EE- why was Ronnie cold towards Alfie?

danp13danp13 Posts: 144
Forum Member
Am I forgetting something? When Ronnie bumped into Kat the other day outside No 43, and Kat told her that Alfie had managed to secure them a place to live, Ronnie congratulated Alfie but in a cold way as though there was hostility between them... I can't remember him personally doing anything to Ronnie? The last time I remember them all having a scene together, it was Ronnie booting them out of the Vic so surely they should hold it against HER.

Comments

• OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member
    Probably because of what he did to Roxy? Getting married to her and ditching her for Kat five minutes later.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Probably because of what he did to Roxy? Getting married to her and ditching her for Kat five minutes later.

I think that is why, also if Roxy can forgive him, why cant Ronnie?
  • danp13danp13 Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    Oh yeah! I had completely forgotten lol
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Everybody's different.

Though it has to be said that she's got a bit of a cheek having an attitude with him about anything after what she did to Kat and him re Tommy! But this is soapland, lol!
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member

It's not so much about forgiveness, there's a lot of history between Ronnie and Kat and Alfie. It's just good continuity for there to be a certain hostility there. It's not like she was being nasty to Alfie. She was being nice and congratulating him, but just wasn't overly friendly about it.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're the same towards one another. Civil and getting along but not going out of their way to be overly nice because there's so much bad history between them.
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member

Because Ronnie cares about Roxy more than Roxy does.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because Ronnie cares about Roxy more than Roxy does.

"SHE'S MAAAA SISTEHHHHHH!!!!!!"
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I imagine she was disappointed at not getting the opportunity to snatch Bernie and Ernie. After all Ronnie has a tendency to lose her babies, so one needs to think ahead in these situations.
  • D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danp13 wrote: »
    Am I forgetting something? When Ronnie bumped into Kat the other day outside No 43, and Kat told her that Alfie had managed to secure them a place to live, Ronnie congratulated Alfie but in a cold way as though there was hostility between them... I can't remember him personally doing anything to Ronnie? The last time I remember them all having a scene together, it was Ronnie booting them out of the Vic so surely they should hold it against HER.

I thought this was odd. As the last time they actually had a scene wasn't when she booted them out the Vic but when she left and got into his taxi - he was driving it illegally and when she found out instead of grassing him up she turned a blind eye for him and told him to carry on driving her to the airport.
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    D.DotA wrote: »
    I thought this was odd. As the last time they actually had a scene wasn't when she booted them out the Vic but when she left and got into his taxi - he was driving it illegally and when she found out instead of grassing him up she turned a blind eye for him and told him to carry on driving her to the airport.

Ronnie wanted to get out of the square asap, it would have been too much hassle for her to take the time to report him and then have to find another driver to take her.

I think their relationship makes sense. I think Ronnie and Kat understand each other on some level and Kat did forgive her and was the only to see her be released from prison, we know Alfie couldn't stand her while he was with Roxy. A lot of close family members tend to hold a grudge against the partner who hurt their family even when that person had moved on. It's just a part of how protective Ronnie is. To be honest, if Alfie did that to my sister, then I wouldn't be throwing my arms round him to congratulate him either. (Maybe to throttle him though ;-))
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What Ronnie did was way worse and I can't find parent in real life who would forgive, forget and want to see them on a daily basis and live in the same area as them but as it' soap land some how Ronnie has the lead on holding grudges against the people whose's lives she wrecked some messed up shizz there.
  • D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    Ronnie wanted to get out of the square asap, it would have been too much hassle for her to take the time to report him and then have to find another driver to take her.

No. You could tell it was a genuine act of kindness. She wasn't in a hurry to leave she wasn't running from anyone.
  • NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but remember high and mighty, whiter than white, never does anything wrong in his life ALFIE "hypocrite" MOON also never forgave her for taking Tommy and putting her baby James in his cot.

Alfie is a useless hypocritical sack of shit!
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love for Tommy and Ronnie to share a scene one day.

Ronnie: Tommy, what are you doing on your own?
    Tommy: I can't find my mummy.
    Ronnie: Let me walk you home.
    Tommy: Okay then. By the way, do I know you?
    Ronnie: Um, I don't think so.
    Tommy: I'm sure I've met you before.
    Ronnie: No.
    Tommy: You just seem familiar for some reason.
    Ronnie: Okay, fine, I snatched when you were a baby and swapped you with my dead baby.
    Tommy: Cool. You mind snatching Ernie and Bernie for me? Plonkers are taking all the attention from me.
    Ronnie: Sure.
    Forum Member
    D.DotA wrote: »
    No. You could tell it was a genuine act of kindness. She wasn't in a hurry to leave she wasn't running from anyone.

She didn't seem like she wanted to stick around for very long though. :) I mean, she didn't even wait to tell Roxy what was going on regarding her pregnancy and that she needed to get away. And, also she said to Phil about how bad things turned out for her in the square and how she needed a fresh start with her baby to make it work. I don't think she was intending to return, if it weren't for Peggy insisting she and the other Mitchell relative (mind's gone blank :D) returned for the wedding. I don't think she particularly cared about why Alfie was driving the taxi or whether he was legal to as long as someone drove her to the airport.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »

Ronnie: Okay, fine, I snatched when you were a baby and swapped you with my dead baby.
    Tommy: Cool. You mind snatching Ernie and Bernie for me? Plonkers are taking all the attention from me.

definitely a contender for scene of the year

lol
  • Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Haha :D

Ronnie will never really forgive Alfie for walking out on Roxy, even though Roxy told him to go as she knew Alfie was lying to himself and to her. Ronnie wanted Roxy and Alfie apart but on her terms.

Alfie will never forgive Ronnie for snatching Tommy. Aside from the time they missed, the suffering they went through, he probably sees it as the point that his and Kat's relationship started to go downhill, because unlike the viewers, he can't blame Bryan Berkwood for destroying the show and turning Kat into a slapper.

They were civil, and I didn't notice anything untoward from either side. Ronnie didn't really know where to put herself; it was Kat that started the conversation.

With how badly/unsympathetically Alfie has been written lately, I was half expecting him to tell Ronnie to get away from Kat.
    Forum Member

Knowing soap logic, that probably wouldn't be too far off the mark for future scenes. :D
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    Mel94 wrote: »
    Knowing soap logic, that probably wouldn't be too far off the mark for future scenes. :D

Haha, and knowing soaps it will probably happen in a couple of months when Tommy is SORASed to age 12 :D
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not surprised she's cold towards him, her insurance premiums will rocket having a known criminal scumbag attempted murderer arsonist living next door.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    I don't think she was being cold towards Alfie. I read it as an awkwardness between them where she was congratulating him but not knowing how forthcoming to be about it, gien the whole history between them.
    I thought it was more just a mutual awkwardness.
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    danp13 wrote: »

She was not cold, her and Charlie were not in the mood because of Nick. Did not see the problem its not like she would have been all bubbly and happy anyway.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's going to be so difficult for Tommy having his most favourite, most competent, and all around superior parent living next door to him.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ronnie is a deep one