Midsomer Murders

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone else watching it tonight? Total gorefest. The headless corpses (and the heads!) are pretty ghoulish :eek:

Excellent cast, too. :D

Comments

• deano0501deano0501 Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know...

when that first came out on the Ghost Train :rolleyes: and now the head on the table.

Who do you think's done it? My money's on the guy in the wheelchair. I think he's playing on his disability. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deano0501 wrote: »
    I know...

when that first came out on the Ghost Train :rolleyes: and now the head on the table.

Who do you think's done it? My money's on the guy in the wheelchair. I think he's playing on his disability. :cool:

I think so, too. Him or his mousey carer ;)
  • FreddiePFreddieP Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Its been very bloody tonight, I bet this one won't be shown in the afternoon teatime slot!

I think it might be the carer or the man in the wheelchair. The person doing it looks quite small, and she does too, plus she must be strong, she lifted him up to bed!
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I se in the papers today that Tom's cousin is going to be the new Midsomer policemen when Tom retires.

Excellent. I love Neil Dudgeon.

The feller playing the vicar tonight is really good.
  • deano0501deano0501 Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deano0501 wrote: »
    My money's on the guy in the wheelchair.

See, this is why I don't play poker. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah great episode.
    Gunna miss Nettles when he goes, but the new guy seems really good anyway.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Discharging a firearm (three times) once at a car when there was someone in it and no arrest?
    I'm willing to "suspend belief" about all the "swordplay" but that was beyond belief.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed it. They used the same restaurant as the one in Pie in the Sky.

Mark Gattiss (Vicar) is a fab actor. :)
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great barking fun! :)

Yep Pie in the Sky was my first thought when I saw that off street location.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The woman who lost her head, was her shop the same place as the "Pie In The Sky" restaurant? The location looked as if it was, anybody know?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spiderpig wrote: »
    The woman who lost her head, was her shop the same place as the "Pie In The Sky" restaurant? The location looked as if it was, anybody know?

oh bu**er!
  • ShuttermazeShuttermaze Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed it. They used the same restaurant as the one in Pie in the Sky.

Mark Gattiss (Vicar) is a fab actor. :)

Ahh, I'm glad it wasn't just me that noticed that. Hubby wasn't sure it was, but I can gloat now. lol

Great episode tonight, loved the line about the beheading on the ghost train, "Best put it down to a shaving accident then" (or something like that).

I hope they keep Jason Hughes on as Ben Jones when Neil Dudgeon takes over.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The hotel bits were filmed in the Old High Street part of Hemel Hempstead, Herts.

Neil Dudgeon is great too! Good choice casting people!:D
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I didn't watch but my mum did, she seemed to enjoy it. Just one thing - is it shown every week or every two weeks?
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Really good episode tonight after some lacklustre instalments in the past few months.

Loved the beheadings, and a great guest cast - Saskia Reeves, Janet Suzman, Lucy Cohu, Mark Gattiss, Tim McInnerny and Baz from Casualty!
    It suppose it makes sense that Sakia Reeves was the killer seeing as she's an actress who doesn't normally appear in mainstream shows like MM - there had to be some incentive for her to take the part. :D
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was better than it has been lately and funnier too. Ben Jones is getting more stroppy! Glad there wasn't too much Joyce!
  • StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, Gill.

The new Inspector Barnaby had some great lines, so I hope the writers keep this up when he takes over:D
  • Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Neil Dudgeon was great, had the Barnaby family dry humour.

I liked the way his sidekick moved up a notch and got a sidekick of his own as well. :D
  • jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    That was a bloody big sword, it was a wonder she could lift it, let alone wield it !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Midsomer Murders on Itv iplayer
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Midsomer Murders on Itv iplayer

As far as I know, none of this series have been on iplayer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabegy wrote: »
    That was a bloody big sword, it was a wonder she could lift it, let alone wield it !

It was all that working out at the gym that she did - it was mentioned how she was built like a pit bull. Also she had no problems carrying Richard upstairs from his wheelchair so I doubt that the sword was a problem for her.

Where have I seen the guy from the couple who conned the sword from the old man before?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=vidalia;38418597

Where have I seen the guy from the couple who conned the sword from the old man before?[/QUOTE]

He was in Shameless for the first couple of seasons and he has also starred in Brookside.
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What with all the chopping of heads off. I was expecting the woman at the end to say "There can be only one"

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Espresso wrote: »

The feller playing the vicar tonight is really good.

He was really good in Nighty Night