Options

Forza 6

Comments

• Options
    smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I turned my xbox of in disgust:( Watched my external hdd light turn on, 2 blinks and then off, 2 blinks then of for 2 mins. Then it started blinking at full pelt. Then my hdd turned off. I thought the download was finished, booted up my xbox, only at 74%. So much for the power of the cloud.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone posted this in the forza forums -

First thing you do is drive the new Ford GT around Brazil Track
    Next Lime Rock Park (Day) in a VW Sciocco (need to finish 3rd or better)
    Next Yas Marina (Night) VW Sciocco (need to finish 3rd or better)
    Indi Brickyard in ... I forgot the car, one of those fast Formula cars! - This is a showcase Race
    Sebring International Raceway (Rain) in the VW Sciocco (need to finish 3rd or better)

You get the chance to use the Boost Packs
    You also get the chance to try out the prize spinner.

Ohh my hdd is blinking at full pelt again, here is hoping that it finishes for 5pm, if not i am going back to my bed.

Edit spoke too soon, hdd switches off again, powered up xbox, only at 83%. I can play some of the demo but i would rather have 100% d/l. Away of to my bed now:cry:
  • Options
    mw0390mw0390 Posts: 23,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this download is going up and down like a yoyo, got to 15% easilly then the download slowed right down, sped up again to 77% and has slowed right down again, come on i wanna play lol
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Its always been September and as far as I can remember with the exception of Forza 5 the Forza games have come out in either September or October.

I wonder if the December date was just a place holder from a shop

Quite possibly - cheers.
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spare a thought to me who only has 3MB, I'm hopeful I will get to play the demo some time next week.
  • Options
    cmooncmoon Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Demo is at 20% in my first hour.... 4hrs to go at this rate.... come on hurry up i'm desperate to play.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    Just played the first race at Rio. Circuit looks stunning.

Very disappointed the demo seems to have all assists on for first race including automatic breaking and no ability to turn them off??

Won't let me continue to second race as still downloading..........

Hopefully the next races you can change the assists.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got to 48% and managed 2 races before it went back to the installing screen, but you can turn off the assists to how you like, even turn the Drivatars difficulties up when you get to the 2nd race.

Really liked what I played of it, wish I could afford to buy the game when it comes out.
  • Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    scottkil wrote: »
    Just played the first race at Rio. Circuit looks stunning.

Very disappointed the demo seems to have all assists on for first race including automatic breaking and no ability to turn them off??

Won't let me continue to second race as still downloading..........

Hopefully the next races you can change the assists.

Once you have played the first race you can change the assists to something more to your taste.

Also once you have completed the demo challenges become available and you can run laps around any of the four tracks just for the fun of it.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suck at this, either Its because I haven't played a racing game in ages or it's actually pretty hard :)

Plus is there a point to the million credits I won in the random draw thing
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I was hoping to play the demo last night, but when I turned by Xbox on at 9pm to play after sending the game to download during the afternoon, I found that the console was actually downloading the full game and had only downloaded 300MB every hour while powered off.
    As soon as I powered on the console by download speed sped up.

I know it can be slower when powered off, but having only found the bandwidth stats yesterday it was shocking to see that I have been downloading 300 - 350 MB an hour when off and 7GB when on :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Away to have another shot of the demo and there is a 75mb update, for the demo.
  • Options
    Entropy_NebulaEntropy_Nebula Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An update for the demo? Fgs!

Will be giving it a whirl later
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Played the demo, very average graphics, poor. ;-)

Joke! Blown away if I'm honest, proof the Xbox One can be amazing in the right hands.

So impressed was I, I took a snapshot of the demos opening static screen and now using it as my dashboard background, with light blue transparent tiles, it looks pretty good :D
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I managed to play it last night. Looks and feels like it should, and the rain is going to take a little while to get used to. Especially when you go round a corner and hit a puddle that sends you off of the track. Getting back on the track is fun with no grip.
  • Options
    deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    I'm quite a noob with Forza - I've only just completed my first championship (the very first tile in the career mode! :blush: ) in Forza 5, and I only have 1 car (Audi A3 I think - well, its an Audi hatchback!)!!!! Got quite a few gold medals though....!!! I've only been playing Forza every now and again as find it quite boring just racing around the tracks against drivatars, night after night!!

Gonna download the demo tonight and see how it compares.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    deans6571 wrote: »
    I'm quite a noob with Forza - I've only just completed my first championship (the very first tile in the career mode! :blush: ) in Forza 5, and I only have 1 car (Audi A3 I think - well, its an Audi hatchback!)!!!! Got quite a few gold medals though....!!! I've only been playing Forza every now and again as find it quite boring just racing around the tracks against drivatars, night after night!!

Gonna download the demo tonight and see how it compares.

Give Forza 6 a try but I think you may possibly like Forza Horizon 2 more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gds1972 wrote: »
    Give Forza 6 a try but I think you may possibly like Forza Horizon 2 more.

...now I'm confused?! :confused:

Whats Forza Horizon 2?!

EDIT : ...just had a look - looks like its the same as Forza M but racing around actual roads in towns and cities as opposed to just racing on tracks.

Might see if there is a demo on the X1.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More open world, as you can cut across fields.
    It's based on skills and tricks like PGR and doesn't have the same focus on handling physics. (though still good)
    Bucket List challenges - Race against the clock, speed trap etc
    There's also races against planes, helicopters, trains and hot air balloons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deans6571 wrote: »
    ...now I'm confused?! :confused:

Whats Forza Horizon 2?!

EDIT : ...just had a look - looks like its the same as Forza M but racing around actual roads in towns and cities as opposed to just racing on tracks.

Might see if there is a demo on the X1.
    There's a demo for FH2 and Forza 6. Forza Horizon 2 is pretty good and should be fairly cheap now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    More open world, as you can cut across fields.
    It's based on skills and tricks like PGR and doesn't have the same focus on handling physics. (though still good)
    Bucket List challenges - Race against the clock, speed trap etc
    There's also races against planes, helicopters, trains and hot air balloons.
    Woodbine wrote: »
    There's a demo for FH2 and Forza 6. Forza Horizon 2 is pretty good and should be fairly cheap now.

...awesome - cheers guys
    :)
  • Options
    Entropy_NebulaEntropy_Nebula Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did the demo once through last night......thought it was good, loved the standing water on the wet Sebring round.

Anyone doing the Rivals challenge? Be good to have a bit of friendly comp...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Woodbine wrote: »

It's £25 on Amazon at the moment and I personally think it's well worth that.
  • Options
    Raven8472Raven8472 Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    Are people not seeing the nasty jaggies in the demo. Would have though some level of AA in the game to smooth things out .

Though i left those right angles back in the 00s.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did the demo once through last night......thought it was good, loved the standing water on the wet Sebring round.

Anyone doing the Rivals challenge? Be good to have a bit of friendly comp...

I don't mind giving it a go.

Does anyone fancy doing the mini (Demo game) rivals challenge using the Ford GT around Rio?

I have also noticed when lapping in Rio occasionally an airplane is coming into land over the water.