Options

Amazon Trade In

frailfuryfrailfury Posts: 7,222
Forum Member
Just found out you can trade games in to Amazon and they will give you a gift voucher electronically.

They even give you a printable pre-paid label so it's free to send to them.

I have 3 games I was going to flog on play.com, but it's actually a little bit better and probably easier to send to Amazon!

Comments

• Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's the going rate like?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gormond wrote: »
    What's the going rate like?

Have a look. Do a normal search for a game you have, then when you're on the item, look at the right hand side and it should show a trade in price.

They would give me £20 for:

Enslaved
    Prison Break
    Alone in the Dark

I also don't have to pay postage to send them to them. Is that a good price?
  • Options
    Kopite79Kopite79 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'd get 22 pounds credit at CEX. If you get Gamestation to price match CEX they'll give you a pound more for each game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kopite79 wrote: »
    You'd get 22 pounds credit at CEX. If you get Gamestation to price match CEX they'll give you a pound more for each game.

Yeah but it'd cost about £3.50 to post to them meaning I get less than Amazon.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    frailfury wrote: »
    Yeah but it'd cost about £3.50 to post to them meaning I get less than Amazon.

I think the point is that if you get the quote from CEX, print it off and then Gamestation will give you more ... No postage needed !!
  • Options
    Kopite79Kopite79 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    I think the point is that if you get the quote from CEX, print it off and then Gamestation will give you more ... No postage needed !!

Exactly. Do this and you'll get 25 quid from Gamestation. Much better than Amazon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kopite79 wrote: »
    Exactly. Do this and you'll get 25 quid from Gamestation. Much better than Amazon.

But amazons much cheaper so amazon is better.

Anyway I find Asda give the best prices.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    N43 wrote: »
    But amazons much cheaper so amazon is better.

Anyway I find Asda give the best prices.

I think I'll go to Amazon.

I'll get £20 for Prison Break, Enslaved, and Alone in the Dark. That's good right?
  • Options
    TraceTTraceT Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    Just found out you can trade games in to Amazon and they will give you a gift voucher electronically

I've traded several games in to Amazon. They responded quite quickly too, within a matter of 2-3 days for what I sent.
    The gift voucher is by way of credit to your Amazon account that gets deducted off future purchases with them.
    The prices they offer do vary, so I often waited for a better/higher price on some games I traded in {I compared to what was offered on CEX}.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TraceT wrote: »
    I've traded several games in to Amazon. They responded quite quickly too, within a matter of 2-3 days for what I sent.
    The gift voucher is by way of credit to your Amazon account that gets deducted off future purchases with them.
    The prices they offer do vary, so I often waited for a better/higher price on some games I traded in {I compared to what was offered on CEX}.

If you sell things on Amazon as a seller, can you then spend the money you earn like on Play.com? You always used to have to transfer your funds.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If you sell things on Amazon as a seller, can you then spend the money you earn like on Play.com? You always used to have to transfer your funds.

It didn't work like that.
    "Trade-In titles are purchased by a third-party merchant" in partnership with Amazon.

The giftcard you earn by way of a credit, can only be used against future purchases with Amazon.

Have a look here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It didn't work like that.
    "Trade-In titles are purchased by a third-party merchant" in partnership with Amazon.

The giftcard you earn by way of a credit, can only be used against future purchases with Amazon.

Have a look here.

So what do you get a code to use, or does it prompt you to use it when you go to buy something? Do you HAVE to use it on your next purchase?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So what do you get a code to use, or does it prompt you to use it when you go to buy something? Do you HAVE to use it on your next purchase?

No code or anything as it's automatically added to your gift card balance.
    Your funds will automatically be applied to your next order.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No code or anything as it's automatically added to your gift card balance.
    Your funds will automatically be applied to your next order.

Oh really? So you're forced to use it when you next buy something then. Hmmm.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 305
    Forum Member

Why would you not use your amazon gift voucher for your next purchase???

I traded in a heap of games to amazon a few months back, probably could have got slightly more on ebay but it is simply not worth the extra hassle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thebladder wrote: »
    Why would you not use your amazon gift voucher for your next purchase???

I traded in a heap of games to amazon a few months back, probably could have got slightly more on ebay but it is simply not worth the extra hassle.

Did you just send them using the slip you print out, or did you send them recorded? Seems a bit risky sending them like this?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member

Although Amazon will apply the credit balance to pay your next order you can simply change this and opt to pay by credit/debit card etc. I had £30 sitting in Amazon credit and I placed several orders without using the credit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    Did you just send them using the slip you print out, or did you send them recorded? Seems a bit risky sending them like this?

Used the printed slip on a padded envelope for each game. The woman at the post office gave me a proof of postage receipt for each one. Vouchers were credited to my amazon account a few days later.