Options

Zendaya and Val appreciation thread

Comments

• Options
    dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    Oh and Carrie Ann confirmed yesterday that Z is indeed the highest scorer of the season.
    And I agree with you sm Aly is a sweetheart :).

I think that tweet meant as to the final - Zendaya had 95 and Kellie had 94.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Z, i just watched their last interview together and they were dancing hip hop and she had a terrible wardrobe malfunction but like a pro she kept her composure and kept going but the microphone kept being tangled in her dress :(:(:( Arghhhh !!!!

Just seen it & i'd say she took control & val just followed her lead after he picked up the mike pack, it was shame as up til that point they were brilliant & would like to have seen them full out in whole dance.
    Loved her choice of outfit, nice to see her looking more girly when not in formal dwts costumes. :):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel like tweeting this pic to all the Kellie/Derek fans who were giving Val such grief yesterday about being a sore loser & having a problem with Derek winning - really looks like that when they all out partying together last night!! ;):D
    http://instagram.com/p/ZpYlW4yQIe/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member

That girl has got her head firmly on her shoulders. Love ;)what she says about Val.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I feel like tweeting this pic to all the Kellie/Derek fans who were giving Val such grief yesterday about being a sore loser & having a problem with Derek winning - really looks like that when they all out partying together last night!! ;):D
    http://instagram.com/p/ZpYlW4yQIe/

Derek fans are just...:mad: no words. Anyway Val being dissappointed is normal...the man is human and he isn't one to disguise his true feelings. I don't think he was ever disrespectful to Kellie or Derek in their win.

To not have the win...I think he can deal with...but under the circumstances with the voting. I would be beyond pissed and would never know what could have happened if the website worked.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Also the Derek fans (the fanatical ones) can go kick rocks for a couple of reasons:

Their active campaign to discredit the talents of Zendaya throughout the entire season...believing firmly that the show was practically designed, set up and rigged for her to win. And now that they've got the result that they wanted everyone should just shrug their shoulders and ignore the voting fiasco.

I never believed the show was rigged. My frustration is how ABC handled the voting problem. There was no clear message to everyone about the problem...whether it was going to be fixed etc. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth with how poorly they addressed and dealt with the problem.

That is taking nothing away from Kellie. I can live with the result because IMO she had the best freestyle. And just based on that she could have won if there wasn't a voting problem.

I just wish these salty Derek fans would just enjoy their win. Give Z & V fans a chance to feel dissappointed. We will get over it....clearly Val & Zendaya are as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valc_fan wrote: »
    That girl has got her head firmly on her shoulders. Love ;)what she says about Val.

She is truly amazing & i cant wait to see how her career develops. You can see their relationship is so genuine & i love how open they are about what working together has taught both them & i have no doubts they will be friends for quite some time. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Derek fans are just...:mad: no words. Anyway Val being dissappointed is normal...the man is human and he isn't one to disguise his true feelings. I don't think he was ever disrespectful to Kellie or Derek in their win.

To not have the win...I think he can deal with...but under the circumstances with the voting. I would be beyond pissed and would never know what could have happened if the website worked.

I stayed offline yesterday after saw Vals tweet as feared i would react to some of these idiots who were abusing him.
    Its ridiculous just coz he didnt tweet congratulations so Dereks fans could see it, i mean they were together on a plane & then on live TV & out celebrating - the latter not going to happen if either had problem with each other!!

Val being the perfectionist that he is will want to win anything he is involved in & to be honest Jacoby was the one who seemed to react more to his scores/result yet he got none of the grief. To me its Derek/Kellie fans trying to deflect that they know the win is tainted because of voting fiasco! :rolleyes::mad:
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    I think that tweet meant as to the final - Zendaya had 95 and Kellie had 94.

Going to the finale Kellie's average was 26.8 and Z's 26.7 with 1 point difference. Now at the finale , Z was at the top of the leaderboard.
    So all in all they both have the same amount of points as the serie ended. Z was clearly the best all-around dancer and this time the best dancer didnt win.
    Not to take anything away from kellie because she was a good dancer but compared to Z, she wasnt the best :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to hear her talk about Val, I hope these 2 continue their friendship = beautiful :).

And she is so well-spoken. My favorite line " too nice is not going to get me anywhere " .

http://www.dis411.net/2013/05/23/video-zendaya-interviewed-by-the-huffpost-live-may-23-2013/

Oh and she said no to the Allstars, not surprised. I think she will become too big of a star by that time :cool:.
    That girl was a very good interviewer :).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to hear her talk about Val, I hope these 2 continue their friendship = beautiful :).

And she is so well-spoken. My favorite line " too nice is not going to get me anywhere " .

http://www.dis411.net/2013/05/23/video-zendaya-interviewed-by-the-huffpost-live-may-23-2013/

Oh and she said no to the Allstars, not surprised. I think she will become too big of a star by that time :cool:.
    That girl was a very good interviewer :).

Thanks for the link. She is such a delightful girl with a great head on her shoulders. Agree that Abby is a terrific interviewer.

She didn't actually say no to Allstars. She said she didn't know, but by that time she will probably doing some other stuff, and maybe be on tour somewhere.

My favorite line was her slogan, DFTS, Don't Forget to Smile. She says just the act of smiling is beneficial. btw if anyone doesn't watch her interview, her line about "too nice isn't going to get me anywhere," she was referring to when the DWTS producer asked her what kind of partner she wanted. She wanted someone who was going to be tough on her, to get the best out of her. That's the context of "too nice" (of a partner) wasn't going to get her anywhere.

Her biggest role models? Her parents! She self-identifies as "a good kid" with a positive viewpoint, and that by itself is a great role model for others of all ages! Very mature for her age. She's got a very bright future indeed.
    Going to the finale Kellie's average was 26.8 and Z's 26.7 with 1 point difference. Now at the finale , Z was at the top of the leaderboard.
    So all in all they both have the same amount of points as the serie ended. Z was clearly the best all-around dancer and this time the best dancer didnt win.
    Not to take anything away from kellie because she was a good dancer but compared to Z, she wasnt the best

To quote Louis Van Amstel from his final blog of the season:

"So, if you judge it on freestyle alone, Kellie will take away the Mirror Ball trophy. Looking back at her season, she has been nothing but consistent. Sometimes she was too much in her head, but always physically giving it her all.

"If you look at showing personality, performance level and always giving well-rounded show stoppers, Zendaya could definitely win. She sometimes had issues finishing off her movement, but she also had very consistent weeks.

"Even though Aly got a late start, by being in the middle of the pack until well into the competition, with her fan base, she might still be able to overtake Kellie and Zendaya. Like I said last week with Ingo, the same goes for Jacoby this week. The only way for him to win is if his fan base will stay up all night to vote. Otherwise, it couldn’t happen.

"After all is said and done, I don’t want to just be diplomatic and not pick a winner, because that would be kind of lame, so … drumroll. Taking the entire season into account, looking at dance technique, performance, overall personality, and who I think touched us watching this season, I’d give the Mirror Ball trophy of Season 16 to Kellie Pickler!"

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2013/05/dancing-with-the-stars-season-16-week-10-louis-van-amstel-blogs-on-final-week/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the link. She is such a delightful girl with a great head on her shoulders. Agree that Abby is a terrific interviewer.

She didn't actually say no to Allstars. She said she didn't know, but by that time she will probably doing some other stuff, and maybe be on tour somewhere.

My favorite line was her slogan, DFTS, Don't Forget to Smile. She says just the act of smiling is beneficial. btw if anyone doesn't watch her interview, her line about "too nice isn't going to get me anywhere," she was referring to when the DWTS producer asked her what kind of partner she wanted. She wanted someone who was going to be tough on her, to get the best out of her. That's the context of "too nice" (of a partner) wasn't going to get her anywhere.

Her biggest role models? Her parents! She self-identifies as "a good kid" with a positive viewpoint, and that by itself is a great role model for others of all ages! Very mature for her age. She's got a very bright future indeed.

To quote Louis Van Amstel from his final blog of the season:

"So, if you judge it on freestyle alone, Kellie will take away the Mirror Ball trophy. Looking back at her season, she has been nothing but consistent. Sometimes she was too much in her head, but always physically giving it her all.

"If you look at showing personality, performance level and always giving well-rounded show stoppers, Zendaya could definitely win. She sometimes had issues finishing off her movement, but she also had very consistent weeks.

"Even though Aly got a late start, by being in the middle of the pack until well into the competition, with her fan base, she might still be able to overtake Kellie and Zendaya. Like I said last week with Ingo, the same goes for Jacoby this week. The only way for him to win is if his fan base will stay up all night to vote. Otherwise, it couldn’t happen.

"After all is said and done, I don’t want to just be diplomatic and not pick a winner, because that would be kind of lame, so … drumroll. Taking the entire season into account, looking at dance technique, performance, overall personality, and who I think touched us watching this season, I’d give the Mirror Ball trophy of Season 16 to Kellie Pickler!"

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2013/05/dancing-with-the-stars-season-16-week-10-louis-van-amstel-blogs-on-final-week/

I respect Louis Opinion but I disagree with him. Overall Zendaya was the best all around dancer but everyone is entitled to their opinions and I respect that :).

Weeks, months, from now, MANY people will still watch and remember Zendaya's performances: all her jives, both sambas , AT, Salsa, foxtrot, VW the views speak for themselves (sure she has a lot of fans but the views alone say a lot ). Her entire body of work with Val will stand the test of time :cool:
    Kellie will be mostly remembered for her FS or her " controversial " Paso and that doesnt make her a " winner " imo :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will miss seeing these 2 dance every monday on my tv but I guess all good things come to an end :(:(:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I respect Louis Opinion but I disagree with him. Overall Zendaya was the best all around dancer but everyone is entitled to their opinions and I respect that :).

Weeks, months, from now, MANY people will still watch and remember Zendaya's performances: all her jives, both sambas , AT, Salsa, foxtrot, VW the views speak for themselves (sure she has a lot of fans but the views alone say a lot ). Her entire body of work with Val will stand the test of time :cool:
    Kellie will be mostly remembered for her FS or her " controversial " Paso and that doesnt make her a " winner " imo :cool:

Controversial Paso? Well check this out from the Season 16 statistics (courtesy of donamadrina): http://bit.ly/ZRCxxL

"Additional Fun Trivia
    Derek’s fellow pros weighed in on the Paso from this week.

Peta Murgatroyd: There was so much Paso in that dance….I thought he’d say all the harsh stuff, followed by ‘it was amazing!’
    Mark Ballas: I can remember three other times Len’s done this….Len just doesn’t like theatrics.
    Maks Chmerkovskiy: It was awesome, actually…It was great to see! It’s good to see them be the characters that they are and put on a great show.”
    Kym Johnson: That dance was absolutely brilliant. I think it’s one of the best dances Derek has ever choreographed. I don’t know what Len was thinking.
    Anna Trebunskaya: That was very clever to tie the two dances together, an Angelic waltz and a Demonic Paso! The judges had a love fest but then Len spoils the party. The performance was amazing!
    Louis Van Amstel: Fantastic idea to tie this beginning into their Paso Doble.I’m going to keep it short. Brilliant! Best of the night."

ETA: From the above link, Len complained he didn't see a certain move he wanted Derek to include in the Paso; Derek protested that he DID include it. So perhaps Len was mistaken in his complaint (besides not liking the flashing lights, etc.)

As far as freestyle, it's been an axiom from the beginning of DWTS that the best freestyle normally wins.

Adding up the views of each of their respective freestyles, the current total is roughly 560,926 views for Kellie's to 60,552 for Zendaya's. Meaning Kellie has more than a half million more views than Zendaya does, where it counted.

Even though it's comparing apples to oranges, Shawn Johnson's freestyle had many more views than Melissa's, and for that matter has more than Zendaya's to date--210,892.

And remember, Zendaya was a dancer to begin with, where Kellie hadn't danced a day in her life. So that's also comparing apples to oranges.

But the axiom "The best freestyle wins" seems to have made the difference this season. To say "that doesn't make her a winner" is the SOUREST of sour grapes, and unworthy of you, in my opinion. It makes you look small. Zendaya herself is much bigger than that, as she displayed in that interview with Abby. Her great attitude will serve her well in her career.
  • Options
    Christian CageChristian Cage Posts: 6,239
    Forum Member
    Controversial Paso? Well check this out from the Season 16 statistics (courtesy of donamadrina): http://bit.ly/ZRCxxL

"Additional Fun Trivia

Peta Murgatroyd: There was so much Paso in that dance….I thought he’d say all the harsh stuff, followed by ‘it was amazing!’
    Mark Ballas: I can remember three other times Len’s done this….Len just doesn’t like theatrics.
    Maks Chmerkovskiy: It was awesome, actually…It was great to see! It’s good to see them be the characters that they are and put on a great show.”
    Kym Johnson: That dance was absolutely brilliant. I think it’s one of the best dances Derek has ever choreographed. I don’t know what Len was thinking.
    Anna Trebunskaya: That was very clever to tie the two dances together, an Angelic waltz and a Demonic Paso! The judges had a love fest but then Len spoils the party. The performance was amazing!
    Louis Van Amstel: Fantastic idea to tie this beginning into their Paso Doble.I’m going to keep it short. Brilliant! Best of the night."

ETA: From the above link, Len complained he didn't see a certain move he wanted Derek to include in the Paso; Derek protested that he DID include it. So perhaps Len was mistaken in his complaint (besides not liking the flashing lights, etc.)

As far as freestyle, it's been an axiom from the beginning of DWTS that the best freestyle normally wins.

Adding up the views of each of their respective freestyles, the current total is roughly 560,926 views for Kellie's to 60,552 for Zendaya's. Meaning Kellie has more than a half million more views than Zendaya does, where it counted.

Even though it's comparing apples to oranges, Shawn Johnson's freestyle had many more views than Melissa's, and for that matter has more than Zendaya's to date--210,892.

And remember, Zendaya was a dancer to begin with, where Kellie hadn't danced a day in her life. So that's also comparing apples to oranges.

But the axiom "The best freestyle wins" seems to have made the difference this season. To say "that doesn't make her a winner" is the SOUREST of sour grapes, and unworthy of you, in my opinion. It makes you look small. Zendaya herself is much bigger than that, as she displayed in that interview with Abby. Her great attitude will serve her well in her career.
    Kellie had dance experience already being a cheerleader. So I wish Kellie fans would stop pretending she has no experience.

Also Derek choosing Contemporary was an easy choice for Kellie because she cannot perform fast latin dances very well without holding on to Derek. Zendaya could not perform a dance like that because it needed to be age appropriate.

Kellie won because she had the bigger fanbase going into the season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dancefan8001

I'm assuming you came into this thread to get a heated debate started. Not interested in taking the bait. No real need. The season is over. 2 adults have DIFFERENT opinions about Zendaya and Kellie and their dancing. Some folks would have preferred Zendaya win based on her dancing in comparision to Kellie ....that doesn't make them small. I means they have an opinion that differs from yours. Last I checked it was a free country so get over it.

edy10 said she respected Louis opinion but disagreed. You should learn to do the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"Additional Fun Trivia

Lol I still maintain everything I said before. Im not going to continue to explain myself. I respect your opinion but I respectfully disagree with you and what Louis or whoever said :):):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancefan8001

I'm assuming you came into this thread to get a heated debate started. Not interested in taking the bait. No real need. The season is over. 2 adults have DIFFERENT opinions about Zendaya and Kellie and their dancing. Some folks would have preferred Zendaya win based on her dancing in comparision to Kellie ....that doesn't make them small. I means they have an opinion that differs from yours. Last I checked it was a free country so get over it.

edy10 said she respected Louis opinion but disagreed. You should learn to do the same.

BIB Thank you, I don't understand some people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kellie had dance experience already being a cheerleader. So I wish Kellie fans would stop pretending she has no experience.

Also Derek choosing Contemporary was an easy choice for Kellie because she cannot perform fast latin dances very well without holding on to Derek. Zendaya could not perform a dance like that because it needed to be age appropriate.

Kellie won because she had the bigger fanbase going into the season.

BIB I agree :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awwww YAY

http://instagram.com/p/Zrb-kGl_Rc/ :):):)

Z and one of Val's BFF :):).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    sweetmisssweetmiss Posts: 3,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol I am going to be childish you need you're head testing if you think Kellie's the better dancer :).
  • Options
    sweetmisssweetmiss Posts: 3,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww 7 year old crying after Zendaya lost http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=iW1bUgcKk50 .