L32DLCD11 Problem .... Help ?

Gaz.BazGaz.Baz Posts: 1,878
Forum Member
✭✭✭
i have this tv/dvd combi in my bedroom,i bought it around 15 months ago from currys.

around 1 month ago i was watching tv and this screen popped up

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/Babbsy/580352_10151519606408164_1665656323_n.jpg

now the tv is only connected to a sky box and has never been used for freeview,i turned the tv off and it was gone

however i was abroad for a couple of weeks then and when i got back my mum had seen it when visiting my house that it had switched itself on and the screen was back

now it wont go away,i have tried unplugging it for hours,tried plugging it into freeview aerial,tried all the buttons etc but it just sticks on this screen trying to scan it gets to 100% then starts all over again,have searched and searched online and checked the tv manual but cant find anything relating to this problem.

any ideas? is it ready for the skip?

thanks

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the aerial (no such animal as a Freeview aerial by the way) connected directly or via the Sky box? If connected directly try plugging it into the Sky box RF in and connect the TV to either RF 1 or 2 out on the Sky box. Make sure that the Sky box modulator is switched on and the Sky box is tuned into a TV channel.

There is a chance this screen is the analogue tuning scan. This won't find anything anymore with the aerial connected directly as there are no analogue transmissions to receive. However the Sky box produces the equivalent of an analogue broadcast channel on the RF outs from whatever satellite channel it is tuned to. That should be detected by the TV and may well be enough to keep it happy.