Eastenders - Tina & Tosh

HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What's people thoughts on theses two?

Are they a good pairing or horrible? or is it just the characters as individuals.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dislike Tosh
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tosh is Vile but I like Tina.
  • VioletSummersVioletSummers Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Tosh is a very interesting character and I can't for the life of me figure out why she is such a hate figure on here.

It is known that she is very insecure due to her upbringing and although we knew she had hit Tina before, it looked like she was genuinely trying to work on their relationship and have a baby. Now she finds out that Tina secretly thinks that having a baby isn't the best - despite them spending a lot of money on IVF. Tina did hit Tosh first and although that doesn't excuse her hitting Tina back I think Tosh is a great character who we will see more layers of when:
    Her mum arrives next week, although her dad refuses to see her
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both shit shit shit shit SHIT actress's, complete waste! Tina is just a giant baby IMO, I think Tina, Nancy, and Lee aren't really needed for the Carter's!
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    very happy to see the storyline play out between them
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Tosh is a very interesting character and I can't for the life of me figure out why she is such a hate figure on here.

It is known that she is very insecure due to her upbringing and although we knew she had hit Tina before, it looked like she was genuinely trying to work on their relationship and have a baby. Now she finds out that Tina secretly thinks that having a baby isn't the best - despite them spending a lot of money on IVF. Tina did hit Tosh first and although that doesn't excuse her hitting Tina back I think Tosh is a great character who we will see more layers of when:

Tina splapped her in response to Tosh's verbal abuse. tosh punched tina because she wanted to regain power and control over Tina

Edit to answer op. I like Tina but not really fussed over tosh. but I see the way they have built up tosh's behaviour to this point and I would like to see where the storyline goes
  • SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    I like Tosh but I don't care much for Tina, I liked her friendship with Cindy though.
    I think this Domestic abuse plot will be good.

On a sorta related note anyone else think Tosh is hot?
  • VioletSummersVioletSummers Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    Tina splapped her in response to Tosh's verbal abuse. tosh punched tina because she wanted to regain power and control over Tina

Edit to answer op. I like Tina but not really fussed over tosh. but I see the way they have built up tosh's behaviour to this point and I would like to see where the storyline goes

Oh I agree that Tina slapped Tosh because she was being verbally abusive but it's interesting to see how Tina herself has resorted to violence.
  • eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Tina in most of her scenes - but not with Tosh. I'm not big on Tosh, although I did kind of feel for her during her scenes with Stacey. She obviously wants a baby very much. That's not a bad thing, but Tina isn't the right partner for that.

I think the storyline is a good one in theory. I get why Tina and Tosh are at odds with each other, and both clearly have a violent streak that they bring out in each other. I am having a tough time seeing why they're together in the first place, though, and that's why the storyline isn't really ringing true to me.
  • bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree. I like her and understand why she behaves in the manner she does. Totally insecure, craving love and has a gf who acts like an immature child and drops her for her family all the time. Yes Tosh is resentful and it's clear to see why.
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    I'm not fussed about either of them, really. They have their moments where I like them (separately) like when Tosh reported Arsie for the fire and when Tina's messing about with Johnny, Nancy and Lee. I wouldn't miss either of them if they left though.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITina did hit Tosh first and although that doesn't excuse her hitting Tina back

Added to which, Tina hit Tosh with an open hand (aka a slap) after verbal abuse, Tosh responded with a fist (aka a punch)
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like them. Tosh is supposed to to be a hate figure but she's not entirely. Quite a few rooted for her when she reported the fire and that was the right thin to do. She is also bonding well with stacey now and she does seem to feel sensitive over things (when she heard about sonia and how desperately she wants a baby)
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I think there have been worse characters. They are quite interesting as there is a history of domestic violence between them, which is usually between a man and a woman. I've never heard of it occurring between two women before.
  • DCM10DCM10 Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Added to which, Tina hit Tosh with an open hand (aka a slap) after verbal abuse, Tosh responded with a fist (aka a punch)
    Tina was the first to resort to physical violence by slapping Tosh and Tosh reacted with a punch. You really cannot resort to any form of physical violence and expect the other person to react in the same way i.e. a slap for a slap.
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find their scenes really dull, i don't know why! I'm sure it'll pick up when their storyline gets going.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    DCM10 wrote: »
    Tina was the first to resort to physical violence by slapping Tosh and Tosh reacted with a punch. You really cannot resort to any form of physical violence and expect the other person to react in the same way i.e. a slap for a slap.

however we are aware that Tina has been physically abused by Tosh for a long period of time. Since she has been with the Carters in the the Square you have seen her confidence increase and i think the lsap is her way of telling Tosh that she isnt that weak person anymore and that she wont stand for it.

Physical violence is never ok but i think Tina just wanted Tosh to know what it was like to be in that position.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find their scenes really dull, i don't know why! I'm sure it'll pick up when their storyline gets going.

No, it well get so much worse, ffs call it a day Rebecca Scroggs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NPW wrote: »
    however we are aware that Tina has been physically abused by Tosh for a long period of time. Since she has been with the Carters in the the Square you have seen her confidence increase and i think the lsap is her way of telling Tosh that she isnt that weak person anymore and that she wont stand for it.

Physical violence is never ok but i think Tina just wanted Tosh to know what it was like to be in that position.
    Completely agree, physical violence is never ok.

Tina was upset at the way Tosh spoke to her and should have forcefully Have let Tosh know that. You can verbally slap someone with a good firm telling off BUT Tina resorted to violence by slapping Tosh. Everything should have screamed to Tina that by hitting Tosh she was herself instigating a violent reaction - which she got.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DCM10 wrote: »

Sorry, I have to disagree, whilst violence is not OK, I think that you should not expect an escalation in return, especially as much more physical damage can be inflicted by a closed-fist punch. That took it to another level, and showed what Tosh was really like.
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    I don't mind either actress. Tina is a woman child. She's not grown up enough to mother a child with Tosh. It's everything about Tina that is too young for her age. I'm looking forward to seeing the domestic violence story play out between two women instead of a man and woman. It's also not cut and dried abuser and victim. Tina slapped Tosh first on this occasion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Sorry, I have to disagree, whilst violence is not OK, I think that you should not expect an escalation in return, especially as much more physical damage can be inflicted by a closed-fist punch. That took it to another level, and showed what Tosh was really like.
    Sorry to have to disagree. If I were to hit someone then I shouldn't be surprised if that person returns my aggression. As to the difference between a slap and a punch that is very hard to qualify. A hard slap from one person can do far more harm than a soft punch from someone else. What I feel, and this is only my opinion, is that Tina hit Tosh who reacted by throwing a punch - both actions were wrong and inexcusable but it was initially Tina who lost her cool and took the argument up a level to physical violence.
  • Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Counting down the days until the vile Tosh is gone and I wouldn't be too fussed if she took Tina with her. Couldn't care less about them.
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really dislike Tosh. Tina's alright.
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact Tosh is so hated shows how good a job the actress is doing. I can wait to see where this storyline goes. Imo Tosh is not vile like some on here make out.

Credit to both actresses for this storyline.