Pokemon X and Y

Comments

• hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Nintendo and game freak are pi**ed as the leaks and the early release of the game...There is a rumour going around that they are going to take legal action against the stores that gave the game out. Also they have called for a cease and desist of the game from people who have it early. They apparently want them to delete the game from the 3DS cartridge and for them to return the game to the store.

If that is true then Nintendo are taking this very seriously!
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That seems a bit OTT.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That seems a bit OTT.

To be fair, Gamefreak/Nintendo have invested a lot of time and money into ensuring a world wide release. I can imagine it is very frustrating for them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That seems a bit OTT.

they already sent out some cease and desist letters apparently one of the guys on instagram posted a picture saying 'Got Nintendo'd' which leads me to believe that there may be some truth in this rumour even if it isnt as dramatic.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Couldn't resist reading all the leaks and now I'm even more excited. Cannot wait until Saturday (or even possibly earlier if Amazon send it early).
    The strange thing is, although I know a lot already about the new Pokémon, I know very little indeed about the Kalos region and the story itself. When every other game was released, it had already been in Japan for months so I'd already had time to watch playthroughs and what-not. This time around, because of the worldwide release, I'm starting to explore a new region initially knowing very little about it. It's exciting. Roll on Saturday!

(I will be very annoyed indeed if Amazon don't send me it until Monday. I paid 1st Class to get it on Release Day, and if I don't get it on release day, I'll have to wait until Monday because there's no post on Sunday :mad:)

Oh and I'm still choosing Chespin. Don't understand why people dislike its final evolution.
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That seems a bit OTT.

It's happened before. Infact it happened back in 2010 to Serebii. To be honest I don't blame Nintendo/Gamefreak.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X, Y and the 2ds will make Nintendo millions..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pokemon never fails to make sales and for good reason!

Apparently this is the biggest game of the series so I'm very very excited :)
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Can't wait for this! Need to get myself a 3DS before then though... Any ideas where the best place to buy one might be? It's looking like Amazon at the moment.
  • vagbreathvagbreath Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got my dispatch email from tesco. Due to be dellivered "on or before" Thursday 10th. Oi oi! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for this! Need to get myself a 3DS before then though... Any ideas where the best place to buy one might be? It's looking like Amazon at the moment.

What kinda 3DS are you looking for normal or XL, there is a Pokemon one if you are a HUGE pokemon fan!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got an e-mail from Game to say the money has been taken. Expecting it to be dispatched tomorrow.

Bit worried about the size of the preorder Pokéball though! Would be well gutted if it didn't fit and I'd would have to pick it up at the post office :(!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Got an e-mail from Game to say the money has been taken. Expecting it to be dispatched tomorrow.

Bit worried about the size of the preorder Pokéball though! Would be well gutted if it didn't fit and I'd would have to pick it up at the post office :(!

Haha that is why im picking it up on saturday at my local GAME store, they said they will have the latest DVD there for like a £5 if you pre-ordered it as well as the guide book and accessories!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha that is why im picking it up on saturday at my local GAME store, they said they will have the latest DVD there for like a £5 if you pre-ordered it as well as the guide book and accessories!

I am so tempted by the guide book! I just don't know though... I'm a sucker for cosmetic, so would be gutted if I got a cute Pokémon and it evolved into an ugly mess :o:o
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also they have called for a cease and desist of the game from people who have it early. They apparently want them to delete the game from the 3DS cartridge and for them to return the game to the store.

And how are they going to enforce that?
    (I will be very annoyed indeed if Amazon don't send me it until Monday. I paid 1st Class to get it on Release Day, and if I don't get it on release day, I'll have to wait until Monday because there's no post on Sunday :mad:)

I'll be surprised if we don't get it on Saturday (I've preordered it on Amazon and also have it posted first-class) - I preordered HeartGold, White 1 and White 2 from them and got those on release day.
  • AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I finally have a 3DS (not the ugly 2DS), just waiting on the last piece of the puzzle.
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What kinda 3DS are you looking for normal or XL, there is a Pokemon one if you are a HUGE pokemon fan!

I have the yellow pikachu 3DS XL :-D
  • DragonicDragonic Posts: 2,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Extremely excited about this, got my 3DS last month for this game (Though Fire Emblem is flat out amazing).

Can't wait!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know its way early still but I keep checking my ShopTo order frantically, hoping its dispatched! xD
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got confirmation it has shipped! ahh! Should be here tomorrow! or Thursday at the latest. ahhh

Shipped Pokemon X New 3DS 1 £34.99
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Just got confirmation it has shipped! ahh! Should be here tomorrow! or Thursday at the latest. ahhh

Shipped Pokemon X New 3DS 1 £34.99

Awww awesome!! Where did you order yours from??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww awesome!! Where did you order yours from??

I preordered from Game. They always dispatch early, and I nearly always get the game before release day.

Just preordered the official guide via game. I did have it via Amazon, but they must be suffering stock shortages, as it says it wouldn't be here until next friday!
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MIne has been dispatched :):):)
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Since they're being dispatched now I think I'm going to pre-order it too, I just don't know if I should get X or Y. Is there an official list of version exclusives yet?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since they're being dispatched now I think I'm going to pre-order it too, I just don't know if I should get X or Y. Is there an official list of version exclusives yet?

Nope - and there won't be until it's released. There are already 2 or so exclusives revealed though:

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/20238/20131006/pokemon-x-or-y-version-exclusives-release.htm