Erin Andrews - yay or nay?

Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
Forum Member
✭✭✭
For me it's a nay :( I loved her as a contestant but as the presenter? No thankyou.

My replacement idea would be Cat Deeley. To be honest I'm surprised she hasn't been linked to the role on the show already what with her credentials and popularity on SYTYCD.

Comments

• fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She took a couple of weeks to settle in and has a voice that could strip paint, but I thought she did a great job on the whole. A vast improvement on Brooke imo.
  • kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she got better as the season went on
  • Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    She took a couple of weeks to settle in and has a voice that could strip paint, but I thought she did a great job on the whole. A vast improvement on Brooke imo.

THAT voice, I know :D
  • DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's a yay from me! I like how she's able to have a bit more of a joke with the dancers, i.e. her "rivalries" with Amy and Peta, and her joke to Candace who was worried about going up against Amy and Meryl that "in my season I was up against a Pussycat Doll!" She makes me laugh and has more personality in the interview box than anyone who came before her really. Yes, her voice isn't great, but she can't help that. Overall, I think she's done great, and look forward to her being back in the Autumn!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
    She has more personality than Brooke, Erin's voice certainly grates though, ewww, ears bleeding.:D:D She seems to be able to have a joke with the couples, but she's cringeworthy with a few of her questions. I'm guessing she's been fed those through her earpiece. I would say more yay than nay, if I lower the sound when she speaks.:D:D:D
  • teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erin has just been elevated to No. 1 side-line reporter on Fox NFL team.

This is a huge role to have in the context of American Sports.
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Nay. She's horrible.
  • moni81moni81 Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I say it's a YAY..like her better then Brooke but I would have loved it if they'd gone with Mel B from the start
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that Erin is a better host and interviewer than Brooke but her voice is very off-putting. I know she can't help it but it has me rushing for the mute button, which is a shame.
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    I found her abrasive and annoying as a contestant and little has changed. Brooke is very quiet, but being brash doesn't equal having a personality in my eyes.