Options

RF output - is it possible?

Now that I have a DVD player (at last!) it would be nice to pipe the signal upstairs.
I have my VCR and Sky digibox etc piped upstairs by a 3-way distribution amp. But I cant add the DVD due to lack of an RF output.
Logically, I would have scarted it to AV2 on my VCR but the Macrovison screws up the picture (even when NOT recording) which rules that option out.
I do have two sets of phono video/audio out which I could terminate in a phono to Scart socket at the other end and stick in the back of my portable, but would the signal run that distance without amplification?
Any ideas/suggestion from somebody who has encountered (and solved!) this problem would be most welcome.

Comments

• Options
    richardadcrichardadc Posts: 1,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buy a macrovision decoder!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    What DVD player have you got, as its possible to disable the macrovison with a "Crack" on some modles
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's an ALBA 103 (yeah, cheap n cheerful :) )
    Magazine reviews suggest its region free but I haven't been able to borrow a region 1 disc to try it out. Haven't seen any Macrovision cracks but its early days for this player.
    Maybe i'll find a composite to RF converter on the Maplin web site or something..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you have a camcorder.Some models were originally supplied with an RF output unit to allow you to connect the composite outputs to the coax socket on the TV.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dan9:
    Ignore RF if you can. probebly the ideal solution for your situation is one of the new wireless videosenders. Their perfectly legal and can offer stereo audio and IR control. Prices are about £90-£120.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've looked at a couple of these but they are rather expensive compared to my existing distribution amp. Other prob is that only on e the portables upstairs has a scart input. I can only see to possible solutions,
    buy a Macrovison decoder
    or stick my video out from the DVD into an RF Modulator and join this into my distribution amp - but this means routing the sound only thru AV2 on the VCR.
    Hardly an elegant solution.
    C'mon, someone out there must have a nice easy fix for this conundrum!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Ignore RF if you can. probebly the ideal solution for your situation is one of the new wireless videosenders. Their perfectly legal and can offer stereo audio and IR control. Prices are about £90-£120.