them?

So is this the team sorted for the World Cup now, or are we maybe missing a big hitter at the top of the order (Hales), and is Balance meant to be coming back, and if so, who for? Taylor?
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    sangreal wrote: »
    Hehe :D

Great bowling from Finn & Anderson.
    Let's hope they're as equally effective against Aus....

India looked 3rd-rate. What's up with them?

So is this the team sorted for the World Cup now, or are we maybe missing a big hitter at the top of the order (Hales), and is Balance meant to be coming back, and if so, who for? Taylor?

this team today will start the world cup I think

my only question was would we go with the 4 seamers or have tredwell in for finn but think today answered that
  • ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    Well played by England. I havent been watching Englands recent OD performances that closely, but what I have seen Finn has been ordinary. This is the first match he has done very well. I hope the selectors dont base their opinion on what happened in this match.

I have a feeling this is a one of for India. I cant imagine they will be this bad again. Everyone has a bad day at the office. However I hope I am wrong. :D
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    It's NOT going to be a repeat of the sunday wanderers epic in south africa. The windies are really struggling on 53-5 currently
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just been watching the Big Bash game from this morning and what an epic finish
    56 off the last 3 overs culminating with 2 fours off the last 2 balls
    Good entertainment
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eoin Morgan has been the victim of a blackmail plot over a relationship he had some time ago.

"However, Eoin Morgan has been embroiled in a bizarre case of an Australian man demanding £35,000 from the ECB otherwise he threatened to release "embarrassing" information about a relationship Morgan had with an Australian woman five years ago. Both were single at the time.

The plot came to light in the build-up to the one-day international against Australia in Hobart following an investigation by the Metropolitan Police and ECB staff with the squad in Australia. The man at the centre of the incident has been identified, and is the current partner of the woman Morgan dated, but no charges will be brought."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/carlton-mid-triangular-series-2015/content/current/story/822983.html
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone awake?

I wasn't planning on watching this but I found myself awake just after 3am so I thought I'd tune in for a few hours before work. I'm sure I'll regret is when I fall asleep at my desk this afternoon.

England need a decent start here.