Opera singer out of work after surgery left her unable to sing due to flatulence

UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/weird-news/opera-singer-out-of-work-after-surgery-left-her-unable-to-sing-without-farting-9080793.html
Opera singer Amy Herbst is suing after surgery that took place while she was giving birth left her with chronic flatulence.
Ms Herbst, who previously performed with the Nashville Opera Company, says she is now unable to work as a professional singer.
The complication arose after she was given an episiotomy during child birth. A nurse found that the tear had not healed properly leaving the mezzo-soprano with a "complete breakdown of the episiotomy and perineum", with "vagina and rectum are basically connected".
The problem may not be easy to fix either, with a surgeon telling Herbst that reconstructive surgery may not be enough to help her regain control, and further operations might be needed.
She has now filed a lawsuit, which states: "As a result of her incontinence and excessive flatulence, Herbst has been unable to work as a professional opera singer."

An unfortunate situation but at least she can now provide her own musical accompaniment.

Comments

• kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    How the fook have you done that??
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ib4 the shite jokes.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    German cows and now this, what's next? lol

• annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    what`s this code business?

[PHP]and what`s php?[/PHP]
    [PHP]prettys[/PHP]

ok i`m done messing.
  • UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoopsie, was swapping between forums and used the wrong BB code. Call it a brainfart.
    Opera singer Amy Herbst is suing after surgery that took place while she was giving birth left her with chronic flatulence.
    Ms Herbst, who previously performed with the Nashville Opera Company, says she is now unable to work as a professional singer.
    The complication arose after she was given an episiotomy during child birth. A nurse found that the tear had not healed properly leaving the mezzo-soprano with a "complete breakdown of the episiotomy and perineum", with "vagina and rectum are basically connected".
    The problem may not be easy to fix either, with a surgeon telling Herbst that reconstructive surgery may not be enough to help her regain control, and further operations might be needed.
    She has now filed a lawsuit, which states: "As a result of her incontinence and excessive flatulence, Herbst has been unable to work as a professional opera singer."
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bet her lawyer advised her to sue as soon as he got wind of this story.

What's the difference between a pun and a fart? Well, one is a shift of wit, the other....

Seriously though, poor woman. She's quite fit as well. Upon reading that she was an opera singer, I was expecting a stereotypically big, fat woman.
  • UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously though, poor woman. She's quite fit as well. Upon reading that she was an opera singer, I was expecting a stereotypically big, fat woman.
    Me too... hopefully her story isn't over until the fart lady sings.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have had to smile at some of these comments and had my own pun about her having an alternative career in the woodwind section but the poor woman must be going through hell. Sounds so painful it has me wincing and as for the embarrassment factor, jokes aside, I can hardly imagine.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would imagine that would be the end of her sex life at the moment unless her partner doesn't mind which end :o

Actually as a woman who had problems (nothing to this extent) after an episiotomy during childbirth we really shouldn't laugh but guess the puns are too easy to come in this story.

I was lucky all I needed was a minor op:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What's the difference between a pun and a fart? Well, one is a shift of wit, the other....

In truth that stopped being a stereotype a very long time ago...
  • WinterLilyWinterLily Posts: 6,304
    Forum Member
    twingle wrote: »
    I would imagine that would be the end of her sex life at the moment unless her partner doesn't mind which end :o

Actually as a woman who had problems (nothing to this extent) after an episiotomy during childbirth we really shouldn't laugh but guess the puns are too easy to come in this story.

I was lucky all I needed was a minor op:cool:

Poor woman! I understand her dilemma for I had problems following an episiotomy during childbirth. However, mine did heal eventually and luckily I am not an opera singer...or any type of singer come to that.

Minor op for me too did the trick.......:D:D
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's quite fit as well.

She looks deranged! :o
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She ought to. Something really stinks here ^_^
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,696
    Forum Member
    I know I shouldnt laugh but I did !!:D:D:D

Couldnt a discrete backstage fan remedy this problem?
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,478
    Forum Member
    It's made me think of Wagner's Ring Cycle in a whole new light.