✭✭
    For internet no. For calls yes.
  • WillButcherWillButcher Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since it is O2 by another name,no!
  • BodyElectricBodyElectric Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    For the internet their child protection lock ruins everything. To remove it, you have to give them your passport info or driving license number...crazy!!! It was good value for money but too nanny state to be of use to me.

I'm with EE now and find them much better even though they are pricier.
  • krytenkkrytenk Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Calls ok, internet signal outside of big towns awful, 4G nonexistent, despite their claims to the contrary.

That said, their customer service was a million times better than EE. Would go back to them tomorrow if it weren't for the internet thing.

You can keep your old number. Just get the PAC code from your current provider.
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been with them for a couple of years, and for what i need a mobile phone for they are fine, especially for the price.

I'm not a great mobile internet user, the screen on a mobile phone is far too small for me, but for texts, calls, email, etc, I've never had an issue.
  • JDFJDF Posts: 4,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its mainly for the internet i was thinking for getting it
  • TARDIS BlueTARDIS Blue Posts: 10,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was with Giffgaff for a few years. I only left them because I'm currently travelling and, unlike Giffgaff, Three do free roaming in the majority of countries I'm visiting/have visited. I would happily go with them again in the future. Their internet was just fine in my experience too. It depends where you are.

As for keeping your old number, you will need to contact your existing provider and request a PAC (Port Authorisation Code) from them. Once you've done that you'll need to fill in Giffgaff's transfer form, found here. Then it's just a matter of waiting a day or so.