Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nation wrote: »
    I was gonna refer you to Ozzy's post to Patrick but I see you already received one. You take offence to my opinion of premature meltdowns and childish antics yet respond and curse like a child?

LOL okay I shall leave you to have a think on that ;-)

You keep saying "premature meltdown" but answer me this, do you honestly think being concerned after waiting 2.5 years is "premature"? :blush:

What a joke. Other artists have been making things happen in the same time it's taken Alex to scrap 2 albums, release 2 low quality EPs and sign up to a theatre show that was already planned to close.

I don't think that's irrational at all. You've hardly been in this thread very long. Most of the members here have been following Alex for a very long time, we've seen it all, and at this stage, her career is nothing short of a train-wreck.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    I've said all I have had to say on the matter, I'm in FULL agreement with anyone who says await developments.

Premature meltdowns/cursing is NOT the way forward IMO and I shall leave it there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    You keep saying "premature meltdown" but answer me this, do you honestly think being concerned after waiting 2.5 years is "premature"? :blush:

What a joke. Other artists have been making things happen in the same time it's taken Alex to scrap 2 albums, release 2 low quality EPs and sign up to a theatre show that was already planned to close.

I don't think that's irrational at all. You've hardly been in this thread very long. Most of the members here have been following Alex for a very long time, we've seen it all, and at this stage, her career is nothing short of a train-wreck.

Thats interesting you mention 2.5 years, because as frustrating as that feels for us fans can you imagine how that must feel for Alexandra? it doesn't even compare because we all can go off to other artists but this is her career/life/bread winner.

This is EXACTLY why I prefer to await developments as NONE of us are privy to why she may have parted company with KWL (as may be the case), for all we know she could have new management lined up going forward etc. The point I'm trying to make is things are happening in the background and the removal from KWL could be the first of many phases. Like I said, await developments because IMO this is a new era after the BG (HOH is long dead & buried) so the developments taking place could the process that she is under before things develop, be that music or another adventure into performing arts etc.

I've always been of the opinion that music will be the first choice as long as she potentially has the opportunity but I'm aware she may take other routes to diversify her talents if required as when it's all said & done, we all got bills to pay. Thats how I see it & it wouldn't shock me if she remained in threatre...but again we shall see.

We could have news on the horizon soon. The only thing messy about the the KWL website change is the meltdown "she's done", "no1curr" along with the cursing which is so NOT needed IMO.

No amount of frustration you or anyone feels will amount to how Alexandra must feel if her desire to do music is just not presenting the opporunties she may like. That's why I say remain calm & await developments because our frustration will NEVER compare if thats the case.

Thats my view on the issue!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's why I say remain calm & await developments because our frustration will NEVER compare if thats the case.

That would be all well and good, if she was actually letting us know what is going on.

The fact that we're having to find these things out by ourselves after years of waiting is a disgrace, and frankly, at this stage it just shows she doesn't value her fans at all.

She's not even open about what is happening. She just presents her fans with a wall of silence.

It's no wonder her latest iTunes release flopped. Why wait around for Alex to release a song like WDHG, when you could spend your money on an artist that actually wants to release something and connect with fans.

Leona wrote a letter which made up for all the waiting during her time at Syco. Alex has told us nothing. She hasn't even apologised for telling us the US launch was a go, then jumping into the BG. One minute she wants to do singing, then suddenly she's an actress wanting to crack Hollywood.

It's a mess and saying "await developments" is a farce at this point. What do you think her fans have been doing for the past nearly 3 years?

Stop trying to make it a pity party for Alex. She's had more chances than most to make it work, but I'm starting to think that she's her own worst enemy.
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Preach it Zack, couldn't have said it better!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    Preach it Zack, couldn't have said it better!

It's sad it has come to this, because Alex is so talented. Yeah she has had her fair share of bad luck, but she keeps getting new opportunities and somehow they all manage to get screwed up.

There comes a point when you start to ask, is it really backstage politics to blame, or Alex herself.

KWL is just the latest in this saga, and yet again the fans are the last to know.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's sad it has come to this, because Alex is so talented. Yeah she has had her fair share of bad luck, but she keeps getting new opportunities and somehow they all manage to get screwed up.

There comes a point when you start to ask, is it really backstage politics to blame, or Alex herself.

KWL is just the latest in this saga, and yet again the fans are the last to know.

This is exactly what I thought. Maybe Alex is the issue.
  • Options
    pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but does anyone actually read Nation/David's essays? You've been posting on this thread for a few months and you're insulting and belittling people like Zack and shoed who have been here since part 1?! Anyway I've stopped properly stanning for Alex since bodyguard was announced and it makes life less stressful lmao! Her US plans are obviously done so all we can probably hope for are a low budget UK album,west end shows and possibly a reality show (Strictly if she's lucky)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is exactly what I thought. Maybe Alex is the issue.

Exactly, just look at Kevin and Jojo's track record. Kanye, Jay-Z, Estelle, Trey Songz, Young Jeezy and more.

And yet they couldn't make it work for Alex? Hmm. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That would be all well and good, if she was actually letting us know what is going on.

The fact that we're having to find these things out by ourselves after years of waiting is a disgrace, and frankly, at this stage it just shows she doesn't value her fans at all.

She's not even open about what is happening. She just presents her fans with a wall of silence.

It's no wonder her latest iTunes release flopped. Why wait around for Alex to release a song like WDHG, when you could spend your money on an artist that actually wants to release something and connect with fans.

Leona wrote a letter which made up for all the waiting during her time at Syco. Alex has told us nothing. She hasn't even apologised for telling us the US launch was a go, then jumping into the BG. One minute she wants to do singing, then suddenly she's an actress wanting to crack Hollywood.

It's a mess and saying "await developments" is a farce at this point. What do you think her fans have been doing for the past nearly 3 years?

Stop trying to make it a pity party for Alex. She's had more chances than most to make it work, but I'm starting to think that she's her own worst enemy.

Looking forward, how do you know an announcement isn't on the horizon? Because one fan noticed she was off the site. For all we know there could be legal/red tape upon any potential departure that could be preventing an announcement! Think fit from a logical aspect here, not the view from a fan who is not involved in the matter involving the removal. All about perspective !

Personally, I think a blog updating us is due post BG. She has had her time out since it's finale and could be on the cusp of doing so. Again, we don't know what's happening so to judge & meltdown is as just premature at this stage,

This isn't a "pity party boo hoo feel for Alex, drop spare change in a hat when you get a chance" ... You or I are not aware of the potential politics at play. So again, how can you or any declare what is a disgrace when you don't know the full dynamics? Again, keep calm! I'm NOT excusing her for mistakes she has made because WDHG and the poor ep's were just that, poor! However, I'm prepared to look beyond from a clean slate & await development POST BG , be that music or other routes. HOH/ NR & WDHG are all past chapters so it's all about what happens now & going forward. You can bring those up all you want but most artists have moments where they have bumps in the road,

You can state how long you waiting til the cows come home but again, our frustration will mean nothing if she is not being able to do what she is hoping to do. I'm willing to give time to see if developments occur very soon to provide clarity of her next steps POST BODYGUARD!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I actually think post BG she has done okay in keeping us informed with what she's up to. She's been keeping up appearances at various events while recording some TV shows which will soon be available for us to see. Again, most of us said we don't expect much to happen during latter 2014 so with that in mind, we are about on par with that.

There is obviously some sort of transition ongoing so I'm intrigued to see how that unfolds. Unless some expected her to announce on twitter " hey guys, just changing management so I shall update you soon while amicable discussions take place" - that's not how to conduct business.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think post BG she has done okay in keeping us informed with what she's up to. She's been keeping up appearances at various events while recording some TV shows which will soon be available for us to see. Again, most of us said we don't expect much to happen during latter 2014 so with that in mind, we are about on par with that.

There is obviously some sort of transition ongoing so I'm intrigued to see how that unfolds. Unless some expected her to announce on twitter " hey guys, just changing management so I shall update you soon while amicable discussions take place" - that's not how to conduct business.

I think you know that's a lie. We have no idea she's appearing at events until after they've happened.

The TV situation is even worse, she never tweets about her appearances on TV anymore so we have no idea when to watch out for her.

Paul who used to post on this thread and used to upload all of Alex's TV appearances just gave up doing it, because she started just appearing on shows without even telling fans about it, so the opportunity to catch her was missed.

Then there's all the meets she seems to be having with Tweam that she doesn't tell her "other fans" about. That's not how to conduct business.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm referring to POST BG Zack! I'm not defending her for when she slacked beforehand.

Since BG, looking back at Facebook, Twitter & Instagram from recent times she has been showing pics of her at Pride of Britain, life style awards while tweeting she recorded the chase and I think briefly mentioned the family show that has been recorded. If the televised dates haven't been confirmed then she can't announce. If she doesn't when confirmed then that will be silly of her.
  • Options
    beastieletsgobeastieletsgo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its definitely something to do with alex or alex herself. No one in the space of 3 years can go from 2 record labels to a management team to nothing without her doing something.

Tbh none of us would really be arguing if alex came out and actually talked about the situation, instead of us investigating for new.
  • Options
    volume3dvolume3d Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yaaaas! meltdowns in this thread always give me life!
    sad to hear about KLWQ /or whatever/ news and embarrassing to see Alex's family member AGAIN rude towards 2 huge fans who are the ones with most 'longevity' on online boards/forums/sites between all Alexandra's fans that post online (worldwide) and who are here for Alex since day 1 of her career

dont know what is next for alex, it looks like in her case releasing good song (or any song) is like science fiction right now...something must be wrong, I can't believe she's loosing this type of stuff all the time (management, label...) yet she's so talented plus she looks good....we need some insider info
  • Options
    Forum Member
    volume3d wrote: »
    yaaaas! meltdowns in this thread always give me life!
    sad to hear about KLWQ /or whatever/ news and embarrassing to see Alex's family member AGAIN rude towards 2 huge fans who are the ones with most 'longevity' on online boards/forums/sites between all Alexandra's fans that post online (worldwide) and who are here for Alex since day 1 of her career

dont know what is next for alex, it looks like in her case releasing good song (or any song) is like science fiction right now...something must be wrong, I can't believe she's loosing this type of stuff all the time (management, label...) yet she's so talented plus she looks good....we need some insider info

Since when am I related to Alexandra??? Lmao bloody hell!

those were quite clearly cheap jibes because I disagreed with the meltdowns. Only thing embarrassing is you not reading properly but commenting false sentences!
  • Options
    volume3dvolume3d Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since when am I related to Alexandra??? Lmao bloody hell!

those were quite clearly cheap jibes because I disagreed with the meltdowns. Only thing embarrassing is you not reading properly but commenting false sentences!

Since you were born I guess

I cant read your gigantic post, even your tweets are hard to 'read' so I'll pass

Oh god how I miss poptrash Broken heels and Start without you Alex right now
    Red One needs to sign her with his flop label, probably she wont release albums (like Porcelain Black) but we can get some amazing stuff leaked just like in PB's case
  • Options
    Forum Member
    volume3d wrote: »
    Since you were born I guess

I cant read your gigantic post, even your tweets are hard to 'read' so I'll pass

Oh god how I miss poptrash Broken heels and Start without you Alex right now
    Red One needs to sign her with his flop label, probably she wont release albums (like Porcelain Black) but we can get some amazing stuff leaked just like in PB's case

LOL okay then! Please do continue with your idiotic posts, I'll won't be wasting anymore time on you!

Back to the discussion thread!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm referring to POST BG Zack! I'm not defending her for when she slacked beforehand.

Since BG, looking back at Facebook, Twitter & Instagram from recent times she has been showing pics of her at Pride of Britain, life style awards while tweeting she recorded the chase and I think briefly mentioned the family show that has been recorded. If the televised dates haven't been confirmed then she can't announce. If she doesn't when confirmed then that will be silly of her.

So am I, I thought that was obvious. When she did that promo tour on TV for BG, she didn't give any information about the appearances she was making.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So am I, I thought that was obvious. When she did that promo tour on TV for BG, she didn't give any information about the appearances she was making.

I agree with you during the show she should've done better!
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Shoed wrote: »
    k david hun
    no1curr for your sister anymore anyway, not even kwl :'( lmao plz

Omygod Danny! I'm done lmao

(Seriously this is baaaad)

((Also told y'all Nation was David in disguise))
  • Options
    NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hot mess in the thread

Alex does need to inform fans more so so messy. At least Jojo was real with her sh*t she admitted for years that she was legally blocked by a label

Mess. How can she expect for fans to stick around when barely anything gets through!

It's so sad we've had to wait for two years without realistic news yes in america we got "snippets" but where art thou label info, I'm tired so so tired
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Niiiiiiik wrote: »
    Hot mess in the thread

Alex does need to inform fans more so so messy. At least Jojo was real with her sh*t she admitted for years that she was legally blocked by a label

Mess. How can she expect for fans to stick around when barely anything gets through!

It's so sad we've had to wait for two years without realistic news yes in america we got "snippets" but where art thou label info, I'm tired so so tired

On your last post about label, that's why I don't think she is signed! Who can possibly years without not one press release regarding a label since leaving RCA? That to me shows there is no label IMO.

That's why I have said in the past, until I see a official press release I will go under the assumption that she is unsigned
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Omygod Danny! I'm done lmao

(Seriously this is baaaad)

((Also told y'all Nation was David in disguise))

Well shoed went on to contradict himself the next post by saying "no1curr" yet declaring he does care after I questioned why you post here if "no1curr" for Alexandra! Yeah, backtracking like he did regarding the BG, sums him up so yeah crack on!

I couldn't give a flying f*** who people think I am because I present a contrasting perspective to a discussion forum. Because I prefer to remain calm and not resort to playground insults & jibes while being petty & shady = YOU MUST BE DAVID IN DISGUISE! This is a forum, not a masquerade ball - grow up & accept ppl have different views

As much as I've disagreed with him, I have to respect zack06 for the way he engages to my posts with constructive replies, he also makes some valid points. That's what a forum is about - constructive discussion & debate, not rounding up like a bunch of hyenas when somebody doesn't agree.

That's why this thread is a mess, some of you need to really grow up. Respect to those that engage properly - there are a good few of you out there! So it's only fair to acknowledge you too.
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    jpl back on the scene lmaooooooooo